• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I bought Blu's latest album on vinyl...so yes, there are people here who do buy music. lol.
I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to Blu.

But yeah, both digitally and physically. I'm really surprised with myself when I look back at how much I've spent.

Latest digital purchase was Doppelgangaz release. If Bandcamp doesn't count, then Gibbs Baby Face Killa was my latest purchase.

Physical: should be getting my Russian Roulette LP in a couple of weeks or so. My cd came in a while ago. Oh and got ELO's remastered discography for like 30ish bucks. So hyped for that to show up.

coldvein

Banned
Oh and got ELO's remastered discography for like 30ish bucks. So hyped for that to show up.

fuck yeah, where'd you get it?

my last physical purchases were we dont even live here, gkmc, and the mwtif score, all on the same day. then after i realized i had purchased the score i bought the soundtrack. i'm starting to get a substantial cd collection going in my little cell where i live, need to put up some more shelves or something..

Recon

Banned
I dont fuck with CD's anymore. Either vinyls or digital. Vinyls because I love the big artwork, digital because everything goes into my iphone and I hate storing CD's.

CRS

fuck yeah, where'd you get it?

my last physical purchases were we dont even live here, gkmc, and the mwtif score, all on the same day. then after i realized i had purchased the score i bought the soundtrack. i'm starting to get a substantial cd collection going in my little cell where i live, need to put up some more shelves or something..
Here.

coldvein

Banned
I dont fuck with CD's anymore. Either vinyls or digital. Vinyls because I love the big artwork, digital because everything goes into my iphone and I hate storing CD's.

love vinyl for the same reason, but when i moved out here i was trying to go light, so my turntable + couple hundred records were left behind. the art is the best thing about vinyl to me - i've never felt like it sounds considerably better or anything... but i'll still always buy a cd over a digital download if i can.

*thanks CRS, this is going to be somebody's christmas present this year

What does "bigger" mean? Is there added instrumentation? Or did someone just slide a fader up and make everything louder?

Any song arrangement changes?

There are some minor production changes but I'm talking more about the mastering making it sound lusher. The drugs knock harder, the bass sounds better, the vocal alteration is crazier, etc

CRS

I do. Especially if I want a flac rip of the album. I still need to adjust my rip settings. If anyone has some tips or care to share their settings, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Recon

Banned
I do. Especially if I want a flac rip of the album. I still need to adjust my rip settings. If anyone has some tips or care to share their settings, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I give ZERO fucks about FLAC or anything above 256 really. For such a lover of music, im not much of an audiophile.

CRS

The one vinyl I'm pissed that I missed was that white Danny Brown XXX. Daaaamn, I want that so bad :(

White as in the record itself?!

I have this.

bceJc.jpg

Edit: wait a sec, I can't remember at all if it was white or not. Fuck. I think I listened to it. Seriously can't remember.

coldvein

Banned
fun fact, first vinyl i ever bought and the record that made me buy a record player was sage francis' sea lion single, which had a b-side with saul williams on it that you couldn't get in any other form at the time..... that shit was greeeaaat. nowadays i'm sure you can just dl it off the internet, but it was pretty special back then.

Artemisia

Banned
You can hear what I assume to be the original version of Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe here.

I guess this confirms that gaga was on the song and the vocals were affected? Or maybe they were just scrapped completely. Whatever, though. the song still shits either way.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You can hear what I assume to be the original version of Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe here.

I guess this confirms that gaga was on the song and the vocals were affected? Or maybe they were just scrapped completely. Whatever, though. the song still shits either way.

I really like this version. :| Wish they could have worked it out. :/

Cudder

There are some minor production changes but I'm talking more about the mastering making it sound lusher. The drugs knock harder, the bass sounds better, the vocal alteration is crazier, etc

Gotcha. So, is the Trilogy replacing the mixtapes in your iTunes or what?

The one vinyl I'm pissed that I missed was that white Danny Brown XXX. Daaaamn, I want that so bad :(

I have this & love it.

I enjoy vinyl the most; I feel like I'm actually purchasing something tangible--large artwork is a huge plus too. The entire novelty of it is wonderful as well: putting on each record, reading along with the album. It's an extremely dedicated listen, and makes everything a little more... Special.

I buy CDs for the car sometimes.

Almost never buy digital.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Prince Paul does not look impressed... then again most people aint shit compared to prince paul and he probably knows it.

give the dude his credit but he really hasn't done anything worth in some years.. He is 45 old OG but people ain't shit compared to Prince Paul doesn't really make sense to me

I'll just refrain from saying anything bad about this version since it hasn't been mastered or anything. Would be nice if we got a mastered version though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
give the dude his credit but he really hasn't done anything worth in some years.. He is 45 old OG but people ain't shit compared to Prince Paul doesn't really make sense to me

Well I hold De La Soul / very high, even higher than ATCQ not to mention his other projects are very dope as well. I know this is a tangent but How do you feel about De La Soul?

Blackace

Well I hold De La Soul / very high, even higher than ATCQ not to mention his other projects are very dope as well. I know this is a tangent but How do you feel about De La Soul?

I like De La a lot.. However I don't think their music aged that well.

I like their AOI CDs a lot a lot especially the first one

Ace thanks to ignorant26 I finally got around to listening to Quality Street Music, Pledge of Allegiance is cheesy/poppy as fuck but who cares? It's a banger.

Blackace

Ace thanks to ignorant26 I finally got around to listening to Quality Street Music, Pledge of Allegiance is cheesy/poppy as fuck but who cares? It's a banger.

Thanks, this mix got buried a bit
It's not deep but it's not trying to be... Just bob your head and enjoy!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah, their classics are awesome, but dated. "Stakes is High" I feel also aged very well.

Stakes is High is a great album. Very dark album, very angry in a way, even the upbeat songs have this undertone of anger.

Still hope Ace does a native tongues mix at some point. Throw in some Bush Babies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Glad this version didn't make, it's awful, she doesn't fit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom