• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Hearing this shit on Chappelle ... shit changed how i felt about hip hop

Yeah, that performance was the shit.

On a non-hip hop note, listened to Jessie Ware's album for the first time today. Never heard anything by her until last night. Shit's amazing, I don't know man, can't stop listening to Wildest Moments, can't believe I missed out on this for so long.

RJT

Stakes is High is a great album. Very dark album, very angry in a way, even the upbeat songs have this undertone of anger.

Still hope Ace does a native tongues mix at some point. Throw in some Bush Babies.

+1. That would be awesome.

mooooose

The Lady Gaga version is fucking awesome. It's a rough demo. If polished it would've been fucking sick. I like the current one a lot too because when Kendrick sings it, it feels more personal. Kendrick's awkward delivery of a lot of his hooks is very personable.

Man my brother tried to off himself last night, in the mania of a bipolar episode. Dude took a shit load of Lithium and some other med down with a bottle of liquor. Fortunately, he survived. I'm not gonna make a thread about it, but I needed to share with someone. On the bright side, he's finally in the hospital getting treatment and I'm going to sleep tonight instead of waiting up for a call from the jail or morgue.

God damn. Have some experience with close peoples trying that shit. Its very rough to go through. Hold your head and stay strong fam. Having strong people surrounding them with love and support really makes a difference. Thoughts go out to you and yours man.

Is the Gang Starr Full clip compilation any good?

If your not heavy into GangStarr then its a good starting point. If you are into GangStarr then its still a good comp.

Also that song The One off Cruel summer couldve been so much better. I like it (Probably the only one on here) But god damn it had potential

CRS

Jessie Ware's Devotion is a serious contender for my overall AOTY. Not a single weak song on there. The more you listen to the album, the more you'll realize that fact. Almost every song on there has been my favorite track at one point or another.

Right now, it's tied between Taking In Water and No To Love. And the highs of the album are amazing, Wildest Moments, Running, Night Light, Sweet Talk, and Taking in Water.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Olu Dara lost.

The Lady Gaga version is fucking awesome. It's a rough demo. If polished it would've been fucking sick. I like the current one a lot too because when Kendrick sings it, it feels more personal. Kendrick's awkward delivery of a lot of his hooks is very personable.
Cosigning this entire post.

320kbps and 256kbps are the exact same to me, the only difference is with 320kbps your less likely to get a bunch of shitty radio rips strung together and labelled as an album rip.

EDIT: Lady GaGa demo version of Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe.

Weeknd ft. Drake - The Zone video.

I also have DotA2 and AirMech invites if anyone wants 'em.

Enzo- What you think about the Wiz Khalifa f The Weeknd- Remember You

http://youtu.be/WBGbYagI6G4

Sorry all if this song has been posted before

Grzi

I hyped her for so long and so hard, so I don't know how you missed it either.

I just saw the OT you made today, I rarely go outside the few community threads I frequent, so unless you've been talking about her in the GAF-Hop threads it's understandable why I missed it.

Jessie Ware was alright, like a couple of songs on there but the rest of the album was meh.

It has some excellent highs; Wildest Moments & 110% are two of my favorite songs of the year. I agree with you though, I thought it was terribly inconsistent.

This album, on the other hand...

Also, I mentioned earlier that I would like to do a "Definitive GAF songs of the year" list of sorts, in which people vote and I assign point values to their top 3 choices. Would anybody be interested in something like that? I want to make sure a handful of people are down before I make a thread in the next week.

Enzo- What you think about the Wiz Khalifa f The Weeknd- Remember You

http://youtu.be/WBGbYagI6G4

Sorry all if this song has been posted before

I was talking to HiRes about this and that I think having The Weeknd as a feature is interesting but at the same time not interesting.

So far everyone who has featured The Weeknd, the song ends up coming off as a Weeknd song instead of the artist who featured him and likely because they choose the exact type of beats that he'd sing over and such. I'm sure the reason for that is because the reason why people like Weeknd is not only cause of his voice, but because of his production. Not all rappers sound right over those type of beats, I certainly don't like Wiz over that beat.

I'm a bit afraid that's how majority of his features will come out as.

PBY

Banned
J8E3M.jpg

http://www.sharebeast.com/5eruxfca8evb

aw yeaaaaah

Am I only one of the few that doesn't like the Game celebration? I heard it again on XM RADIO hip hop station and it was #1 on its top 5

HiResDes

It has some excellent highs; Wildest Moments & 110% are two of my favorite songs of the year. I agree with you though, I thought it was terribly inconsistent.

This album, on the other hand...

Also, I mentioned earlier that I would like to do a "Definitive GAF songs of the year" list of sorts, in which people vote and I assign point values to their top 3 choices. Would anybody be interested in something like that? I want to make sure a handful of people are down before I make a thread in the next week.
While this chick is more than decent, how the fuck do I two-step to this... I cannot get jiggy with it
Does Plies scream all the time like his feature on TM103?
Yes basically

T Dollarz

I don't have any Gang Starr, nor have I ever heard any. As far as I know, it's the last "classic" hip hop I have yet to discover. So I ask you, what are the classic/essential albums? Or should I just pick up the Full Clip compilation?

Grzi

I don't have any Gang Starr, nor have I ever heard any. As far as I know, it's the last "classic" hip hop I have yet to discover. So I ask you, what are the classic/essential albums? Or should I just pick up the Full Clip compilation?

Moment of Truth is their best album, but it's a bit different than their first four, so some might disagree with me.

Quake1028

The P.O.S release is really growing on me. Tracks 2-5 are some good shit. Overall, if I have to rank the 4 most recent HH albums I've bought:

GKMC - 9
P.O.S - 8
Meek Mill - 6
Iron Fists - WTF still hasn't come in the mail yet from Bandcamp :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hey Siddx when you get a chance I NEED the writeup for the Luda mix.. lol Why? Just because I want to read it!

Quake1028

Good recap Gloom- you ever listen to free mixtapes?

I am not opposed to them by any means, I just find it hard to find all the time to listen to the stuff I buy plus Spotify. Plus 8-10 hours a day of my listening are at work and it's hard to listen to hip-hop here.

I am not opposed to them by any means, I just find it hard to find all the time to listen to the stuff I buy plus Spotify. Plus 8-10 hours a day of my listening are at work and it's hard to listen to hip-hop here.

In an office environment it's odd to crank up certain categories of rap. I can relate.

Quake1028

In an office environment it's odd to crank up certain categories of rap. I can relate.

Yeah, I have it a bit better because I am in IT and there are only two of us. But, our door is open enough that playing anything at any decent level that is going to have tons of cussing is just not really an option.

PBY

Banned

When you do listen to hip hop at work, what kind of stuff is it?

PBY

Banned
Not much. I use work time to listen to all the other genres of music I enjoy. The car and home are where I listen to 99% of my hip-hop.

Yeah, thats kinda been my experience too. I would suggest Nujabes, its pretty much my default work music.

overcast

Yeah I was late to listening to Jessie Ware too, going to see her in January though.

I don't think I like The Weeknd on features that much.. Frank Ocean was good on his features.

Recon

Banned
Yeah I was late to listening to Jessie Ware too, going to see her in January though.

I don't think I like The Weeknd on features that much.. Frank Ocean was good on his features.

I like them both on features, but for me, The Weeknd>>> Frank. I think he has a lot of potential, but CO was so boring...

kamspy

Man my brother tried to off himself last night, in the mania of a bipolar episode. Dude took a shit load of Lithium and some other med down with a bottle of liquor. Fortunately, he survived. I'm not gonna make a thread about it, but I needed to share with someone. On the bright side, he's finally in the hospital getting treatment and I'm going to sleep tonight instead of waiting up for a call from the jail or morgue.

Value your sound mental health yo. Some of us walk on the edge.
That would be me.

Been there. Hang in there man.

coldvein

Banned
The P.O.S release is really growing on me. Tracks 2-5 are some good shit. Overall, if I have to rank the 4 most recent HH albums I've bought:

GKMC - 9
P.O.S - 8
Meek Mill - 6
Iron Fists - WTF still hasn't come in the mail yet from Bandcamp :(

for me its like

GKMC 9
POS 8
Iron Fists 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom