• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shits aleady out in atl radio station was giving copies away iirc
Shit already leaked fam
Worlds slowest Enzo.
Damn... This is when you know I'm not checking for dude. He was buzzing at the top of the year when he was murdering features but he took too long to put the actual project out.

Is hard being wack. Hipsters are going to rule the game, and LIL B is their god.
Lil B is everyone's god. Hipsters are just the prophets.

Esch

Banned

ib3lFxdYAy2Zp.gif

DominoKid

Uh what the FUCK

Mix sounds weird. I would have preferred one where they just edited the new choruses and stuff into the original Pusha version, and left it at that.

youre right. i thought it was just my computer being wonky.

sn: i bet ratchet pussy acts a motherfucking FOOL in the club when Ball (T.I) comes on. i can't help but dance whenever i hear it

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
hahahahah holy shit my sister just sent me this. The girl Verbs is talking about is my sister's old room mate and the best friend he mentions coming out to help her is my sister. I remember hearing about this story from my sister back when it happened.

And yes, the girl he's talking about did indeed have some tig ol bitties like he said. Redhead with some nuclear bombs on her chest. Sweet girl, terribly self destructive and no street smarts whatsoever, but a nice girl at her core. I also remember my sister bitching at her several times to send that vest back to him and stop wearing it out and about.

DominoKid

hahahahah holy shit my sister just sent me this. The girl Verbs is talking about is my sister's old room mate and the best friend he mentions coming out to help her is my sister. I remember hearing about this story from my sister back when it happened.

And yes, the girl he's talking about did indeed have some tig ol bitties like he said. Redhead with some nuclear bombs on her chest. Sweet girl, terribly self destructive and no street smarts whatsoever, but a nice girl at her core. I also remember my sister bitching at her several times to send that vest back to him and stop wearing it out and about.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm damn! (c) based god

Esch

Banned
Pitchfork Game Jesus Piece review

The Game has no dignity, but it certainly hasn't hindered his career, which was built entirely without it, and even predicated on its absence. Dignity's overrated, anyway; if you leveled the accusation at him, he'd probably work it into a rhyme about Blackstreet so he could remind you how much he likes "No Diggity". When you've sold 10 million albums abasing yourself at every available opportunity, there's no reason to change course, and on his fifth studio collection, the Game is still happily, busily, thoroughly ethering himself beyond all comprehension: "I don’t care if Kanye hit it/ I don’t care if Jay hit it/ I’ma eat it up and I’ma lay with it"

yo i hate these dudes but
deadmanny.png

siddx

Was that a review of Jesus Piece or of Game himself? Those dipshits at pitchfork dont have much room to talk about embarrassing yourself, considering every review they write reads like an attempt to impress their creative writing professor. You write reviews, not fucking literature. Tell us how the album is or find a new bottom feeding career of equivalent uselessness to pursue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was that a review of Jesus Piece or of Game himself? Those dipshits at pitchfork dont have much room to talk about embarrassing yourself, considering every review they write reads like an attempt to impress their creative writing professor. You write reviews, not fucking literature. Tell us how the album is or find a new bottom feeding career of equivalent uselessness to pursue.
This is all very true, but that shit was hilarious nonetheless. Lmao @ "fifth studio collection"

Esch

Banned
i dont know but ill take any amount of literature willing to mock Game just using material he himself came up with

siddx

i dont know but ill take any amount of literature willing to mock Game just using material he himself came up with

I have no problem with mocking game. I like him more than most people on here seem to do but it's obvious to everyone he makes himself a huge target for mockery. But a review isn't that place. You have one very simple job as a reviewer, tell us how the album is. Save the "clever" diatribes about an artist for the blog.

Esch

Banned
I have no problem with mocking game. I like him more than most people on here seem to do but it's obvious to everyone he makes himself a huge target for mockery. But a review isn't that place. You have one very simple job as a reviewer, tell us how the album is. Save the "clever" diatribes about an artist for the blog.

Except that it is about the album. Seeing as how game makes every piece of music he can about his career fuckery and personal awfulness then how are you supposed to separate the two? I suppose you could say some dull shit about the beats being good but the subject matter being shit but thats just boring dry reading and i'll take some undisguised trolling over it anyday.

iavi

The excerpt was hilarious, but siddx has a point. A review is a place for on-point professionalism, not funny digressions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thing is though, Jesus Piece actually has the least amount of Game-isms that people mock him for since like Documentary. So yeah the Pitchfork bit is cheap thrills.

Remember this? And this? Also lol @ Game saying there his next album wouldn't feature name dropping.

coldvein

Banned
i'm perfectly fine with pitchfork going in on game in that "review". it's pitchfork, 2012, the internet. it wasn't particularly informative or anything, but it was funny. *shrug*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
defending that pitchfork review is like defending a game review who calls Gabe Newell fat just because hur hur

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Jesus Piece is trash. You would think he would copy kendrick and make an awesome tale of modern compton with each song. Instead i hear tracks with 2 chains rapping about lambo's and the game doing a kanye accent. It pisses me off how bad the game has become.

Tokubetsu

Jesus Piece is trash. You would think he would copy kendrick and make an awesome tale of modern compton with each song. Instead i hear tracks with 2 chains rapping about lambo's and the game doing a kanye accent. It pisses me off how bad the game has become.

Really?

cousins

Why would you ever think that?

siddx

Cut him some slack, he's from the UK, they don't really know anything about rap there. They're like the D-league of hip hop :p

//B1G

Banned
Tbh I didn't even know dudes were still hung on the game. I haven't gave a damn about him since his single hate it or love it.
> And when I listened to the title track Jesus Piece I don't even think I got to Game's verse before I got bored and switched it to something else. ha. I wasn't gonna say it but since I'm already talking about him..

RJT

Tbh I didn't even know dudes were still hung on the game. I haven't gave a damn about him since his single hate it or love it.
> And when I listened to the title track Jesus Piece I don't even think I got to Game's verse before I got bored and switched it to something else. ha. I wasn't gonna say it but since I'm already talking about him..

Documentary is amazing, and he still drops good songs now and then (The City is one of the best songs of the last few years, though admitedly with an essencial contribution from Kendrick)

kamspy

Game review is spot on in his case, since the gripes the author put out there about "Game the person" are actually what makes the album bad. Song concepts are good enough. Beats are good enough. It's just Game's sorry ass that makes me unable to take any of the tracks seriously. Dude is just a clown.

Finally Rich is everything it should have been, take it or leave it. Basically, if like the Keef joints that leaked early, you'll like the whole album. There isn't a single track on there that goes against what you'd expect from Keef. The album honing folks at Interscope actually made the pacing really good and cut all the fat. That's the one thing it has going for it vs Flockaveli. There are only 15 tracks on it, and even though they all have that Young Chop sound, it someone doesn't get repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom