• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When Detox comes out, we all gotta do Dr. Dre themed avatars, like people do for Christmas and shit like that.

Promise, GAF-Hop?

cacophony

nah mixing with solely with headphones is not a good idea. the stereo image is off because they are right on your ears, and the bass response is going to be off as well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nah mixing with solely with headphones is not a good idea. the stereo image is off because they are right on your ears, and the bass response is going to be off as well.
I mix in headphones alot and have none of those issues

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Detox is coming!*

*With purchase of a HTC phone with Beats technology and 2-year agreement with Sprint

Liquid Swords 2 will drop before Detox ever does.

Listened to Keefs album finally. I would rather push fresh dog shit into my ear canals then listen to that again.

Terrible album.

thabiz

You most certainly can, it depends on headphones..not sure what these dudes are talking about

If you can compensate for bass response, room acoustics, and binaural imaging issues. Then use them.

It really comes down to how well you "know" your headphones. You would also have to reference how the mix sounds in different environments, before any final decision is made.

Mastering? Out of the question.

Tokubetsu

You most certainly can, it depends on headphones..not sure what these dudes are talking about

awesome, bout to dive into this shit after i get off the phone. Seems the file is small? Low quality? I would pay for high quality like last time.

160 kbps? Not terrible but yeah, it's really good. Not a single track I hate and there's some cool BWE samples sprinkled throughout. Starlito's storytelling is so damn strong. Definitely stronger than post traumatic stress.

HiResDes

If you can compensate for bass response, room acoustics, and binaural imaging issues. Then use them.

It really comes down to how well you "know" your headphones. You would also have to reference how the mix sounds in different environments, before any final decision is made.

Mastering? Out of the question.

They make reference headphones that are as accurate as sound systems quadruple their price.

thabiz

They make reference headphones that are as accurate as sound systems quadruple their price.

No headphones, no matter the price, can compensate for spacial awareness.

I guess every mastering studio can just close up shop then. Theres a reason this isnt done on headphones.

You use headphones as a reference. Never as the tool for a final mix.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Word, those headphones are very well crafted and sound great as well. And this is coming from a SONY guy. Those AKG's are no joke. I'm getting one soon. But, grabbing my MDR R1 first. So happy I got to fully test them.

Where can I find these?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom