• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
muchas gracias! BTW I'm still planning on Tokyo for february (tet) break. And I'm at a bar/club right now listening to a dj who could use some lessons from you. dude went from pitbulls back I time to Gangnam style with the ugliest fucking transition ever. The remix of Gangnam style he's playing is pretty dope though. anyways, before me drunk ass gets more off track, where do you recommend staying in Tokyo? I stayed at K's hostel last time I was there which was cheap and decent but was a little far from everything. I'd like to be more in the midst of the action and night life.

What's your budget look like? There are a few franchised hotels I would suggest that run about 6000 to 8000 yen a night

That's what I use when travelling

Blackace

Ummmm....

John Travolta in Pulp Fiction
Pam Grier in Jackie Brown
Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill

to name a few. Im pretty sure no director in hollywood would have made those casting decisions.
That's not if other directors would make he sees that character in that actor

Having wrote the script helps probably more than anything

i mix the molly with the keisha that's my recipe
i just sit back and let this reefer get the best of me

damn, BFK has three of the best songs of the year imo...back to back to back. MCH, The Hard, Kush Cloud
wowpn.png

Kush Cloud = great song
Money, Clothes, Hoes = SOTY contender
Rest of album = Buncha bullshit filler with no soul.

Meh.

I liked a lot of the tracks.

BFK, Still Livin', Money Clothes Hoes, Kush Cloud, Walk In Wit, Stay Down, Krazy and even Bout It Bout It grew on me a bit.

I think it's frontloaded but still really good.

Gonna work on my list tonight. For albums at least, doubt I'll do one for songs. Not gonna lie though brehs, if I did a song list it would be controversial

ie Love Sosa and Mercy in the top 10 most likely

Gonna work on my list tonight. For albums at least, doubt I'll do one for songs. Not gonna lie though brehs, if I did a song list it would be controversial

ie Love Sosa and Mercy in the top 10 most likely

I don't see what's controversial about those choices. One is a song that is a guilty pleasure for like majority posters here and the other is just isn't

DominoKid

Complex presents: Hail to the Chief (Online Cover Story)
click the pic

He hasn't graduated from high school yet, but Chief Keef is already looking like rap's Most Likely to Succeed for 2013. Since the release of his 2011 breakout single "Bang," the Chicago Southsider has gone from being on house arrest at his grandmother's to landing a label deal with Interscope Records at the age of 16. Keef is not just one of the hottest new artists in rap, he's also one of the most reviled. Though he's an obvious contender for rookie of the year, his deceptively simple hooks and unrepentant misbehavior have led to misgivings among the hip-hop intelligentsia. But let's keep it one hundred—or better yet, 3Hunna: Regardless of the critics, Chief Keef is winning.

Although he scared Lupe Fiasco, Keef has been endorsed by hip-hop's elite—from Kanye West, who remixed "I Don't Like," to 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa, who appear on his single "Hate Being Sober," although the fate of the song's video remains unclear (more on that later). For someone who's known for songs like "Love Sosa," Keef sure does inspire a lot of hate. His debut album, Finally Rich, which will be released tomorrow—three days before the Mayan apocalypse—has been hailed as a landmark release and described as a harbinger of doom. It's one of the most important and least understood records you're likely to hear this year.

To celebrate the event, Complex collaborated with Keef and his team on a week filled with exclusive features, anchored by this digital cover. Complex staff writer David Drake—a Chicago native who penned the first major piece on Keef earlier this year—drew on months of research for his must-read cover story about Keef's meteoric rise to fame and what it means for him, for his city, and for hip-hop. Keep checking back all week for more from Keef as well as his go-to producer Young Chop and video director D.Gainz as we bring you the full story on this rap phenomenon. Chief Keef's success marks the rise of a new kind of rap star, so relax and take notes. Class is in session.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
What's your budget look like? There are a few franchised hotels I would suggest that run about 6000 to 8000 yen a night

That's what I use when travelling

I can swing that much. It's about what I'm paying for my room now.

Blackace

Got some time for some work today was thinking of a new Caddies and Syrup mix

Also almost 300 DLs on my Datpiff mix

Not bad for less and being a nobody

Thinking about getting part 2 out in another week or so need that Macca bomb shit to hook it up

Macca

Have you seen an increase of downloads from the site?
I haven't really noticed much, but that's probably because the site is all kinds of fucked up! Aiming to get back on it after Christmas tho, have had an actual paying site job that needed to be done before then, so shits been super hectic.

Blackace

Have you seen an increase of downloads from the site?
I will be pushing the site hardbody soon as it doesn't make me go into fits when I visit it
I haven't really noticed much, but that's probably because the site is all kinds of fucked up! Aiming to get back on it after Christmas tho, have had an actual paying site job that needed to be done before then, so shits been super hectic.

Yeah get that paper first

The album cover really sold my mixtape tho
That shit was awesome

Macca

I will be pushing the site hardbody soon as it doesn't make me go into fits when I visit it

Yeah get that paper first

The album cover really sold my mixtape tho
That shit was awesome
I've definitely got you covered on some art, I can spend an hour or two on that easy. It's just when I write the site I like to spend like 8 hours or something where I can just test, try stuff, shit like that.

siddx

Ok what are your dates?

I'm pretty sure I have something like feb.9th to feb.18th off but since my school has apparently removed the calendar from its website for some reason I can't be 100% till I get home and check. But I'm probably looking at 4 or 5 nights in Tokyo.

Blackace

I've definitely got you covered on some art, I can spend an hour or two on that easy. It's just when I write the site I like to spend like 8 hours or something where I can just test, try stuff, shit like that.
Basically want that same look black and white with a big spray painted 2 next to the title

thabiz

Are you doing a new mix ace?

Would love to hear some new East Coast mix from you. Meyhem, Bronson, etc.

edit: Nevermind

siddx

That's a hell of a lot easier than what I had in mind! I can do that no trouble. Different dudes and shit too?

I'd definitely recommend different dudes, people are dumb as fuck everything you can to differentiate the two mixes will help those endless streams of morons not mix the two up.

Finally heard Jesus Piece. Better than I was expecting, much better.

I was hoping the album's concept was going to be taken further. Feels like a high budget mixtape...need to listen a couple more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom