• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That's a hell of a lot easier than what I had in mind! I can do that no trouble. Different dudes and shit too?

I'd definitely recommend different dudes, people are dumb as fuck everything you can to differentiate the two mixes will help those endless streams of morons not mix the two up.

as Siddx so elegantly put it we just don't know how fucking dumb people can be /black Tony Blair

Yeah different faces please

Are you doing a new mix ace?

Would love to hear some new East Coast mix from you. Meyhem, Bronson, etc.

edit: Nevermind

Naw Ignorant Shit 2 isn't going to be for another week or so

Was going to put in work for the fam today

iavi

I understand that it's Complex but they're right.

I didn't even know having something against Complex was a thing. Calling Keef a rap phenomenon is throwing the whole genre under the bus. He's the most recent of a long list of freshman, little-skilled YT rappers that breakout off of the back of a hit single(in his case, I don't Like, and that didn't even do numbers like Yonkers or Crank That), that's all, and his fame will probably last the 15 minutes theirs did. That's not salt, that's just knowing that history's going to repeat.

I can't see how them proclaiming him as something great is anything more than thirsty editors desperate for something to latch onto.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol @ fucking 'rap phenomenon'. Keef? lol

Is the hip-hop enthusiast press really that thirsty?
He's not a phenomenon right now?

Son got 20 million views on YT for I Don't Like, got signed off of that song, and Love Sosa has more. Those are phenomenon numbers whether you like the music or not, and none of that implicates great quality, but that IS a great feat.

DominoKid

cac you liked Pluto that much? kinda surprised. it's in my top 10.

lol @ fucking 'rap phenomenon'. Keef? lol

Is the hip-hop enthusiast press really that thirsty?

well they're right...

that weezy skateboarding video is hilarious. skateboarding is a fuckload harder than it looks though. i busted ass soooooooooo much when my friend tried to teach me freshman year. gave up after like 2 weeks. i'm not about that scrape & bruise life, god forbid i break a bone.

I'm the only one who cares about Weezy, I know, but I really love how much he seems to care about skateboarding and how bad he is at it, it's kind of endearing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SITkrjLyP2s#t=0m19s

that weezy skateboarding video is hilarious. skateboarding is a fuckload harder than it looks though. i busted ass soooooooooo much when my friend tried to teach me freshman year. gave up after like 2 weeks. i'm not about that scrape & bruise life, god forbid i break a bone.

Yea. Skateboarding is beyond my abilities, plus Weezy is high as fuck most of time if I had to guess...as someone who couldn't do that shit sober, I can't really saying anything.

Blackace

I misread, hence the nevermind.

Looks like the DL's are rolling in. Awesome.

you read it right... going to make another mix for the squad today.

Doing fairly good.. don't have much to compare it with..

ecurbj

I just finished downloading T.I.: Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head [Deluxe Edition] and Chief Keef: Finally Rich [Deluxe Edition]. Trouble Man not bad so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
catastrophic.jpg

Coming in 4 days. Prob will skip out on it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A phenomenon isn't always a good thing. A bear with bat wings exploding out of a volcano and fucking you to death with his molten lava beardick would be a phenomenon, but just like keef, its something no sane person wants to be exposed to.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
A phenomenon isn't always a good thing. A bear with bat wings exploding out of a volcano and fucking you to death with his molten lava beardick would be a phenomenon, but just like keef, its something no sane person wants to be exposed to.

..... well god damn I need to avoid keef like penetration from flaming lava beardick

Blackace

Keef is a JRPG mini boss?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
flaming beardick was my nickname for a stripper I used to fuck in Seattle. because interacting with her outside of sex was like sucking a big flaming beardick of hatred and misery.

DominoKid

fucking lol.

really though who the fuck thought that was a good idea for a preorder bonus?
Big Boi i can kinda understand. Kinda. But BoB? naw.

NY here and I feel the same way.

On the subject of Flatbush Zombies, did they ever release a mixtape? I only see a few tracks here and there -- which are gold, mind you.

NYC lost great music venues, that's one problem. Two, everyone I encounter over the years(The front of FATBEATS is one example)Were doing the same same type of hip-hop, even when you went to CBGB's when it was open. But, this wasn't an issue on the West Coast. The diversity in front of the LA store of FATBEATS was insane. Production was very vast. When Dipset was out, it created a sound and look. No one is doing anything, but the same.

iavi

NYC lost great music venues, that's one problem. Two, everyone I encounter over the years(The front of FATBEATS is one example)Were doing the same same type of hip-hop, even when you went to CBGB's when it was open. But, this wasn't an issue on the West Coast. The diversity in front of the LA store of FATBEATS was insane. Production was very vast. When Dipset was out, it created a sound and look. No one is doing anything, but the same.

Being from the west, you always hear of NYC as this mecca of music, place of rampant diversity. You saying it's not is popping my bubble, fam.

Flatbush Zombies are the hottest thing out the area atm, to me.

IrishNinja

everytime big boi's "lemme see ya titties" or whatever it's called comes on, i see shinibo's avatar
so now i gotta ask who that is B

Being from the west, you always hear of NYC as this mecca of music, place of rampant diversity. You saying it's not is popping my bubble, fam.

Flatbush Zombies are the hottest thing out the area atm, to me.

When it comes to music, NYC is popping, especially in Brooklyn. But for Hip-Hop, is going through a change right now. And also, some NYC rappers, or groups(Beatnuts for example) went to Europe instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom