• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

I can already tell I'm gonna be MIA this winter break. Working 8 hour shifts next 4 days in a row. Keep me in your thoughts Gaf-hop.

PBY

Banned
Also- Ace, you ever considered putting your mixes on Livemixtapes or Clubmixtapes.com? Particularly clubmixtapes, they have alot of continuous mixes (although they also make u split em up into tracks); not sure how that process goes though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
l1yyo.png
Yo I love it but I do one favor if it's not too much put the two next to ignorant shit and would love it to look look like it spray in red

Think that would be hot
https://soundcloud.com/flightmuzik/trilluminati-mix-vol-1

Soundcloud link to the mix (its a lot of trap/electro with some hip hop, not trying to drive in Ace's lane)
Do what you do I learn from other DJs

Technically tight mix man. Do you spin at any clubs? Got your sound issues sorted too. Nice.

I'm still amazed I can get through these without shooting myself. lol.

Still love the ganja horns.

I spin every weekend

Got into a huge event for new years

Thanks

You like as number 2?

Blackace

Also- Ace, you ever considered putting your mixes on Livemixtapes or Clubmixtapes.com? Particularly clubmixtapes, they have alot of continuous mixes (although they also make u split em up into tracks); not sure how that process goes though.
My datpiff mix is split

So ignorant shit can go up anywhere

PBY

Banned
My datpiff mix is split

So ignorant shit can go up anywhere

If I were you I'd put it up there. Flood the internets w/ the Ignant. And yeah, its my first mix, but a lot of the transitions were the type I tried to emulate from you.

Also- its just my first mix so I kept it relatively simple. For my next one, I wanna start adding synths and drums and samples over the tracks. We'll see how that goes.

Blackace

If I were you I'd put it up there. Flood the internets w/ the Ignant. And yeah, its my first mix, but a lot of the transitions were the type I tried to emulate from you.

Also- its just my first mix so I kept it relatively simple. For my next one, I wanna start adding synths and drums and samples over the tracks. We'll see how that goes.

One thing with the more electro stuff like my pop mixes is looping basslines or snares like a techno DJ

And having someone emulate you awesome way better than someone stealing your mixes like some of these dudes out here

PBY

Banned
One thing with the more electro stuff like my pop mixes is looping basslines or snares like a techno DJ

And having someone emulate you awesome way better than someone stealing your mixes like some of these dudes out here

Is this a thing? Jesus.

Blackace

Yeah its a good followup. Its a little more polished sound wise, so it makes a nice progression in the series.

Good luck on NYE.

I do better in the 60 through 80 BPM range than the 95 through 100 for some reason

But I like spinning the 100 stuff

Macca

Yo I love it but I do one favor if it's not too much put the two next to ignorant shit and would love it to look look like it spray in red
I'll try it out. I had it like that at first, just couldn't get it to look right. But I'll give it a few more shots.

Blackace

I'll try it out. I had it like that at first, just couldn't get it to look right. But I'll give it a few more shots.

At least give the 2 color that way they will know:->

iavi

Am I crazy for wanting Rocky to sing more? It's shitty in that Thom Yorke endearing kind of way.

I was whistling the chorus to Long. Live all day.

overcast

Am I crazy for wanting Rocky to sing more? It's shitty in that Thom Yorke endearing kind of way.

I was whistling the chorus to Long. Live all day.
Nope, I like it if it's done correctly. Fucking awful on Fashion Killa.. Think I still like Live Love more. I appreciate that they are different sounding albums though. Just hope he sells at least 100k first week.

iavi

Shits so dope

Nope, I like it if it's done correctly. Fucking awful on Fashion Killa.. Think I still like Live Love more. I appreciate that they are different sounding albums though. Just hope he sells at least 100k first week.

Yeah, between artist like Rocky and The Weeknd, I'm beginning to see how much effective song structure plays such an oftly forgotten, but ridiculously important part of the whole package.

Neither of them can sing well, but they know how to assemble tracks around their voices. I can get behind that.

hell no, hi singing almost ruins that song

ah hell no lol

If I'm going to be honest I have to say I didn't like ignorant 31 as much as the last couple.
Or rather, I didn't like the opening, like I thought it picked up rather late when usually I'm pretty pumped after like 6 minutes. Can't wait for the next one though!

And peter I liked yours too, nice to hear something a bit different.

PBY

Banned
If I'm going to be honest I have to say I didn't like ignorant 31 as much as the last couple.
Or rather, I didn't like the opening, like I thought it picked up rather late when usually I'm pretty pumped after like 6 minutes. Can't wait for the next one though!

Damn, thanks for listening. I'm not kidding when I say I really, really appreciate it. As far as being different, I'm gonna keep making mixes, but I'd really like to keep em very different from Aces, his shit is so on point it would be redundant for me to try to do that, especially when his are untouchable.

Also, a dope tape I been banging for a while now:
Would post the cover but its NSFWish. Dem beats.
http://www.prefixmag.com/media/wonda/the-naked-girl-from-the-internet-mixtape/71541/

Blackace

oh shit really?? That's disheartening..

Peter's shit dope

Macca

I was thinking something like that?

That other font looks ok too.

Also, I liked the first half of 31 more than the second haha, I thought it started really damn strong. Should've bumped black and yellow for a bit longer tho haha!

Also, I liked the first half of 31 more than the second haha, I thought it started really damn strong. Should've bumped black and yellow for a bit longer tho haha!

haha right around 23 minutes when hard in the paint starts is when things really get going for me.

Blackace

I can take it back to the drawing board

Both fonts are ok with me

Yeah, between artist like Rocky and The Weeknd, I'm beginning to see how much effective song structure plays such an oftly forgotten, but ridiculously important part of the whole package.

Neither of them can sing well, but they know how to assemble tracks around their voices. I can get behind that.

Did you just say The Weeknd can't sing well? WHAT?!

And I like Rocky's singing on Demons and PMW. More like that please, less shit like LongLiveASAP and Fashion Killa

Blackace

Do think 31 is good enough to put up? Or should I hit the lab again??

PBY

Banned
^I don't know what ppl are talking about, second half is fine imho, but the first half is amazing, like top 5 mix-tier.

Meant to post this suggestion for the podcast- not sure if yall have heard the giantbombcast's end of the year stuff... but they basically hammer out a top 10 list among themselves on air. I think itd be awesome to hear this, of course understanding that it wouldn't reflect gaf-hop's top 10 overall.

Blackace

^I don't know what ppl are talking about, second half is fine imho, but the first half is amazing, like top 5 mix-tier.

Meant to post this suggestion for the podcast- not sure if yall have heard the giantbombcast's end of the year stuff... but they basically hammer out a top 10 list among themselves on air. I think itd be awesome to hear this, of course understanding that it wouldn't reflect gaf-hop's top 10 overall.

Just curious... I view the datpiff mixes as a reflection of the people supporting as a whole. I know not everyone likes everything I do.. but you guys have supported me so much.. So I want to put out the top tier stuff..

I wouldn't mind that suggestion.. sounds fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom