• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Not sure if you're into it Ace, but I thought new generation type mix would be cool. TDE, ASAP, Danny, etc. But themes may clash.

CRS

So would Danny be considered new school just because his popularity is at its peak so far?

I don't think he should be. He's practically in the same boat as 2 Chainz in that aspect.

IrishNinja

damn, missed that east coast shit on plug...i need a playlist of that boom-bap shit, that def squad in ya area followed by some jeru me or the papes type shit, nahmean

Someone in the other thread asked if Aesop Rock and A$AP Rocky were the same person.....

you mean they aren't

So would Danny be considered new school just because his popularity is at its peak so far?

I don't think he should be. He's practically in the same boat as 2 Chainz in that aspect.

Well neither should kendrick then.

Edit: I'm assuming you mean because Danny has been rapping for awhile, but really quite a few of these "new school" rappers have been doing their thing for quite some time.

iavi

Fuck, Rocky kills Jodeye. That beats dirty as fuck. It'd murder a many other cats if they tried to take it. He handles it. I'm impressed.

This album is actually growing on me more as I listen. And I already liked it a lot.

Did you just say
The Weeknd can't sing well? WHAT?!

And I like Rocky's singing on Demons and PMW. More like that please, less shit like LongLiveASAP and Fashion Killa

Heah , Abel boy can't sing. I love dude but his talent isn't there. Just look at the live vids

I actually passed on his show in SF cause I'd rather just maintain the illusion.

4hNuO.gif

straight dopenesss

LOL...wtf is this from

PBY

Banned
Kendrick killed it? Cool. I saw him this past summer at a Hip Hop festival, and he did his thing, but it wasn't one of my favorite performances, mostly because he couldn't get the crowd into. Wonder if that has changed post-GKMC release now that hes blown up considerably.

//B1G

Banned
I've only had the chance to listen to your Memphis mix Ace but that shit was hecka dope and I hope one day you'll do a Pat version. Lawd knows he's got enough material.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I've only had the chance to listen to your Memphis mix Ace but that shit was hecka dope and I hope one day you'll do a Pat version. Lawd knows he's got enough material.
You say no to ratchet pu**y a-c-e can't

On a repeated listen (at full volume) Ignorant 31 is probably one of my favourites yet Ace.

However, there's a sort of lull in the middle (from Stay Schemin' to Clique) which I kinda lost interest with until Black and Yellow/I Did it for My Dawgs brought me back.

I like the songs you used in that middle run but I dunno, they just lose hype with me because they're not as bombastic as the previous and following tracks. Ending with Still Fly was nice though. It calmed the trap-addict within.

PBY

Banned
Nice! Only thing I could say 15mins is it could do with some instrumentals to break up the vocal after vocal but thats about it. Something like Baauer/TGNHT or something.
This is coming from someone who only listens to dance music mixes though.

This miiight be what youre looking for, just a mix I made- has a few trap remixes and some TNGHT, Purity Ring mixed with regular rap. Transitions aren't Ace-tier tho.

https://soundcloud.com/flightmuzik/trilluminati-mix-vol-1

PBY

Banned
If you give me a direct link to DL it I can check it out (SC blocked at work).

Not saying I dont like it or anything like that, just that Im not used to vocal>vocal>vocal in a mix and that breaking up the mix abit might give the banger songs more impact.

This is a good example of what I mean.
http://thisisluckyme.com/mixtapes/106-lunice-diplo-friends-mixtape/

Theres alot of tunes im going to rob out of this when I see the tracklist haha.

That is definitely a dope mix; Lunice (with Hudmo) live was so epic.

Heres mine:
http://www.sharebeast.com/mijrw51n9jjd

And I don't know if you've listened to Been Trill, but they're a collective of DJs associated w/ Kanye and their stuff is pretty good too. They have 2 mixes, u can find them in the OP of this thread:
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=231981.0

T Dollarz

Can't remember who was giving me shit for not having seen Office Space, but I watched it 2 nights ago. Thought it was greaaaaat. Loved the use of gangsta rap when they were in "fuck it" mode lol

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Good rap songs were the rapper stops to get his breath then goes hard when the beat starts again ?

I know busta does this in some tracks but I'm looking for some more.

thabiz

Nice! Only thing I could say 15mins is it could do with some instrumentals to break up the vocal after vocal but thats about it. Something like Baauer/TGNHT or something.
This is coming from someone who only listens to dance music mixes though.

Then it wouldnt be a straight up ignorant mix. It would just be a mix.

Think of it this way. Their so ignorant they dont know when to shut up.

IrishNinja

Good rap songs were the rapper stops to get his breath then goes hard when the beat starts again ?

I know busta does this in some tracks but I'm looking for some more.

off the top of my head: nearly every biggie and pun verse, many by method man too but he's got like a condition

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
man fuck djs who can't even transition from one song to another without it sounding like two cows fucking each other on top of a broken industrial strength meat grinder. how so you fuck up Gangnam style into lmfao? you have to be incompetent as fuck at your job.

siddx

unless the clubs your going to feature a bunch of dipshits sitting around smoking pipes and discussing the lack of jazz influences on modern rap while trying not to get permanently buried on each other's condescending asscracks I don't see what's so suprising about either of those artists being a feature in a Dj's setlist. A Dj's job isn't to get your specific approval about his or her setlist, its to make people dance and enjoy themsleves.

unless the clubs your going to feature a bunch of dipshits sitting around smoking pipes and discussing the lack of jazz influences on modern rap while trying not to get permanently buried on each other's condescending asscracks I don't see what's so suprising about either of those artists being a feature in a Dj's setlist. A Dj's job isn't to get your specific approval about his or her setlist, its to make people dance and enjoy themsleves.

Haha You seem to have taken offense to that comment. hahaha this has cracked up bigtime actually. Ill go back to my asscrack now.

IrishNinja

unless the clubs your going to feature a bunch of dipshits sitting around smoking pipes and discussing the lack of jazz influences on modern rap while trying not to get permanently buried on each other's condescending asscracks

man i want to go to like every club you describe somedays

siddx

Haha You seem to have taken offense to that comment. hahaha this has cracked up bigtime actually. Ill go back to my asscrack now.

considering blackace is known to use both artists in his sets when he plays at clubs, yeah I take offense to the implication that playing such music is worth questioning a Dj's credibility. You'll find we are rather loyal in this motherfucker.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
considering blackace is known to use both artists in his sets when he plays at clubs, yeah I take offense to the implication that playing such music is worth questioning a Dj's credibility. You'll find we are rather loyal in this motherfucker.

Ayo, chill LMX. Chill. It's Christmas in this motherfucker.

siddx

man i want to go to like every club you describe somedays

a club isn't worth shit unless a significant portion of the females in the club end up naked somewhere by the end of the night. Not that I know anything about that these days, I'm too old these days to care where these tricks end up. Picking up women has zero appeal to me anymore.

I just found being shocked that someone clanging some top 40 music during their set to be pretty funny.
Obviously there are Dj's out there that take pride in what they do but theres far more out there happy to play the crossfade all night, cant win them all!
I dont play out either so I dont know the pressure involved in having to play stuff like that to crowd please.

coldvein

Banned
Someone in the other thread asked if Aesop Rock and A$AP Rocky were the same person.....

wellllll ... the names are strikingly similar. i read about a$ap on the internet (right in this thread in fact!) long before i ever heard anyone say his name.. if i had just heard it in passing at the time i'm sure i would've been like "no, you mean aesop rock, you idiot."

i've had to explain to more than one person that they're different names. "no, this one is like ASAP.. yeah, there's a dollar sign instead of the S .. i know.. i know.."

siddx

It'd probably be an improvement on how the site currently looks.

I don't know I'm white as fuck. it would just look like an albino sea cucumber that shat out it's guts attached to a a clear bag of apricots that was left in the sun too long. And my dick isnt small enough to be cute and amusing or big enough to be impressive and awe inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom