• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nobody's worried, sea cucumber. Stay in Vietnam where that thing impresses the local working boys.

my sea cucumber may be limp and sickly but it will still haunt your dreams. It looks like a dead maggot buried in some dirt and fertilizer but it hits like a live baboobs rageful penis.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm so fucking drunk.I don't even know wjat I'm saying anymore so I'm just going to beat the sea cucumber and go to bed.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
my sea cucumber may be limp and sickly but it will still haunt your dreams. It looks like a dead maggot buried in some dirt and fertilizer but it hits like a live baboobs rageful penis.

A maggoty sea cucumber. No wonder you keep trying to wife strippers. They're the only ones with the gag reflex strong enough.

I'm so fucking drunk.I don't even know wjat I'm saying anymore so I'm just going to beat the sea cucumber and go to bed.

lol...I wish I could be drunk right now. Sigh.

thabiz

Speaking of Keef, someones in some hot water.

From HipHopDX

Whether it's Hip Hop listeners or his fellow Chi-Town emcees, Interscope rapper Chief Keef has been earning some critical disapproval from many members of the industry. Now, however, one blogger has taken his complaints too far by calling Keef's music "a minstrel show."

According to a recent report HipHopWired, Edward McClelland, a Caucasian blogger for Chicago NBC 5, recently attacked Chief Keef and the drill music scene in a blog, calling it "a minstrel show." He said that the shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School last week moved him to decry the 17-year-old rapper for his violent lyrics.

"[F]rom what I've heard of it, is pretty lunkheaded: simplistic rhymes, primitive beats. But it's also a window into the world that has made Chicago the murder capital of America, and that piqued my curiosity," wrote McClelland. "Since last week's murders at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, though, I haven't had the stomach for any violent entertainment…I also don't want to pay $14 for the minstrel show of listening to a real live South Side thug. I don't want to support a scene that makes gangbanging a resume builder for music success."

so apparently theres a pic somewhere on twitter of trey songz kissing another guy.

donno if true or not but i wouldnt be surprised if he was gay on the downlow lols

CRS

So as long as they're not about that life, it's okay?

How is it any close to a minstrel show? They were the most popular form of entertainment at one time.
so apparently theres a pic somewhere on twitter of trey songz kissing another guy.

donno if true or not but i wouldnt be surprised if he was gay on the downlow lols
Okay?

thabiz

Is he trying to say that Keef is white, playing to a black audience or the reverse?

It makes no sense to use the term minstrel show. It has no relation to his quote on Keef's music.

Or is it along the lines of the fact thats hes stupid. He should have used a different term. He brought a race term into a statement on the intelligence of his music. Most are going to think blackface when they hear that term, and not the social commentary behind it.

PBY

Banned
You know- I actually totally see the minstrel show complaint being valid in some world where keef was exploited by old rich white dudes who basically made him put out violent Chicago gang stereotypes just to sell records to white ppl looking for commercialized black stereotypes of violence. But I don't think that applies here because finally rich, if anything, seems pretty honest to me like shinobi put it.

CRS

The blogger thinks that Keef is a parody of a thug or gangster is my only guess. Not really finding anything to call it a minstrel show. He probably needed a controversial form of media to compare it to and it was the first thing that came to his mind.

PBY

Banned
The blogger thinks that Keef is a parody of a thug or gangster is my only guess. Not really finding anything.
I agree. It's just astounding that he glances upon a realistic race argument and somehow ends up sounding incredibly uninformed and racially insensitive himself.

PBY

Banned
I guess. Poor choice of words on his part.
I actually think there can be a similar argument made (and it's not a novel argument) about entertainment industries like hip hop and certain sports at large where the majority of owners/financiers are white and the large majority of entertainers are black- here the exploitation issue can be (and I'm sure are in many situations) very real.

CRS

Because he's hinting at white, rich studio execs exploiting a racial stereotype.
Calling Keef a puppet would be the perfect choice of words if that was the case (execs exploiting Keef).

The execs performing the material themselves would be the only way minstrel show would be correct. Also, if the execs claiming that the music is true to African-American Music and culture.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Because he's hinting at white, rich studio execs exploiting a racial stereotype.

This is levied at any black entertainer that isn't 100 percent dignified at all times. Acting the fool is only okay if you're white. If not, minstrel show! Sam Jackson and Cosby wouldn't rap about silly shit! Stop embarrassing me black people!

Etc. It's fucking stupid.

I understand his point about minstrel shows though I don't know if I agree. Basically the idea that Keef is so ignorant, so stereotypically ridiculous that he is just a joke for attention, mainly from whites. My problem is that I don't think Keef is fake, he is very real and speaks to an ignorance that actually exists. I'd have no problem calling the guys who did that Laffy Taffy song a minstrel show for instance

Iovinne agreed to sign Keef because his son was listening to I Don't Like. Iovinne has spent decades signing people who appeal to white people by being super gangsters but this is one of the first times he signed someone with almost no talent or ability to rap, and the most ignorant person in rap - who is also actually a real gangster. Keef can't read, he seems to have some type of social disability, and he can't rap. And outside of giving him YouTube views apparently white people aren't checking for him. It's kind of sad tbh

PBY

Banned
This is levied at any black entertainer that isn't 100 percent dignified at all times. Acting the fool is only okay if you're white. If not, minstrel show! Sam Jackson and Cosby wouldn't rap about silly shit! Stop embarrassing me black people!

Etc. It's fucking stupid.
I agree with you to some extent, but what I was referring to- which the blogger totally whiffs on- are cases where the fool image you speak of is forced on entertainers by their bosses to create a certain stereotypical image to sell to certain demographics.

PD, completely agree w u.

CRS

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...-Reason-I-Dont-Like-Chief-Keef-184112081.html

Here is the actual blog post he made.

After reading that "minstrel show" is the wrong choice. He validates Keef's authenticity in the article. He straight up says that hes speaking about the Chicago street life.

There’s another strain that attempts to carry on the socially conscious tradition of Kanye West, Common and Lupe Fiasco.

Someone's living in the past. I do agree with the gun glorification complaint though, with Bioshock Infinite's cover being the latest example.

PBY

Banned
Someone's living in the past. I do agree with the gun glorification complaint though, with Bioshock Infinite's cover being the latest example.
Yeah he does raise some good points- points might I add that gaf hoppers have made, re his intelligence, subject matter etc. He's just misguided.

thabiz

But its never going to go away. And linking Keef to the shooting was in poor choice. He should have just spoke on culture as a whole, rather than singling Keef out. Its like its two separate articles combined.

PBY

Banned
But its never going to go away. And linking Keef to the shooting was in poor choice. He should have just spoke on culture as a whole, rather than singling Keef out. Its like its two separate articles combined.
Ehhh that's a pessimistic view. A few years ago I might have thought that about homophobia in rap. Agree with the first point.

thabiz

Ehhh that's a pessimistic view. A few years ago I might have thought that about homophobia in rap. Agree with the first point.

It might be pessimistic, but its the truth. You really think this shooting is going to change everything in American culture. Its unfortunate, but sex, guns, and violence sells.

I will be shocked if this shooting is still spoken about 6 months from now. Like Virginia Tech, it will only be brought up the next time a mass shooting occurs.

CRS

I agree as well. It's a shame.

I was just agreeing with the glorification comment/complaint he made.

HiResDes

HOLOGRAM PANDA BITCHES!!

VxYUu.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Random ass question. Does album art need to be in any particular dimensions for Itunes? I googled around and answers are either yes and sometimes no. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom