• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo real talk I had Five Guys for the first time a few days ago and by the time I found my burger I was full from downing like 3 potatoes worth of fries. Skinny brothas beware, its a trap.

HiResDes

The switch around on Bronson that some of you have done is crazy after one fairly divisive project. Bronson does the dark aggressive east-coast boom bap shit better than he does the super soulful mid-tempo affair, though Fraud's cloud-rap stuff is a notable exception. He's also a feature killer. And while I no longer think quite as highly of Rare Chandeliers as I did when it first came out, I still think there are like 5 or 6 bangers on it. He's like the weed-rap version of MF DOOM. Still I think Bronson's discography is already pretty amazing, just look at all of these ill features (yes just wanted a chance to share this list)

Long Bill
Offensive Lines
Hot Shots Part Deux
Meteor Hammer
Up Top Game
Black Rain
Jordan Vs. Bird
Turnbuckle Music
Yo What's Good New York
Riggs & Murtaugh
MARS
Thousand Dollar Gym Shoes
Special Effects
Roadhouse

ecurbj

Yeah. I agree Enzo. I was there a few months ago and got a veggie sandwich and got those fries too. As soon as I tasted those fries I just kept going and going. By the time I got to my veggie burger it was over.

Full as a whistle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Word?

Only copped Rare, and I dug it. Now to seek out the rest.
Well Done was my favourite. Dr. Lecter is really good too, and Blue Chips is okay.

All his albums have slightly diff. sounds because of the producers he chooses to work with but I think Rare Chandeliers is the most deviant of the bunch from the rest.

Esch

Banned
rare is the best bronson project. quite frankly i dont understand the hate especially since its free. well i understand it coming from the hip hop grandpas but not the rest of you

Kwixotik

I'll accept that someone doesn't particularly like Action Bronson, but I can't comprehend how anyone would actively dislike him.

Also, I'm looking for some more chill shit, along the lines of Madvillainy or Give Me My Flowers.

Kwixotik

You didn't fuck with Duality?

I haven't listened to it yet. Just downloaded it yesterday after I saw the Q4 thread. I'll get back to you on that lol.

Edit: What's up with all the repeated tracks with different times though? Is that intentional or is the download just shitty?

HiResDes

Duality as in captain murphy? Thats about as far away from chilled as you can probably get haha

Not naw for a trill ass homie like me, it's dark for sure, but chill overall...I go to sleep listening to much darker things

I haven't listened to it yet. Just downloaded it yesterday after I saw the Q4 thread. I'll get back to you on that lol.

Edit: What's up with all the repeated tracks with different times though? Is that intentional or is the download just shitty?

Instrumentals I believe. Seriously though I think it's an essential 2012 rap album. Get to it.

Edit 2: So glad I'm about to go out soon, it's a ghost town here.

overcast

Danny kills every goddamn feature. Played back his 1Train feature like 5 times today. Have to listen to Duality, had it downloaded for a few weeks.

What ever happened to J.Cole, dude has no hype for his next album and he isn't putting shit out.

HiResDes

I didn't say there weren't any guys, but it's not as if every decent rapper can or has to...And you guys are just naming my favorite rappers anyway.

overcast

Oh definitely not. I didn't really respond to that, just mentioned somebody who could lol. I think Bronson has his own thing going, and to me it works really well.

Esch

Banned
Come back to the ignorant room dudes.

shit is ratchet AF right now
wow.png

CRS

Between Friends is the definition of chill. Probably my cut of the year.

There should be a Between GAF-Hop posse cut. We already have an official instrumental.

DominoKid

Danny kills every goddamn feature. Played back his 1Train feature like 5 times today. Have to listen to Duality, had it downloaded for a few weeks.

What ever happened to J.Cole, dude has no hype for his next album and he isn't putting shit out.

gearing up for a new mixtape release i think.

VVV i have to be in the right mood for Wild For The Night. sometimes it gives me a headache and sometimes i turn the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom