• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

I think that Pro Era mixtape is really nice. When are they coming out with an album? 1999 was really popular, this one seems to be pretty hyped, and Joey Bad has had verses on some tracks with mainstream rappers. Is it just a matter of them signing with a major record label, because they may burn through a lot of their best material before they even make a cent off their records.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Man,

I'm pretty sure blackace's website site is busted, atleast on chrome.

It's undergoing some maintenance right now as it gets a big redesign. Unfortunately Macca had other obligations and had to pause for a second in the middle which is why it looks that way.

Naw, I think you forgot 9-24-11 off Blue Chips
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qNx8m40AI2o

That's #2 for me, both are stunning songs to me with crazy beat transitions and dope lines. I really like Thug Love Story tho because it's one of the few tracks that gives you a glimpse of Action Bronson beyond the comedic image he has created for himself. That song is coming straight from his heart, shit is dope

call the cops said I beat her face
beat the case now I shiver at a warm embrace
wowpn.png

cacophony

^^ yo this Darq E Freaker ft danny brown song goes.. checked it out cause of your list. can someone recommend me more shit like this. hype, grime shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda OT but thanks to whoever posted that Elijah Blake EP. It's amazing. Look forward to checking out more from the dude. In that XOX phase right now though, song is bad for my health but so good.

siddx

fuck all this hippity hop shit, I've got some aloo tikki, chicken pakora, masala naan, and some butter chicken on the way. Eatin'.

^^ yo this Darq E Freaker ft danny brown song goes.. checked it out cause of your list. can someone recommend me more shit like this. hype, grime shit

Its pretty hard as that song is like a hybrid of two genres (grime/hiphop).

Check out Wiley (eskimo boy) as he pretty much created grime,Roll Deep and Dizze Rascal.
Some songs off the top of my head ..Ghets- Artillery, Tempa T- Next Hype, The Bug FT Flowdan-Skeng, Skepta- king of grime, d double e- street fighting rythem and Bad 2 da bone.

Pretty sure I linked a bunch of stuff but its probably 10 pages back at the rate this thread moves.

Edit: found it

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The switch around on Bronson that some of you have done is crazy after one fairly divisive project. Bronson does the dark aggressive east-coast boom bap shit better than he does the super soulful mid-tempo affair, though Fraud's cloud-rap stuff is a notable exception. He's also a feature killer. And while I no longer think quite as highly of Rare Chandeliers as I did when it first came out, I still think there are like 5 or 6 bangers on it. He's like the weed-rap version of MF DOOM. Still I think Bronson's discography is already pretty amazing, just look at all of these ill features (yes just wanted a chance to share this list)

I disagree with you I think he better on the smooth shit cause it acts as a decent counter to all the aggressive lyrics he spits. I like Rare Chandeliers but I would prefer Bronson added some smooth studie beats on his next projects just for the switch up.

Also Pusha did his thing... That wasn't really an Ether like Miss info was hyping it but what he said about drake was a lot worse but he did shoot some real shots at Lil Wayne and Baby.

cacophony

Its pretty hard as that song is like a hybrid of two genres (grime/hiphop).

Check out Wiley (eskimo boy) as he pretty much created grime,Roll Deep and Dizze Rascal.
Some songs off the top of my head ..Ghets- Artillery, Tempa T- Next Hype, The Bug FT Flowdan-Skeng, Skepta- king of grime, d double e- street fighting rythem and Bad 2 da bone.

Pretty sure I linked a bunch of stuff but its probably 10 pages back at the rate this thread moves.

Edit: found it

awesome, thanks

DominoKid

just saw the LLA video...i forget what label Rocky is on but the need to get the videos for Fashion Killa and WFTN cracking ASAP if they expect a decent number from him.

siddx

This bar is playing Ross's sixteen. You know I think I'd like this song way more if I could believe Ross has anything to say that can't be contained in 16 bars. Or 8.....or 2.

DominoKid

the only problem w/ that song is andre's struggle ass guitar solo.

you'd think after damn near 10 years he'd be able to crank out something better than that shit.

Esch

Banned
Sixteen aint even a banger either. I'm happy everyone collectively threw GFiD in the bushes cause that shit is jus straight up boring in retrospect. Meek won.

MMG is in kind of a weird place lol. What exactly do they do? They get enough play on the streets, and weirdly enough some of the 'core' hip hop group likes them a lot. The rest are pretty much shitting on them. So do they go forward and try and be as commercial as possible? Maybe, but the only one who seems to be able to do that is Wale as far as making a presence outside the genre. Do they cut the fat (Omarion, Stalley) and pick up new talent? Do they just go full trap? I dont know if thats a good idea seeing as how sales from that shit seems to be pretty low going by FWS on trap stuff. So what do they do? They gotta do something, cause they're kinda getting stale even to the fans.

sign Nas?

siddx

Naw I'm sorry, its like if Ross made a song about how to stay fit and eat right. Nobody in their right mind believes Ross could give diet tips and nobody in their right mind believes he needs more than 16 bars to talk about fucking make believe women in his car while his make believe goons sell make believe drugs and make believe kill make believe enemies. I don't mind that kind of fantasy rap at all, its entertainment after all. But don't front like you have some deep message to give us that you can't condense into two bars.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixteen aint even a banger either. I'm happy everyone collectively threw GFiD in the bushes cause that shit is jus straight up boring in retrospect. Meek won.

MMG is in kind of a weird place lol. What exactly do they do? They get enough play on the streets, and weirdly enough some of the 'core' hip hop group likes them a lot. The rest are pretty much shitting on them. So do they go forward and try and be as commercial as possible? Maybe, but the only one who seems to be able to do that is Wale as far as making a presence outside the genre. Do they cut the fat (Omarion, Stalley) and pick up new talent? Do they just go full trap? I dont know if thats a good idea seeing as how sales from that shit seems to be pretty low going by FWS on trap stuff. So what do they do? They gotta do something, cause they're kinda getting stale even to the fans.

sign Nas?
I would say Meeks success doesn't point to things getting stale for fans, especially when people still love songs like Believe It. They don't need the trap niche if they're doing equivalent numbers.

I think GFID was the attempt to deviate, but it was caught in this weird middling sound that didn't work for anyone. IMO the only problem for them right now is the songs they're making are not as good, not the production/sound specifically. And that's still mostly talking about Ross.

siddx

MMG is a group of artists that I just don't give a fuck about outside of singles. I will download the next meek or Ross single in a heartbeat and likely enjoy the fuck out of it, but I give very few fucks about any full length album from anyone in the label.

Esch

Banned
I would say Meeks success doesn't point to things getting stale for fans, especially when people still love songs like Believe It. They don't need the trap niche if they're doing equivalent numbers.

I think GFID was the attempt to deviate, but it was caught in this weird middling sound that didn't work for anyone. IMO the only problem for them right now is the songs they're making are not as good, not the production/sound specifically. And that's still mostly talking about Ross.

Yeah to be honest the whole time I was talking about MMG i pretty much meant Ross specifically
pachah1.png
everyone else seems to be doing fine.

They should definitely try to branch out and get some different sounds going tho

siddx

Ross is already getting stale to me. which is a shame because I remember listening to BMF and mc hammer like 15 times in a row each. Ross was my go to ignorant rapper and now I can barely listen to an entire song from him. Believe it is awesome but largely due to the hook.

sign Nas?

Isn't MMG getting sold to Atlandtic in part due to poor sales? They spend money like they're Young Money, but only Wale got close to plat lol. GFID has to be considered a disappointment commercially after Teflon Don, which will probably be his peak.

Meek's album wasn't bad but it flopped outside of the first week. I remember people saying he was gonna do big numbers, was hot in the game etc. 320k isn't bad in 2012 but IMO given the budget it's not healthy. Oh and MMG had to cancel their tout which lost even more money

siddx

I was under the impression that Ross made serious money thanks to stuff like touring. But I doubt the parent label sees much if any of that cash so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom