• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
It was definitely a good first run. Took all of us some time to get into. I could definitely do a better job of starting and ending shit, and the audio quality is just OK (perfectly decipherable, but not as high as i'd like. Me and blackace need new mics or something :lol). But overall the discussion was good for some pretty much stock topics. I'm hype to do more and I hope we can bring in a bunch of different people for various episodes. It was fun as hell. Whole thing is a little over 2 hours.

processing now

pacspit.gif

Esch

Banned
I was lying about that 48 minutes shit. Here it is:

GAF-Hop Verses #1: 2012 In Review

Featuring: Eschaton, HiResDes, Tguy, WanderingWind, Siddx, Blackace

1. The Return of Nas 0:00:00
2. Molly and Hip Hop 0:14:00
3. Industry Plants -:--:--
4. Memorable Hooks 0:26:00
5. Dominance of Trap Production 0: 46:00
6. THE Underground Emcee to Watch? 0:54:00
7. New New York 1:18:00
8. New New West 1:49:00

Download/listen here
GAF-HOP VERSES #1

i8mBaElEol2Jd.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It was definitely a good first run. Took all of us some time to get into. I could definitely do a better job of starting and ending shit, and the audio quality is just OK (perfectly decipherable, but not as high as i'd like. Me and blackace need new mics or something :lol). But overall the discussion was good for some pretty much stock topics. I'm hype to do more and I hope we can bring in a bunch of different people for various episodes. It was fun as hell. Whole thing is a little over 2 hours.

Podomatic is telling me that it'll take ~48 minutes for them to Process the first episode of the cast.

pacspit.gif
so who won, jay or nas?

Will listen tomorrow when I head straight to the bank with this ahawhawhawhaw

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I had a lot of fun, even just listening to everyone else talk. Thanks esc for taking control and getting it all set up and thanks to everyone involved.

and next time I'm gonna try to wake up sooner than 5 minutes before we start so I.can be more mentally coherent.

PBY

Banned
I had a lot of fun, even just listening to everyone else talk. Thanks esc for taking control and getting it all set up and thanks to everyone involved.

Esc is a pretty great host, keeps shit moving. I can feel the chemistry getting better as it goes on, this is good stuff.

siddx

Esc is a pretty great host, keeps shit moving. I can feel the chemistry getting better as it goes on, this is good stuff.

Yeah I think the second one is going to be ridiculous since we all feel a bit more comfortable with it now.

Esch

Banned

Thanks mane. I expected it to get smoother and smoother as we got into the pace of it. The next one should be even better in that regard as me or whoever else who hosts it chooses to move it forward. You'll see that we end up spending more time per topic as we go along, because after a while the structure of the cast loosens up and people just start chatting.

Also Tguy sounds like snoop dogg. Shit kills me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo I cracked and started listening anyways, but like every other podcast I listen to that isn't 1up Yours of Bombcast, I have no idea who is who 5 mins in, but if this is a regular thing I think I'll get to know who is who.

CRS

I really do need to listen to Life is Good. >_>

Great shit you guys. We need someone here to produce an intro and outro theme.

Should have came in with GAF is som Appalled.

Esch

Banned
Yall should do an AOTY one.

We pretty much talk about that in the last 5 minutes. I don't feel obliged to do one as there is plenty of 2012 talk in there.... I think the next one wil look something like this:

Intro: AOTY thread talk (if up)

1. LiveLoveA$AP review
2. Chief Keef review/retrospective
3. Gun Violence and Hip Hop
4. Female Emcees in 2013
5. Projects in 2013 to look forward to
6-10. Open

And like I said before any reg can participate. I'm basically just not letting more than 6 people on the cast at a time. So ask me in advance. I'll ask every week a couple of times who wants to be on and then go from there.

Also i'll make the thread tomorrow when most US people are awake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PD gets stannery exposed in first 15 minutes. I like this already.

The Nas discussion is surprisingly good too. Ima post proper impressions in the separate thread.

siddx

Is it just me or is someones mic not recording their voice? We get blank spots sometimes where it sounds like someone should be talking.

CRS

Is it just me or is someones mic not recording their voice? We get blank spots sometimes where it sounds like someone should be talking.
I thought it was lag?

I've been hearing Esch, Ace, Wind, and I think you in the first few minutes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noticed this too, someone replied to what seemed like something that wasn't recorded, but it seems like it was only once that happened.

Also, I'm sad there's wasn't a collective WOOH when someone said popped a molly I'm sweatin'.

Esch

Banned

Think that might be mine and blackaces. i need to just set my mic on something instead of letting it dangle (pause) like it was this time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Going to buy a new mic... Lost mine throughout my moves..

siddx

I thought it was lag?

I've been hearing Esch, Ace, Wind, and I think you in the first few minutes.

I started slow because i was still half asleep and sober. The more awake and intoxicated I got the more I chimed in.

Esch

Banned
You're right about needing an intro song. I've been trying to think of a song that sums up gaf hop.

I was thinking about playing the intro part of the triumph instrumental before we start.

Listening now. Sounds good guys :)

I can't really tell the difference between everyone's voice. I just know that Tguy has the Texan accent. haha

siddx

Next time im definitely going to try to get my mic working so I don't have to go through the laptop built in mic.

Yeah and next time maybe a slightly longer "intro" for each person so listeners can identify voices better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You're right about needing an intro song. I've been trying to think of a song that sums up gaf hop.

I was thinking about playing the intro part of the triumph instrumental before we start.
It has to be from a song/artist/album of utmost disagreement on GAF.

Esch

Banned
damn. Next time gonna have to focus on not cutting into peoples shit. I should have a decent mic/headphone pair next time tho so i wont have to.

Edit: This program delayed my audio a little bit. Maybe its the mic. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom