• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
We pretty much talk about that in the last 5 minutes. I don't feel obliged to do one as there is plenty of 2012 talk in there.... I think the next one wil look something like this:

Intro: AOTY thread talk (if up)

1. LiveLoveA$AP review
2. Chief Keef review/retrospective
3. Gun Violence and Hip Hop
4. Female Emcees in 2013
5. Projects in 2013 to look forward to
6-10. Open

And like I said before any reg can participate. I'm basically just not letting more than 6 people on the cast at a time. So ask me in advance. I'll ask every week a couple of times who wants to be on and then go from there.

Also i'll make the thread tomorrow when most US people are awake.

Trying to keep a fairly regular cast would be good imo

Esch

Banned
Audacity should do the trick
Thanks

Trying to keep a fairly regular cast would be good imo

Yeah, at least 4 to 5 regular spots would be nice.

I don't know. I enjoyed tonights cast, but obviously I can't be sure people will show up time and time again. Just because of the time difference and generally showing up to plug, i expect Tguy and Des to be there pretty frequently. But there are a lot of people who have expressed interest that i'd like to see on there: CRS and PD to start

Quite frankly I'd like to see someone else handle an episode where all the producers talk for example, a special edition or something.

You're right though,it'll keep the flow and general efficiency of the podcast higher with more regular cast.

PBY

Banned
Thanks

I don't know. I enjoyed tonights cast, but obviously I can't be sure people will show up time and time again. Just because of the time difference and generally showing up to plug, i expect Tguy and Des to be there pretty frequently. But there are a lot of people who have expressed interest that i'd like to see on there: CRS and PD to start

Quite frankly I'd like to see someone else handle an episode where all the producers talk for example, a special edition or something.

You're right though,it'll keep the flow and general efficiency of the podcast higher with more regular cast.

I'd def be down for an episode.

Blackace

Thanks

Well if you are doing it bi-weekly make two groups

PBY

Banned
So cliche- but thoughts on a quick "what have you been listening to" for each podcaster to start off the show before diving into the topics?

Esch

Banned

I expect most regs to come shoot the shit at least one time.

Well if you are doing it bi-weekly make two groups

That's an idea. I'm trying to figure out how frequently we should do it. We could honestly do a weekly with some weeks off pretty easily.

So cliche- but thoughts on a quick "what have you been listening to" for each podcaster to start off the show before diving into the topics?

That's like another 20 minutes in there easily lol

Blackace

I expect most regs to come shoot the shit at least one time.

That's an idea. I'm trying to figure out how frequently we should do it. We could honestly do a weekly with some weeks off pretty easily.

I think having great topics might require a bit more time.. But just a suggestion

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Although I like the free for all aspect to some degree, we might want to think about having a set turn so theres a little more structure. Like everyone gets a set turn to speak their peace on the subject and once everyone has had that chance, we open the floor up and just go royal rumble. So for instance everyone gets up to 2 minute to say whatever they want about the subject no interruptions. And then for the next 8-10 minutes its just free for all. And so on for each subject.

I start work again on the 7th of Jan. So after that I likely wont be able to participate except on weekends. So if we keep this weekday recording schedule, my spot will open up in a few weeks.

PBY

Banned
Although I like the free for all aspect to some degree, we might want to think about having a set turn so theres a little more structure. Like everyone gets a set turn to speak their peace on the subject and once everyone has had that chance, we open the floor up and just go royal rumble. So for instance everyone gets up to 2 minute to say whatever they want about the subject no interruptions. And then for the next 8-10 minutes its just free for all. And so on for each subject.

I like this idea.

Esch

Banned
yeah that would make infinitely more sense. plus it gives more time for us to think out responses and forces people to speak or pass if they find it necessary.

I think having great topics might require a bit more time.. But just a suggestion

Biweekly is probably ideal.

CRS

Once I'm back at school I'm definitely down. I go back after the first week of Jan.
Sounds like a great time. Fuck a time limit, haha.

I start work again on the 7th of Jan. So after that I likely wont be able to participate except on weekends. So if we keep this weekday recording schedule, my spot will open up in a few weeks.
That sounds like a great idea.

Artemisia

Banned
mother perrysa

the savior of rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c2j_bR6QJxU

the lord, her unparalleled flow

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

Bishman

Great start guys but the pod cast needs more structure. Too much of a free for all. And I don't who it was but a few of you lack the charisma to keep it interesting. But with time, it should get better.

Blackace

Great start guys but the pod cast needs more structure. Too much of a free for all. And I don't who it was but a few of you lack the charisma to keep it interesting. But with time, it should get better.

We need the savior of podcast to save us

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's cliche but it works, and is always a part of a podcast people always tune in for. IMO there's a reason why everyone does that and I'd think that'd be good for he GAF-Hop podcast too.

Structure is great, but emergent, flowing conversation is better, and a "whatcha listening to?" section helps facilitate that.

PBY

Banned
Another thought- yall agreed on a lot- maybe try to find topics that organically breed discussion from 2 sides.

IE:
Mac and Cheese 3- Album of the Year? Or Mixtape of the Year?

Edit: A Whatcha been listening to will do this.

CRS

Okay there's definitely a voice missing sometimes. There's pauses too long enough for it to just be lag.

Some of y'all need to upgrade your ISPs.

Esch

Banned
quite frankly i dont give a fukk if someone isnt "charismatic" or not talking enough to "pull their weight" or not. i put this cast together for a few simple reasons : to chat up hip hop with people from a bunch of different walks of life and to bring the convos we have in Plug on wax. im not doing this to grab for views or get you to click on a site like jeff girthmann. tbh i enjoyed what everyone had to say tonight, interruptions or pauses or whatever. ill continue to have everyone who put in the time tonight come on again in some capacity again so......

CRS

This podcast is missing that GRAWWWWW!

Edit: Esch, you were right about your voice being ahead in the recording compared to everyone else. Something happened but there were no actual interruptions. And the "lag"/silence is from that as well. Just one technical issue which is nothing to complain about for the first podcast.

Blackace

This podcast is missing that GRAWWWWW!

Edit: Esch, you were right about your voice being ahead in the recording compared to everyone else. Something happened but there were no actual interruptions. And the "lag"/silence is from that as well. Just one technical issue which is nothing to complain about for the first podcast.

That's what i'm talking about

RJT

You guys definitely need a bigger introduction. The only voice I can distinguish clearly is Ace. Loving it so far, though.

EDIT: Nas seems retarded on interviews. This is so fucking true... I hate that too...

m3k

gaf pod cast taught me about trinidad james and chief keef

it hurts to listen to

are dreads back in? keef, james and lupe... or just shitty rapping?

edit: i really like the pod cast, good work boys

edit 2: god dam listening to chief keef 'i dont like' and the pod cast reminded me of ring tone rap stage of the 2000's

HiResDes

BTW, Siddx has the most recognizable voice actually and usually says something ratchet or pissed off. I think he's the spark we need lol..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
BTW, Siddx has the most recognizable voice actually and usually says something ratchet or pissed off. I think he's the spark we need lol..

haha thats how I roll. Yeah I didn't speak up as much this first time round, I was pretty damn out of it and kept catching myself listening to everyone else and not wanting to interrupt. Next time I'll be way more vocal.

I listened to a bit of it and yeah haha, that is pretty weird that it has Esch replying quite a bit faster so it leaves silent areas. I wonder how does that happen.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good feedback y'all. More divisive subjects would definitely breed more organic discussion. We didn't agree on a lot of stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom