• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
thats 2 songs bro.

I want you to think about the gravitas you assigned to jay e in that last post, and then contrast that with the reality of two songs.

dude in 2010 he had that gravitas, You got to separate what he is now from what he was. Anyhow those two songs are just the standout of a collection of good songs. Right now every week a dope song/mixtape/album drops but 2 years ago who did everyone think had next?

Esch

Banned
dude in 2010 he had that gravitas, You got to separate what he is now from what he was. Anyhow those two songs are just the standout of a collection of good songs. Right now every week a dope song/mixtape/album drops but 2 years ago who did everyone think had next?

not me. dude wasnt putting out cohesive works of music and you are stupid if you bite on songs over projects

Zeus Molecules

not me. dude wasnt putting out cohesive works of music and you are stupid if you bite on songs over projects

once again this proves reading is fundamental...

He has enough dope songs to fill a mixtape, which is why I linked to one when I brought him up to begin with. I did mention those singles as being amazing though because they are.

I don't understand why its so hard to admit he was dope at a time. I'm not defending him as an artist now but as an artist when he began. I mean Lupe is way more a miss than hit artist, but Food & Liquor was original for its time and not far from dope. If somebody said hey i need to catch up on good releases between 2004 and 2010 I would mention that album regardless of how nutso Lupe is now.

Esch

Banned
You've got some stones, taking subs at my comprehension skills when i had the goddamn grace to bold the center of my statement. A collection of songs is not a cohesive project. Its a collection of songs.

Zeus Molecules

You've got some stones, taking subs at my comprehension skills when i had the goddamn grace to bold the center of my statement. A collection of songs is not a cohesive project. Its a collection of songs.

yes my balls are very big, arguably too big considering the trouble they've got me into over the years

however at this point we're gonna have to agree to disagree I feel your placing to much emphasis on cohesion. I like cohesion, shit cohesion is one of the reason gkmc is a masterpiece.

However I don't feel Jay Electronica is a lesser artist because he didn't store all his dope songs on a laptop to release at a single time after taking time out his day to put them into his preferred order for listening.

I think he was a dope artist with a lot of potential, and who knows we might get to hear Act II eventually. If not he'll go down the same path of other good artist who never dropped an official album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Are we talking about Jay E again? I thought he fell down Badu's snatch of no return and is making a collab album with the ghost of Andre 3000 and Common called "these walls are so slimey, we can't crawl out this"

DominoKid

i guess im just a dreamer cause i still think jay will come through with act 2 one day and it will be everything we ever hoped for.

Never was a fan of Jay Elec., I would say he is quite possibly one of the most overrated artist in the last 4 years, but only thing that stops me from saying that is because he hasn't really put out a project that he oversaw himself, but everything I've heard from him wasn't that good to be sitting around talking about this dude for the next 3 or so years. It was good, but that's it, not amazing, not great. I don't see it at all. My hype for his album is at 0, I don't really care if it drops or not.

IrishNinja

Are we talking about Jay E again? I thought he fell down Badu's snatch of no return and is making a collab album with the ghost of Andre 3000 and Common called "these walls are so slimey, we can't crawl out this"

you jest but everybody here (sans maybe ace) would cop this
detox would buy the vinyl LE with authentic pussy-slime

DominoKid

so im listening to marcberg reloaded, because i like my hate to be informed...

im just not hearing it. everything he's doing i could listen to something 100x better when the style was hot. sounds like somebody impersonating their favorite 90s rappers. beats are cool though.

CRS

Never was a fan of Jay Elec., I would say he is quite possibly one of the most overrated artist in the last 4 years, but only thing that stops me from saying that is because he hasn't really put out a project that he oversaw himself, but everything I've heard from him wasn't that good to be sitting around talking about this dude for the next 3 or so years. It was good, but that's it, not amazing, not great. I don't see it at all. My hype for his album is at 0, I don't really care if it drops or not.

so im listening to marcberg reloaded, because i like my hate to be informed...

im just not hearing it. everything he's doing i could listen to something 100x better when the style was hot. sounds like somebody impersonating their favorite 90s rappers. beats are cool though.

Take a teacher that you think sounds really boring during lectures and imagine him spitting Ghostface lyrics but slower and you have Roc Marciano

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Agree with Tguy, never understood the hype. Always saw him as another decent rapper with nothing really remarkable about him.

you jest but everybody here (sans maybe ace) would cop this
detox would buy the vinyl LE with authentic pussy-slime

I'm pretty sure thats how the zombie apocalypse starts. That pussy slime in a bottle infects all of rap gaf and next thing you know the world is getting into catfights with drake and dressing like a blind hipster on PCP.

Grzi

Nobody who was following hip hop on a more thorough level thought he had next. There was a lot of dope stuff that came out in 2010, not my fault you weren't listening.

Zeus Molecules

Nobody who was following hip hop on a more thorough level thought he had next. There was a lot of dope stuff that came out in 2010, not my fault you weren't listening.

.... who did you have penned to have next in 2010 then? Hmm? ...

Look anyhow don't come in here and try to diss my hip hop knowledge man cause my opinion on one artist differs from yours.

Grzi

.... who did you have penned to have next in 2010 then? Hmm? ...

Look anyhow don't come in here and try to diss my hip hop knowledge man cause my opinion on one artist differs from yours.

I didn't diss your knowledge, it just seems to me that you think young rappers started dropping album quality mixtapes this year or some shit. People were doing that in 2010, even 2009, nobody was checking for a guy who dropped two dope tracks and a bunch of boring stuff. There was a TON of new dope music in 2010, from up-and-comers and veterans alike.

J. Cole had next in 2010, Big K.R.I.T., XV, Drake, Freddie Gibbs, Laws, Smoke DZA, L.E.$., all of them dropped quality albums for free in 2010, and most of them are still doing stuff and are more or less relevant. There's probably more dudes I'm forgetting. And then you had albums by Kanye, Rozay, Curren$y dropping two motherfucking albums etc. etc.
It's easy to see why no one in their right mind would give a fuck about Jay Electronica in 2010.

The production on Marciano's Reloaded is some really laid back grimey goodness. I'm still not sure how I feel about him as a rapper though. His flow and delivery never really change or impress from track to track. On one hand it aids the vibe of the album, but on the other hand he tends to dissolve into beats and I find myself not really caring about what he's saying.

Tek To A Mak, Pistolier, 20 Guns, and Emeralds were standouts.

The production on Marciano's Reloaded is some really laid back grimey goodness. I'm still not sure how I feel about him as a rapper though. His flow and delivery never really change or impress from track to track. On one hand it aids the vibe of the album, but on the other hand he tends to dissolve into beats and I find myself not really caring about what he's saying.

Tek To A Mak, Pistolier, 20 Guns, and Emeralds were standouts.

One thing odd is that I actually really like Ka - Grief Pedigree and in a way it's pretty similar, but I care more about what he says.

IrishNinja

we still talkin bout jay elec without anything new huh

SIMS.jpg

thabiz

new roc is some dope shit. reminds me of the Russian Roulette album. classy production. 76, DAMN those keys! Thread Count is sick and could be tops on the album.

What a week. Marci, Bronsolino, Wu, Guilty Simpson.

Fizzyology, Mic Tyson, and Mhz Legacy last week. Good times.

kamspy

Ace, request you tag all posters in this thread who haven't praised Dice Game as "intimidated by baritone rappers, prefer Chingy"

Thanks,

Kams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom