• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cousins

A relationship with a Rothschild, one of the richest aristocratic families in the world. Hov can't say shit, it's out of his tax bracket.

Shit, so he does nothing? That's stupid as hell. Act I was dope, Jay needs to force him to release that damn album now.

Another thing about Jay: his live show has been the exact same for almost four years. He does the Dilla tribute before Gobstopper, does the New Orleans verse of Exhibit C acapella every time, noting the government blew up the levies lol, etc. No new material, same jokes and crowd interaction calls.

Jay Z hates laziness. It's part of the reason he cut ties with Bleek, Beans, etc musically. Now he has an artist who won't even release a mixtape or EP. Cole is about to release his second album, think about that.

cousins

Another thing about Jay: his live show has been the exact same for almost four years. He does the Dilla tribute before Gobstopper, does the New Orleans verse of Exhibit C acapella every time, noting the government blew up the levies lol, etc. No new material, same jokes and crowd interaction calls.

Jay Z hates laziness. It's part of the reason he cut ties with Bleek, Beans, etc musically. Now he has an artist who won't even release a mixtape or EP. Cole is about to release his second album, think about that.

Your avatar is beautiful.

But, yeah, dude needs to step up. I'm wondering why Jay hasn't dropped him.

Esch

Banned
my guess is that Jay E hasnt been asking much of dude: not angling for features, not making a fuss about budgets, just doing himself

Note: I lost an avatar bet, hence this abomination. I shouldn't have bet against black :(

Reloaded could use some better mixing. Ka is buried beneath the beat on one of the tracks, and there are some sounds that could be cleaned up

Yep. PT 1, 2 and Covert Coup are his holy trinity. Branch from there if you like it.
then listen to cigarette boats

everyone must listen to cigarette boats

As far as Jay E goes...

I really can't believe that he fell off the face of the earth. No mixtape, no features, no singles, no albums, nothing...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I saw Jay E selling burned CD copies of Act I at Rasputin the other day... they turned him down.

True story.

SoilBreak

Banned
Juelz Santana Announces New Mixtapes Again

#GODWILL'N IS THE NEW TITLE 4 MY MIXTAPE I WAS ONCE GONNA CALL #REAGANERA!!!! #GODWILL'N #ONTHEWAY V1&2 #BACK2BACK

Ay! After a long hiatus of making music, Juelz Santana is back to making it. Bad news is Reagan Era has passed, but the good news is he’s got two installments coming soon.

sUITO.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was thinking about this yesterday.. why wasn't Back To The Crib a hit? It's a better song and catchier than Oh Yes which pretty much propelled Juelz into stardom at the time.

I was sure this would result in Juelz getting back to the forefront.

Where's the damn Dice Game circle jerk?

Does it have an OT? Is GAF HOP just intimidated by baritone rappers?

Dice Game is a solid listen, but none of the Apollo Brown joints get the Kanye treatment in here.

It goes well with Trophies and Daily Bread, though. Real consistent "trilogy."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As it stands, Jay Elec has the exact same number of songs I fuck with as ones that have Nicki Minaj on them.

Let that sink in.

Detox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlCUHjU7p4

Spoken word dopeness. Dude is a master lyricist

There's a difference between poems and songs. It's like when someone comes to you with a good poem they've written and asks you what do you think is this a good hiphop song? And you just go ehhh there's much more to it than that, just try speaking it out loud with a decent flow.

Game Breakfast Club interview. Covers a loooot of stuff. What matters: Dre produced joint is iTunes bonus track. Says Dre never gives away Detox beats/songs either.
So Dre ate the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom