• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye's 6th solo HAS to be #1. C'mon.
I would say Oxymoron and Rocky's debut are higher.

The news on Kanye's new album has been iffy; animal sounds and Skrillex. Cruel Winter probably higher.

Jay, Drake, Andre 3000, and Em don't belong on that list, let alone on the top 10. CuDi shouldn't be in top 10 considering how much his hype has died down, but that's probably because they own DatNewCudi.

DominoKid

The news on Kanye's new album has been iffy; animal sounds and Skrillex. Cruel Winter probably higher.

Jay, Drake, Andre 3000, and Em don't belong on that list, let alone on the top 10. CuDi shouldn't be in top 10 considering how much his hype has died down, but that's probably because they own DatNewCudi.

it's kanye. it's gonna be fine regardless of who he works with.

PBY

Banned

Cruel Winter over Kanyes solo? Bro. Broooooo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
it's kanye. it's gonna be fine regardless of who he works with.
This is true, we know it's still going to be amazing, probably will still be top 5 in the year it comes out it. I'm just sayin'.

Also, I highly doubt it will come out this year with Kanye probably focusing on Cruel Winter.

PBY

Banned
This is true, we know it's still going to be amazing, probably will still be top 5 in the year it comes out it. I'm just sayin'.

Also, I highly doubt it will come out this year with Kanye probably focusing on Cruel Winter.

Pretty sure its coming this year, lemme go find the quotes.

Edit: Actually, what am I saying, its Kanye. Just gonna bank on 2014.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sure its coming this year, lemme go find the quotes.

Edit: Actually, what am I saying, its Kanye. Just gonna bank on 2014.
Cruel Winter will hit at the top of Spring my guess, Kanye's output has been once a year and it even feels longer than that. If WTT to Cruel Summer was just over a year, I can see his next solo taking even longer, despite him starting recording on it already.

Maybe I'm just jaded from the delays WTT and Cruel Summer went through. =[

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye has always done religious contemplation better than most, though it had a minor role in comparison to the major theme, it was done better on MBDTF.

Regardless, the more I listen to Jesus Piece, the more I think Game did a good job with it, though probably unintentionally on his part.

HiResDes

Project+Pat+-+Ghetty+Green.jpg

iavi

BASS, and treble clarity.

I'm now pimping The House of Marley's Exodus headphone as well.

Hmm, Bass clarity was an issue with ATH50s. The response was definitely there, but it wasn't by any means a tight one. The newer white pair recently released are said to be much 'better'-and I put better in quotes cause the common wordage over in head-fi is that they're more 'neutral'- in this regard, though, so I'm thinking I might give them a shot (They look absolutely fucking bonkers)

I am open to something new, though--almost prefer it, really, as, while I fucking loved the sound of the M50, I dont wanna retread ground. The AKGs aren't bright at all are they? I can't do bright cans, they give me the worst headaches.

HiResDes

Hmm, Bass clarity was an issue with ATH50s. The response was definitely there, but it wasn't by any means a tight one. The newer white pair recently released are said to be much 'better'-and I put better in quotes cause the common wordage over in head-fi is that they're more 'neutral'- in this regard, though, so I'm thinking I might give them a shot (They look absolutely fucking bonkers)

I am open to something new, though--almost prefer it, really, as, while I fucking loved the sound of the M50, I dont wanna retread ground. The AKGs aren't bright at all are they? I can't do bright cans, they give me the worst headaches.

No I wouldn't call them bright, though I'm not particular sensitive to sibilance. Also I think the K167 look better too

iavi

No I wouldn't call them bright, though I'm not particular sensitive to sibilance. Also I think the K167 look better too

yeah, I'm reading the K167 thread over at Head Fi and impressions so far have them at: tight bass, recesssed mids, and bright. The more I look, the less I think these are for me, unfortunately.

They do look really good, though. I agree.

iavi

You say you're into bright headphones and yet you own a pair of headphones with a weird treble peak...

Not into brights. And while I have noticed that, I very rarely do. So little to the point that I find it a moot issue. Every day listening doesn't fatigue.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
yea although im not gonna lie prolly gonna be beat after today got meetings and shit. if you wanderingwind siddx ace and des wanna push it back straight with me. i can still do it tonight tho.

What?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
if we doing the cast.. I am stepping out for like 30 mins and will be right back

iavi

TMA-1s are the darkest in the price range, why not check into those.

I'll check them out, but idk; I'm not sure if I want to go all that much, if at all, darker either. I feel like I need to head to a shop and do a good tasting of cans.

---

Also, I've been meaning to mention, this Mykki Blanco cat is a fucking freak. That vid you linked to, and some of his/her other shit I've checked out is dope as fuck, but I'm thrown like a motherfucker. I've never seen someone try to play gender ambiguity as their entire schtick before. I'm a million parts impressed, and a million more thrown.

Esch

Banned
thats cause youse a bitch.

In this case you're right. I just spent 4 hours today arguing with a board of 60 year old psychiatrists about the relevance of pediatric studies on the effects of a dermal methylphenidate patch on geriatric patients, among other bullshit. I'm off that. I mentioned last night if people wanted to do it, the only one expressing interest was Ace. So, regroup, coalesce, refocus, reschedule.

In this case you're right. I just spent 4 hours today arguing with a board of 60 year old psychiatrists about the relevance of pediatric studies on the effects of a dermal methylphenidate patch on geriatric patients, among other bullshit. I'm off that. I mentioned last night if people wanted to do it, the only one expressing interest was Ace. So, regroup, coalesce, refocus, reschedule.

lol everyone was on skype and I'm the one who said thursday was a great day for me too.
I wish i could be fucked up frequently enough that it comes off as "normal" when i rap.

basically you are a bit too self conscious about it? Gotta just learn not to give a fuck.

mooooose

So, odds on French doing twice ASAPs numbers on debut?
Oh most definitely. Rocky is going to do like 35k, French will probably do like 100k.

The leak killed Rocky's hype and momentum, even if it is a good album. And he barely had any to begin with. A year of good features, a good tour, wasted because he couldn't get his album done in time, and then they just rush it out in January.

And it STILL has some shitty songs that should've been left on the cutting room floor.

He should've released it in April after the Rihanna tour and gotten on more features. Release 1 Train with a really good video as a single, and Wild For The Night in March with a good video. He would've had a chance at 150k+.

Now, he is fucked.

In ASAP Q, we trust.

"LISTEN A LITTLE BIT, I GOT A LITTLE ADVICE, IF YOU FUCKED HER ONCE, YOU CAN FUCK HER TWICE, AND DON'T GET HEAD FROM HOES WITH OVERBITES"

Macca

Rocky will do more than that, fucking problems has gained traction for him. I'd say 70-80k. I think French will be about 2 Chainz numbers, 130kish, but dunno.

kamspy

I think I'm gonna have a Project Pat day..... Old school gaf hop heads know once in a while I'll speak on in Project Pat rap cadences for an entire day IRL sometimes. Should be interesting at this job since I only talk with customers. Fuck it though, I'm just the utility guy. I'm allowed to look a little crazy. Plus, it entertains me.

Not gonna break character til I get off work. Sounds like fun. You guys should live a little and try it. Get dat Pat swag in ya.

Wrench to yo mouth
Let me in you house
Turn yo gas on and get dat coldness out
Light you furnace up
Dat water heater too
We bout dat nati gas
The flame stay blue

DominoKid

I always liked Three 6 but i never got into Pat until i got a burned cd of Crook By Da Book cause my boy couldnt sell it to anybody at school lol.

Thats how I got HHNF too.

basically you are a bit too self conscious about it? Gotta just learn not to give a fuck.

i just feel like a jackass doing it these days. which is kinda the point cause i basically do it for my friends. i only do freestyles now.

i rapped "seriously" for the better part of 2 years before i realized last summer that i couldnt do it as a job. i haven't got on a track before yesterday since April. 2 of my friends produce for some dude from their hometown. when they throw some stuff up on youtube ill post it if its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom