• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

azela was aight in that 1991 track or whatever, thats all i know but props to the other broad for putting everything on front street like that

also when ya'll say ye's next album will be # 1...okay, but are yall also assuming itll be an overproduced incoherent mess with a few standout tracks? cause that's been the M.O. for at least a few years now, let's keep it one hunnid

thabiz

3420095782-1.jpg

J-Live - HOTvsDOPE Vol. 2

1.J-Live "Blast That Intro" 01:27
2.Nottz feat Black Milk & Royce da 5'9" "Blast That" 02:53
3.Kweli "Fly Away" 02:07
4.7even Thirty "Where It's At" 01:17
5.Pac Div feat Kendrick Lamar & Blu "Cross Trainers" 02:41
6.Masta Killa "Things Just Aint The Same" 01:28
7.Consequence feat Estelle "When I Woke Up" 02:56
8.Substantial "Umoja" 02:05
9.Rapper Big Pooh "Friends" 01:28
10.Wu-Block feat Ghostface Killah, Sheek looch & Jadakiss "Stick up Kids" 02:43
11.Wale feat Scarface "Limitless" 02:48
12.Sha Stimuli & Dynamite Bruhz feat Skyzoo & Torae "Wrapping Paper" 04:26
13.Big Boi feat A$AP Rocky & Phantogram "Lines" 02:33
14.Hannibal Stax "Str8 Smashin" 02:08
15.Nine "No Country" 02:49
16.Roc Marciano "Nine Spray" 01:55
17.Game "Freedom" 02:12
18.Brother Ali "Fajr" 02:30
19.Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson feat Planet Asia "Nasty" 02:59
20.9th Wonder & Buckshot "Pat 'Em Down" 01:45
21.T.I. feat Andre 3000 "Sorry" 04:51
22.Earl Sweatshirt "Chum" 01:29
23.Sean Price feat Pharoahe Monch "That Nigga" 03:04
24.Ludacris feat Pusha T Future & Swizz Beats "What They Mad For" 02:19
25.Sha Stimuli & Dynamite Bruhz feat Rapper Big Pooh & J-Live "Transition" 02:58

thabiz

Only for the geriatrics!

DJ Premier - 70's/80's Mix

1. It's A Demo - Kool G Rap & Dj Polo
2. Def Jam - Jazzy Jay
3. Vicious Rap - Tanya Winley
4. Rhymin' & Rappin' - Paulette & Tany Winley
5. Flash It To The Beat (Live) - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5
6. To Whom It May Concern - Dj Hollywood
7. Home Of Hip Hop - Grandmixer D. St
8. On The Radio - Crash Crew
9. It’S Your Rock - Fantasy Three
10. Money (Dollar Bill Y'All) - Jimmy Spicer
11. Fresh, Fly, Wild And Bold - Cold Crush Brothers
12. Party's Gettin Rough - Beastie Boys
13. Beastie Groove - Beastie Boys
14. Blowfly’S Rapp - Blowfly
15. Body Rock - Treacherous Three
16. Boogie Down Bronx - Man Parrish
17. Jam On Revenge (The Wikki Wikki Song) - Newcleus
18. Mr. Magic's Wand - Whodini
19. Catch The Beat - T-Ski Valley
20. Cosmic Blast - Captain Rock
21. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith
22. Looking For The Perfect Beat - Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
23. Al Naafiysh - Hashim
24. Breakers Revenge - Arthur Baker
25. Play That Beat Mr. Dj - G.L.O.B.E. & Whiz Kid
26. King Tim Iii (Personality Jock) - Fatback Band
27. Spoonin Rap - Spoonie Gee
28. Wildstyle Soundtrack - Fantastic Freaks At The Dixie
29. Funk Box Party - Masterdon Committee
30. Jazzy Sensation - Afrika Bambaataa & The Jazzy 5
31. It's Yours - T La Rock & Jazzy Jay
32. Hardcore Hip Hop - Mantronix
33. He Cut Soo Fresh (Feat. Mc Shan) - Marley Marl
34. Gucci Time - Schoolly D
35. Main Event - Freddy B. & The Mighty Mic Masters
36. Ampm - Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde
37. This Is For Your Own Concern - Big Daddy Kane
38. Bustin Loose - Alliance
39. The R - Eric B. & Rakim
40. Together Forever - Run Dmc
41. Rap’S New Generation - Classical Two
42. Night Of The Living Baseheads - Public Enemy

Macca

I guess we're expecting 3 TDE albums in 2013? Surely they all gotta ride this Kendrick hype wave. What's everyone most excited for?

Me? Q > Jay Rock > Soul.

Not that I think Jay Rock is a better rapper, but I'm really interested to see where he'll go. And Q is going to blow this year, so hells fucking yea.

Man when I hear Q on the radio I'll be so happy. I know he's only fairly new but he's the rapper I associate most with GAF Hop because it's the best artist I was introduced to on here. All because of a Stone Cold Stunner.

Next stop DeNiro Farrar

Macca

Giving Detroit another listen through before I vote for AOTY. Working through my backlog.

Going to update this post with some Detroit thoughts.

1. Higher. Not bad, could be better, but DAT MERCY SAMPLE.

6. Experimental could TOTALLY use some Kid Cudi. He'd be perfect over that shit, drop King Louie.

9. 100. Kendrick killed it, Royce was boring as fuck. Kendrick switched shit up, did well.

10. Sellin Dreams with Siddx Brown. Not my shit, too slow.

11. I'm Gonna Be. Shits smooth, unoffensive, I like it.

12. FFOE. Fucking goes! Love this shit. Lex bought it on this beat, man, wish the dude was doing more.

13. Do What I Gotta Do. Fucking great, first time I was like, yea Tyga will fit on this shit. Damn.

15. RWT. Beat is fucking great, with some fantastic BIG quotables.

DominoKid

man i like Q but the the love he gets on here is a bit much. he's onto something but he's still got a lot of developing to do.

sn: t.i. is the best rapper ive seen on First Take. wayne knows his shit but he's too drugged out to carry on a good convo.

Detroit is the shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
man i like Q but the the love he gets on here is a bit much. he's onto something but he's still got a lot of developing to do.

sn: t.i. is the best rapper ive seen on First Take. wayne knows his shit but he's too drugged out to carry on a good convo.

Detroit is the shit.

HnC was a fully developed album by any standard. It's simply not overly glossed and polished.

DominoKid

MTV Jams is sweet w/ the theme blocks.

Last half hour was "ghetto" songs. This one is "diamonds"
They hit a lot of artists that have been forgotten about too.

Macca

Fuck, been watching some videos on youtube, and damn the Live Love Asap video is teeeerribad.

But I noticed the Fuckin Problem video has some damn nice editing for the first 2/3rds, then Kendrick comes in and it turns to shit.

For someone who dropped a classic album, dude hasn't been in one good video.

iavi

Fuck, been watching some videos on youtube, and damn the Live Love Asap video is teeeerribad.

But I noticed the Fuckin Problem video has some damn nice editing for the first 2/3rds, then Kendrick comes in and it turns to shit.

For someone who dropped a classic album, dude hasn't been in one good video.

Rap videos, in general, seem scared as fuck. Its the same mess over and over: sheranes, sheranes, gestures, gestures, weed carriers, guns, and more sheranes. And artistry isn't in the books, with even those inclusions. Kendrick isn't alone.

DominoKid

Rap videos, in general, seem scared as fuck. Its the same mess over and over: sheranes, sheranes, gestures, gestures, weed carriers, guns, and more sheranes. And artistry isn't in the books, with even those inclusions. Kendrick isn't alone.

It really isnt worth the effort to do much more than that though. I feel like the days of videos mattering are long gone.

And I say that as someone who will sit around and watch music videos like regular tv. Other than 2K and Netflix thats what i mostly use my xbox for.

iavi

Kanye's vids break that mold

Not really, or I can't think of the last one that did. Graduation era, maybe, with the vid for Good Life, and even then; that's just the so-me flourishes that do that. Idk if I'd call it different than usual.

OF's vids do break the mold, for the most part. They fall into shock rap trappings, at times, but standouts like Yonkers, Rella, and Chum stand above, I think.

PBY

Banned
Not really, or I can't think of the last one that did. Graduation era, maybe, with the vid for Good Life, and even then; that's just the so-me flourishes that do that. Idk if I'd call it different than usual.

OF's vids do break the mold, for the most part. They fall into shock rap trappings, at times, but standouts like Yonkers, Rella, and Chum stand above, I think.
He made a whole movie for MBDTF! Come onnnn. Also mercy, NIP

Also, the Monster video outdoes all the shock vids you posted

Macca

Cmon, NiP was not a good video. Could have been a beast, instead it was some concert footage with filters.

Now Otis, that was the shit.

iavi

It really isnt worth the effort to do much more than that though. I feel like the days of videos mattering are long gone.

And I say that as someone who will sit around and watch music videos like regular tv. Other than 2K and Netflix thats what i mostly use my xbox for.

I wouldn't say the day of the promotional video is done, in fact; I think it's become more focal, as YT views have become an increasingly noted metric. But I would say that the day of the high budget hip-hop vid is done, I definitely agree. Look at TDE and their one cameraman. Why go all out when you can go ham in After Effects and achieve just as many views. Not that this is all that bad a place to be in, but it takes all the more creativity to work with limitations.

No love for Mercy? Shit was ridic.

Mercy was dope, you guys are right, but the same thing still, dudes. for real. Weed carriers and lambos to some interesting cinematography. It's an example of doing the formula well, I think.

And, peter, holy fuck I had forgotten all about the MBDTF film. For the better. You're right. He broke the mold, for real, but that shit was no purple rain.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Mercy was one of the worst videos I've ever seen. Just a bunch of fake fucks prancing around a borrowed lambo looking like a bunch of boring fucks. Not that I was expecting anything decent after the abortion that was that short flim he put out for MBDTDDTPOWERBOMBCHOKESLAM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best Kanye video? I'd probably agree Diamonds. When that shit came out it was nothing short of epic.

I've always been fond of this version of Jesus Walks, Amazing and Power too though.

I remember hearing a video of Never Let Me Down exists, and spending entire afternoons trying to hunt it or the DVD it was on down. This, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom