• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
1Train has some great bars but I'm honestly only revisiting LVL, Phoenix and Ghetto Symphony now.

Even PMW has kind of outworn it's welcome on me. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy Phoenix. I really like Danger Mouse's beat.

can't fuuuck with me
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46062836&postcount=120
wowpn.png

It has to be Toku. Slanderous attacks on Kendrick? Can't do it, brehs

Blackace came around on GKMC after a few months which was dope. But Toku still hatin...

Esch

Banned
naw Blackace liked it from the start pretty much. I dont think he was all over it, but he liked it initially even though he thought our praise was excessive. I believe he still thinks game's album was better or something
dead.png
but hey to each his own

Tokubetsu

It has to be Toku. Slanderous attacks on Kendrick? Can't do it, brehs

Blackace came around on GKMC after a few months which was dope. But Toku still hatin...

Funny thing is, I'm totally alright with your list and then you fuck the whole thing up with GKMC at #1 so it nullifies everything else. I bet if Kendrick was more light skinned like J.Cole you wouldn't even have him in your top ten.

Esch

Banned
Games album has more replay value

simply no. you catch more tidbits lyrics and style wise the more you listen to something and in game's case that works out even worse because you start noticing the cribs and the wack shit he says. Whereas Kendrick's album is full of little bon mots and double entendres and nuggets here and there, the kind I STILL havent all pieced together on my own.

I'm attributing this to your music ADHD
wait toku you really dont like gkmc? i thought it was just jokes.

you dont troll something for a year on just jokes breh. speaking from experience rn.

PBY

Banned
simply no. you catch more tidbits lyrics and style wise the more you listen to something and in game's case that works out even worse because you start noticing the cribs and the wack shit he says. Whereas Kendrick's album is full of little bon mots and double entendres and nuggets here and there, the kind I STILL havent all pieced together on my own.

I'm attributing this to your music ADHD

you dont troll something for a year on just jokes breh. speaking from experience rn.
It's pretty simple- very few of the GKMC beats hit for me. Games album on the other hand, had beats for days.

Esch

Banned
i literally cant remember the name of anything off jesus piece but Scared Now and Ali Bomaye. thats how fucking taco bell that shit is.

PBY

Banned
Peter's ears filters out the vocals. All he hears is instruments.
Somewhat true. Main reason why I much prefer section 80. A great album for me needs both.

Also, I can appreciate lyricism but i feel like the narrative of GKMC actually hurts replay value. The skits and story don't work as well out of sequence.

PBY

Banned
GKMC is fine in the whip for me, although agreed on the latter two.
Yeah I just wanna be clear- I'm still a big Kendrick fan, and I can appreciate GKMC- the biggest issue is just that I don't find myself going back to it. Real happy it did well, love that it didn't get "studio-albumed to death, as that bodes well for future TDE releases

I've met so many people who think Swimming Pools is a shots song, then I tell them to listen to the lyrics. A day later they're like "oh man I had no idea!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've met so many people who think Swimming Pools is a shots song, then I tell them to listen to the lyrics. A day later they're like "oh man I had no idea!"

Yeah, I had someone on twitter just post "drank" as a tweet like 3 times while out partying.

PBY

Banned
Hype
@Hit_Boy: My new raps and beats are better than you've heard. Super hype for this #HS87 compilation album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
One final note- cant really play GKMC in the whip, in the gym, or when I'm going out.

Maad city and backstreet freestyle get me hyped as fuck, I could definetly play those in all three of those situations. Maad city especially.

Acid08

Banned
No way lol.

I was waiting at the gate for my flight back to SF and a plane from LA arrives. Everyone starts getting off and I see this dude in a green bucket hat walking toward me with some orange Beats on. I did a fucking double take when I saw the face tattoos, the headphones had "TDE" printed on them also. Then like 30 seconds later Soul walks by with some other dude that had a Black Hippy sweatshirt on.

Macca

Maad city and backstreet freestyle get me hyped as fuck, I could definetly play those in all three of those situations. Maad city especially.
Maad city is a fucking great song, but I always end up turning it off when the beat switch happens. I really like the second part of the song, but for some reason I always change it. First part is so hype.

IrishNinja

Worst Poster of the Year 2012: Tokubetsu (for hating on King Kendrick Lamar and being light skinned)

absolute recklessness

I have a hard time gettin down to the themes of that song lol.

yeah, anyone who listens to the lyrics would, i think!

^this, if those two looped for a bit it could work
ya'll ever check out that gym mixtape by stic/dead prez? shit was nice for workouts

Maad city is a fucking great song, but I always end up turning it off when the beat switch happens. I really like the second part of the song, but for some reason I always change it. First part is so hype.

yeah i do this too - like you said, its not bad, its just not what i want more of

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
man i like Q but the the love he gets on here is a bit much. he's onto something but he's still got a lot of developing to do.

I think Q is a beast

Not exactly sure what developing you speak of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom