• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Way to high for a kendrick show. Whatever tho, I'll see him even tho this will be time #3
I hope tickets don't sell out and I can get some scalped for cheaper, I'd love to see Kendrick but he was playing at Terminal 5 a couple months ago for nothing. Fuck, ASAP, Q, and Danny Brown was around $30.

PBY

Banned
I hope tickets don't sell out and I can get some scalped for cheaper, I'd love to see Kendrick but he was playing at Terminal 5 a couple months ago for nothing. Fuck, ASAP, Q, and Danny Brown was around $30.

Its ballsy as fuck, hes not on that level. Thats Jay Z ticket prices level. It will still be dope, hope he has decent guests tho because I don't think I can handle 2+ hours of just King Kendrick.

edit: I missed out on that T5 show, but I saw the ASAP one, which will prob be 1000x doper than this, for only like 30 bux like you said.

mooooose

Its ballsy as fuck, hes not on that level. Thats Jay Z ticket prices level. It will still be dope, hope he has decent guests tho because I don't think I can handle 2+ hours of just King Kendrick.

edit: I missed out on that T5 show, but I saw the ASAP one, which will prob be 1000x doper than this, for only like 30 bux like you said.

I didn't like the ASAP concert because Danny Brown was on when people were still coming in, the crowd wasn't live for Q, and ASAP had his weed carriers kill his momentum half way through his set. Overall, it was ight.

I missed the T5 show too because I had gone to a concert at T5 the night before and I said fuck it I'll catch Kendrick after GKMC comes out.

Yeah, fuck $75 tho.

PBY

Banned
I didn't like the ASAP concert because Danny Brown was on when people were still coming in, the crowd wasn't live for Q, and ASAP had his weed carriers kill his momentum half way through his set. Overall, it was ight.

I missed the T5 show too because I had gone to a concert at T5 the night before and I said fuck it I'll catch Kendrick after GKMC comes out.

Yeah, fuck $75 tho.
Get a governors ball pass it'll end up being cheaper and more fun

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Did Blackace say Azealia was as bad as Flo-Rida? What the hell.

They make similar music.. I think Banks will try to ride the fence like Flo Rida did with his first album then fully crossover with the 2nd

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Out of all the new female MCs, Angel Haze is the only one that mildly interests me, only because of that one really disturbing song someone posted a while back. That stood out because she was doing her own thing and I felt something genuine was behind it.

A lot of this rap shit comes down to it, are you genuine? More importantly, do you sound genuine behind the mic? Minaj, Iggy Azalea and Kreayshawn don't give me that vibe, plus they don't bring anything interesting to the table.

I fucks with some Minaj verses though. The Monster one (which Kanye wrote with her) and her version of Go Hard mostly.

Esch

Banned
i only care about one thing; can you serve me up a quality project/album/tape/ep? I dont see many female emcees making that happen

Blackace

You guys are crazy. They are both very poppy but Flo-Rida songs are nothing but hooks.

His first album was much more than just hooks.. Listen to it again.. Even had different bpms.. She does the poppy "4 beat" (120-130bpm) well and once she gets a taste of the Euros she will stay there

Jitters

His first album was much more than just hooks.. Listen to it again.. Even had different bpms.. She does the poppy "4 beat" (120-130bpm) well and once she gets a taste of the Euros she will stay there

I never listened to the whole thing. What I heard was too crappy.

Any new stuff I should listen to?

Only album/tape I have got this year is ASAP.
Well, normally I would tell people to just go take a look at the OP but since I'm feeling real good try out good kid, mAAd city by Kendrick Lamar.

Curren$y's New Jet City is a pretty good mixtape.

Action Bronson's Rare Chandeliers is good too.

A lot of people really liked Roc Marciano's Reloaded. I personally haven't tried it yet but it gets GAF-Hop's approval.

Wasn't really feeling the Priest Andretti tape tbh, seems like currency is going downhill. I'll give it a try though.

Also, something about Macklemore makes me want to avoid him. Especially now that he is popular and my non hip-hop head friends are enjoying him. ( I am disgusting and pretentious I guess.)
Priest Andretti <<< New Jack City. Minus the sound quality of the tracks, it sort of makes you forget that Priest Andretti ever existed. Doesn't beat Cigarette Boats though.

goodfella

Wasn't really feeling the Priest Andretti tape tbh, seems like currency is going downhill. I'll give it a try though.

Also, something about Macklemore makes me want to avoid him. Especially now that he is popular and my non hip-hop head friends are enjoying him. ( I am disgusting and pretentious I guess.)

Well, normally I would tell people to just go take a look at the OP but since I'm feeling real good try out good kid, mAAd city by Kendrick Lamar.

Yeah, that was pretty lazy of me, I am sorry.

A lot of people really liked Roc Marciano's Reloaded. I personally haven't tried it yet but it gets GAF-Hop's approval.

Ok I haven't listened to Reloaded either, I'll give that a go.

Macca

Alright, so because we're talking dat real hip hop now, who really is the GOAT?

Pitbull or Flo-Rida?

Personally I gotta go with Mr Worldwide, dude has so much to say, and spits like there's no tomorrow.

Pitbull because homey looked like Matt Hardy when he was younger.

young+pit+wit+hair.jpg

And because of Dammit Man.

goodfella

Pitbull or Flo-Rida?

Personally I gotta go with Mr Worldwide, dude has so much to say, and spits like there's no tomorrow.

Flo-Rida because I am subjected to his music less.

Blackace

Pitbull or Flo-Rida?

I like Pitbull for what he is worth..

Flo-Rida gets annoying.. But they need to make an album together for the win

Pitbull had more good songs.

Culo FTW
I enjoy every single song with that same beat equally

I thought I was the only one who noticed like a dozen songs had that same beat! Everytime I thought it would be culo but nope, it was another random spanish-english song

T Dollarz

Kendrick Lamar - GKMC 9.5/10
Curren$y - New Jet City 8/10
Action Bronson - Rare Chandeliers 9/10
Roc Marciano - Reloaded 9/10

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what do people think about that No Love Lost? I'm curious what fans and haters alike think, since it's a pretty different project from the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom