• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
JZA the genius >>> GZA, I can go pound for pound on this. GZA can rap and freestyle better then him but Jeezy's songwriting (the whole package - beats, lyrics, hook) will bury GZA

He calls himself that, I should know I listen to him everyday

Liquid Sword > Young Jeezy's putrid existence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick's survivability in the game depends on how he handles these next few months. Hopefully he learned a thing or two from Cole and he keeps a bit more momentum rolling, but doesn't OD on features either. At least compared to Cole he seems to be much more lax about who he collaborates with and how much, so that's to his advantage.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The Weeknd hits a dark spot that Frank doesnt.
Exactly. I listen to The Weeknd more because he's laying right next to me in that puddle of vomit and misery at 3AM.

I be like Frank, shut up with that cheery shit. My shit's fucked up.

Cudder

Listened to House of Balloons in the morning, Thursday on the way to work, and I'm gonna listen to Echoes on the way home.

Trilogy

I don't know when we'll start hearing about Weeknd's debut album, but I hope it's not too far off.

cryptic

Yo these guys after shyne are fucked up. You don't just walk out the bink like that and find yourself back to tops. Guys aren't listening to his interviews, he give's legitimate reason for why his return to form has been slow.

I admit what he said about the honorable kendrick lamar should have been kept to himself and not broadcast, but it happened. Game put on his shoes, but what shyne spit, if you actually listen and get past the voice, were some pretty fucking hot bars.

It's a shame this guy isn't given a fair shake at all because everyone need's another outlet.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo these guys after shyne are fucked up. You don't just walk out the bink like that and find yourself back to tops. Guys aren't listening to his interviews, he give's legitimate reason for why his return to form has been slow.

I admit what he said about the honorable kendrick lamar should have been kept to himself and not broadcast, but it happened. Game put on his shoes, but what shyne spit, if you actually listen and get past the voice, were some pretty fucking hot bars.

It's a shame this guy isn't given a fair shake at all because everyone need's another outlet.
Well your username is about perfect

cryptic

I feel hated on, cast out, shunned, and distraught.

What Des, I can't read books now, I just ate oatmeal and eggs with cottage cheese, I don't speak no more cause I feel that speak's enough of the struggle itself, Shaq don't know.

I don't know when we'll start hearing about Weeknd's debut album, but I hope it's not too far off.

House Of Balloons is his debut album, Thursday is his sophomore release and Echoes of Silence is his third.

There's no difference at all between an actual album and those three "mix tapes" so they are albums.

cacophony

wicked games is the only weeknd track ive really been able to get into, that song is ridiculous. when i listen to his other stuff though i find it kind of boring. I like the more structured/'singles' stuff he does.

Cudder

House Of Balloons is his debut album, Thursday is his sophomore release and Echoes of Silence is his third.

There's no difference at all between an actual album and those three "mix tapes" so they are albums.

Um, no? Those 3 were independently released mixtapes. His debut studio album is forthcoming, now that he is on a major.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Very cool, hope he makes something of this. It's always nice to see someone who actually wants to be a part of the rap industry succeed and take advantage of the opportunities he's been given (you hear that Jay Electronica, you ungrateful bitch ass).

Hahahahah Yea man... He is moving pretty fast... His tour with Joe Budden starts tomorrow. Funk Flex just tweeted out some of his music and has been going back and forth with him. Flex also Just put a new video on his website

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2012/11/13/video-tsu-surf-tales-of-a-hustler-freestyle/

here is the direct link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piukIkVgvXI

IrishNinja

i have no dog in the weekend/hocean race

Liquid Sword > Young Jeezy's putrid existence.

Nah breh. Jeezy is catchy and good in a lot of ways but the Genius made that life changing rap. Some of the greatest imagery, concepts, wordplay, and overall artistic package to ever get put on wax. The GZA's best work makes everything Jeezy ever made look basic and shallow in comparison, forgettable and retread several times over.

+1, detox lost
i came around to TM101 but this comparison makes as much sense as saying "T.I. > RAKIM" just to say some shit

oh god/mediumsean

wait doesnt that just mean 2chainz stays home & TI tags in?

that shyne be the GOAT and wayne was lucky to have him bless the outro of tha carter 4?

had to wiki that first name, still forgot

Waka's Uncle produced a Slick Rick album?

Goddamn, great interview.

huh, learn something new errday

R.I.P. to ODB

aw fuck that was earlier today wasn't it? RIP big baby jesus, there truly was no father to ya style

Cocaine 80's is very mediocre.

the lows are, but the highs (six feet over, anywhere but here etc) are quite high for me

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
2 Chainz wasnt on the album version of clique

They just tacked a TI verse on it seems

Um, no? Those 3 were independently released mixtapes. His debut studio album is forthcoming, now that he is on a major.

So cause they were released independently they aren't albums even though they are constructed exactly like an album, flow like an album, have about as many tracks as an album, and length wise is like most albums?

I don't get how mixtapes aren't albums now when they are pretty much albums. I guess I'm just weird since I also consider Section 80 an album which is why it baffles me that GKMC is called his debut. I guess I'm just weird.

T Dollarz

So cause they were released independently they aren't albums even though they are constructed exactly like an album, flow like an album, have about as many tracks as an album, and length wise is like most albums?

I don't get how mixtapes aren't albums now when they are pretty much albums. I guess I'm just weird since I also consider Section 80 an album which is why it baffles me that GKMC is called his debut. I guess I'm just weird.

Section.80 is an independent album. GKMC is a major label debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom