• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I don't smoke weed, love currensy.
Ditto. Haven't smoked in forever but I might take a break and sneak a bowl this weekend. Maybe. Tolerance is pretty low by now so it will be great.

i just realized CRS is the ultimate battered wife hip hop stan. cudi, blu, lupe, bone thugs etc etc

the only way he could suffer any more from stockholm syndrome is if he was a Nas fan. so i guess then he'd be spindashing.
Ha. No wonder I've been listening to so much dark shit. Nothing but tears lately.

cacophony

LVL grew on me a lot. I don't think it's lazy.. i like the way it kinda grooves. good song to zone out too

Hell on the other hand..................

mooooose

No I love Clams, but was trying to dissipate some of the frenzy for him and I think if people were to listen to some of his contemporaries they would realize how lazy the LVL beat actually was.
It wasn't that Lazy and the song you posted was significantly worse than any song on any of Clams's mixtapes sooooooooooooo

INDICUD
90a2e46d7c42879ac95632d178d132ec.png

Wait hold on where's King Wizard ?

PBY

Banned
Going back to gaf hop ot 1- man a lot of ppl were hyped for lasers lol. And Toku pumped for slaughterhouse. Hope for jay elec. it's amazing.

Tokubetsu

Going back to gaf hop ot 1- man a lot of ppl were hyped for lasers lol. And Toku pumped for slaughterhouse. Hope for jay elec. it's amazing.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

- A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)

PBY

Banned
"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

- A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
Damn lol you are the same dude hyping a wale tape for all of gaf. Toku juju is all fucked up.

PBY

Banned
From the Wale thread,

Huh.
J Cole, Wale, and Slaughterhouse were bringing real hip hop back. Those were different times. Lupe and Cudi were gaf hop darlings then.

Y'all remember this when 4 years from now TDE is making pop crossovers and shilling for soft drinks. :(

CRS

Y'all remember this when 4 years from now TDE is making pop crossovers and shilling for soft drinks. :(

They'll be working in a fast food joint. Jay Rock would be flipping burgers in the back barely noticeable, Ab-Soul handing out nutrition sheets at the door, Q will have his face under the ice cream dispenser eatin', and Kendrick will be out in the street with a huge sign attracting people to the restaurant.

Booya

Neo Member
TI and DJ Toomp

I'll bow to others in this thread because they'll have more knowledge than I but I wanted to get that in there

Thanks!

Any recommends where to start with Rick Ross or Gucci? Or just go through all those LP's chronologically? Any Mixtapes that i should get ?

HiiiLife

Never really got into Clipse. I just barely got into Pusha's music a couple months ago.

Who would y'all prefer between No Malice and Pusha?

I'm feeling Smoke & Mirrors.

HiiiLife

Trying something new and decided to play the Joe Budden album on Spotify, and well, I haven't stopped it yet. Haha. I think I'm lowkey digging this.

Never listened to his past albums so I wouldn't even know what to compare this to.

thabiz

J.PERIOD Presents... #RAGEISBACK
1. This Is the Story of… (Intro)
2. Rage Is Back (J.PERIOD Exclusive) f. Black Thought
3. New York State of Mind (Interlude) f. Alicia Keys & Nas
4. Run New York (J.PERIOD ReFix) f. Nas & Angel Haze
5. Hard (J.Period Monumental ReFix) f. Styles P, Sean Price & General Steele
6. Borough Check f. Biz Markie
7. Style Was DNA (Audiobook) f. Danny Hoch
8. Wrong Side (J.PERIOD Exclusive) f. The Kid Daytona
9. Invocate Freestyle (J.PERIOD Exclusive) f. Blu
10. Herb Man Trafficking f. Welton Irie
11. Police In Helicopter Dub
12. Billy Rage Is Back (Audiobook) f. Danny Hoch
13. Sound Boy Killing (Remix) f. Mega Banton
14. Killing a Soundboy (J.PERIOD ReFix) f. The Notorious B.I.G.
15. Toolz of the Trade f. Smif’N’Wessun
16. Teach the Youth (Interlude) f. GURU
17. Hip Hop (Interlude) f. Common
18. The Next Chapter (Still Love H.E.R.) f. Common [Produced by J.PERIOD]
19, The Traveller f. Talib Kweli [Produced by J.PERIOD]
20. What Makes An MC (Interlude) f. Q-Tip
21. 1Nce Again (J.PERIOD ReFix) f. A Tribe Called Quest
22. Street Dreams (J.PERIOD ReFix) f. Nas
23. One Love (J.PERIOD ReFix) f. Nas
24. The Lord Giveth (Audiobook) f. GZA
25. Wu-Banger (Mathematics Mix) f. Wu-Tang Clan
26. It’s Working (Interlude)