• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

khaled4au87.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
lot of good stuff dropped today, but Ghost and Gibbs dropped the best imo.

If Ghost drops his solo this and Doomstarks this year.... life would be more than good

EliCash

Gaf bro's, hate to be that guy and not sure if this is the place (never posted here) but I need hip hop recommendations. Classic albums, like an idiots guide. I know very little about hip hop, all I know is that I love the absolute shit out of Nas's Illmatic and A Tribe Called Quest (esp. Low End Theory).

I have a bunch of hip hop playlists and I could post songs that I like but very few albums (and I know practically nothing about the artists behind the songs on these playlists) There's definitely a style of hip hop I like, I like old school stuff, anything jazzy. Right now I'm exploring stuff online based on the songs I like but it's completely random, so any help would be appreciated.

Recently listened to MF Doom for the first time (MM...FOOD to be specific) that impressed me, still is impressing me. So yea, where to from here? And I'll have a look at the top ten lists in the OP.

Gaf bro's, hate to be that guy and not sure if this is the place (never posted here) but I need hip hop recommendations. Classic albums, like an idiots guide. I know very little about hip hop, all I know is that I love the absolute shit out of Nas's Illmatic and A Tribe Called Quest (esp. Low End Theory).

I have a bunch of hip hop playlists and I could post songs that I like but very few albums (and I know practically nothing about the artists behind the songs on these playlists) There's definitely a style of hip hop I like, I like old school stuff, anything jazzy. Right now I'm exploring stuff online based on the songs I like but it's completely random, so any help would be appreciated.

Recently listened to MF Doom for the first time (MM...FOOD to be specific) that impressed me, still is impressing me. So yea, where to from here? And I'll have a look at the top ten lists in the OP.

Check this thread has some great suggestions
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=511411&highlight=classic+hip+hop+albums

theres a link above my post but listen to Pharcyde's first 2 albums, easy listening with great rhymes and beats. great for newcomers too.

EliCash

CRS

Thanks, I should have searched for such a thread.

Yea I've heard and liked a couple of Pharcyde songs, I'll check out the first two albums, cheers.
Check the OP. There's posts from every regular and then some with their favorite ten albums. And there is a collection of top 20/25 from those posts.

Pharcyde's first album is amazing and highly recommended.

mooooose

This Ghostface track was very good. Not amazing but VERY good. One of his better songs in a LONG time.

I haven't heard many memorable lines from him in a long time, but "Ghostface attacks on land and now arial" was very good.

I want something as impactful as "I slap box with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph".

mooooose

Oh WOW I just read the context for the Ghostface album, it's a concept album, and in context that song is 1000000x even cooler. It's basically "Tony Starks" is reading a comic book and writes raps about becoming "Ghostface Killah". I'm assuming that song is the intro. Wow, this is exactly what I want from Ghostface, if that is the case. The chorus made me roll my eyes at "bodies chopped into zip locs" because I hate coke rap Ghostface (but I love drugged out gangster GFK on OB4CL1), but otherwise, the song is really good, especially in context.

Call me faithful but.... I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW GHOSTFACE ALBUM!!! YES, ME.

mooooose

Okay, who the fuck manages Justin Timberlake? This is the most amazing and calculated comeback I've ever seen in ANYTHING. Drops ambiguous teasers, then drops a neo soul pop song that is pretty good and someone gets EVERYONE excited about it after 80%+ didn't give a shit about him anymore, then releases ANOTHER song, announces the release date of his album, shows an interesting and visually distinct cover, has a distinct and clear "vision" sonically and visually for the album, and releases an amazing video directed by David Fincher for a very catchy song.

Who the fuck is this guy's manager? The only person with a better manager is Tyler the Creator, Frank Ocean, and the whole OF. Justin is fucking blowing up at a marvelous rate.

CRS

That's cause he's a great musician. Being good does have something to do with it. But yeah, kudos to his management team.

Also, I hate saying this now but Russian Roulette is the rap game's The Wall.

CRS

The cohesiveness of each album's respective concept. Even though The Wall's concept has a lot deeper meaning (or a meaning at all), I can't help but be reminded of it every time I listen to Russian Roulette. They pacing of the albums, the audio skits, and the repeat of certain audio elements on top of everything else makes it easy to compare the two albums really easily for me. If I start listening to a song in between the album, I have to try really hard not to play the rest of the album or start from the very beginning. It's crazy how much I enjoy and stan the album.

Trey

The OP has what you need.

mooooose

Kitty Pryde's mixtape is really underrated. Her delivery is obnoxious and annoying but it definitely grew on me. I still hate that she is successful when others aren't but whatever.

ZZZZ...She gotta salty he tried to fuck her? What did she think he wanted from her? Stop playing games.

I knew you would react like this
so did i

Kitty Pryde's mixtape is really underrated. Her delivery is obnoxious and annoying but it definitely grew on me. I still hate that she is successful when others aren't but whatever.

I really like "scout finch bitch." The back and forth with Antwon halfway through the song is hilarious.

I want to listen to that clipping tape but I feel guilty for putting 0 on an artist's bandcamp page. I just can't do it, I'd rather have it just say free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom