• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
back.png

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18802/young_dolph_blue_magic.html

mooooose

Heems is so inconsistent. He's great in a group dynamic but overall his solo shit sucks. He just gets high and puts in 0 effort most times.

ok it's been a few days, what's the verdict on that Dice Game album from Appolo Brown/Guilty Simpson? I'm hesitant to get it because while I love Appolo Brown, I'm not a fan of Guilty. I still remember getting that mehhhh album he did with Madlib...

Dude is just such a basic rapper. He has some good verses (like on Alchemist's album, and a few on the Random Axe album) but I can't really fuck with him for prolonged periods of time.

THANK you. I'm so tired of people gassing Guilty up. To me he deserves little to none of the attention he gets. I honestly feel the same way about Black Milk, some undeserved hype from underground cats there. I'd probably not care if people hadnt put them on so hard a few years back i guess tho.

Guilty is more delivery and voice than technique. He can make anything sound dope. I admit, OJ Simpson was disappointing aside from a few tracks but I love Ode to the Ghetto and his features on anything Dilla. Dice Game is a serious contender for my AOTY 2012 and to me Guilty is easily in the Detroit Top 3.

kamspy

Detroit top three?

I'm probably missing some, bu last time I checked only good rappers from Detroit were Guilty, Elzhi and Royce.

PBY

Banned
Hold up, by some of yall's measure, Watch the Throne was a mixtape for a week.

Made me think My Hoes Do Drugs got a video. Stop hating man.

SOTY is a runaway. King L is on some Beatles, Led Zeplin shit with My Hoes Do Drugs. Shit's timeless.

But... he raps about how he can make coke in 8 minutes.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This is why we get along, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Yeah did nothing for me almost made me give up on the new west movement

I agree but at the same time Section.80 showed a lot of promise, even though it's not my thing at all.
Didn't show me much

Pretty listless for all the praise it got

Truth. I don't remember many people hating on it last year outside of Toku. IIRC I had it in my top 5 last year
Me and Siddx have all voiced how boring we thought te album was
Ignorant 27 is sounding straight ratchet. I fuck with it. lol.

edit: yooo @ the transition from the basic bitches joint, to the kendrick song.

Hey someone listened to it!

kamspy

Peter, I'm still stealing internet from my apartment neighbors, video didn't even load. lol. I can't even direct download mixtapes.

Which btw, would love to see a torrent link for Bronson tomorrow.

Oh yes. Hip hop fans will eat tomorrow. At least those of us who don't share a 5mbps connection with 17 other devices. Yeah, I got in their router found out I wasn't the only one. I mac block everyone if I really need to. Just scared if I do it too much they'll catch on and actually set up their router. If there's no torrent link for Bronson by the time I get off work I'm kicking all the freeloaders in my building off that connection while it downloads.

EDIT: How the fuck I forget the best Detroit rapper. Damn. Good catch Esch.

Macca

Hey someone listened to it!
Ima listen to it later today.

Listened to WCW 13, Ignorant 26 and Busta yesterday. 26 was great, really good shit.

Busta Mix really surprised me, nice mix of stuff on there. Dude really does kill features. I liked it more than the Luda mix.

Yes, Guilty has been generic as hell with bog standard word play his whole career. Danny is infinitely better, and will continue to produce quality hip hop music for a while.

If only word play was the only thing making a good rapper Rihanna Biggums might actually qualify.

kamspy

So, I listen to all my music in my car off my phone now. I'm pretty lazy about updating it, and had to really scratch the bottom of the barrel on the way to work this morning.

Gave the Slaughterhouse album a real focused listen and..... fucking LOL!!!!

I couldn't have trolled a more hilarious track list / producer list! You can't even make jokes about how bad that album came out. I thought it was decent after a few casual listens when it came out. But fucking-A, the first song is a Alexxx da Kiddd and Sklyar Grey.

I ain't even going to say it, but y'all missing the elephant in the room on your lists

Nope. Pretty sure we aren't. The songs from Big Sean's septic tank pretty much shit on Em's whole ""Rap"" ""Career""(sic).

Blackace

Ima listen to it later today.

Listened to WCW 13, Ignorant 26 and Busta yesterday. 26 was great, really good shit.

Busta Mix really surprised me, nice mix of stuff on there. Dude really does kill features. I liked it more than the Luda mix.

WCW 13 is epic to me

26 also bangs

I think I like Luda's shit talking more
He pretty much gave up rapping about the struggle since he is stupid rich these days
I respect that

Esch

Banned
If only word play was the only thing making a good rapper Rihanna Biggums might actually qualify.

Danny tells better stories, makes superior concept albums and songs, has a more distinct rapping style, a better sense of humor, larger subject variety than Guilty. There is pretty much no area in which he's a better rapper or artist than Danny Brown.

And im not even a stan.

kamspy

Little known fact, but Kendrick Lamar's "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" was originally titled "Mitch, Don't Kill My High", written about Lakers GM.

You can hear it in the lyrics. Dre changed the hooked. Endorsements and shit. Listen to it, and just change the hook. Fits too well.

Detox

You gunna try tell us Jeezy is the best artist out of Detroit next?
Let me check:
I was born in the Field raised in Atlanta
Pop bust a nut here so I was made in Atlanta (ha ha)
Mat Lou died so I stayed in Atlanta
Had a plug on the squares got paid in Atlanta

Shit, I know every fucking bar, 7 months ago I would have been called a backpacker. I don't even know what happened I must have dozed off on the train and when I woke up go crazy was playing and I was like wtf is this amazing shit.

Blackace

Let me check:
I was born in the Field raised in Atlanta
Pop bust a nut here so I was made in Atlanta (ha ha)
Mat Lou died so I stayed in Atlanta
Had a plug on the squares got paid in Atlanta

Shit, I know every fucking bar, 7 months ago I would have been called a backpacker. I don't even know what happened I must have dozed off on the train and when I woke up go crazy was playing and I was like wtf is this amazing shit.

Wtf happened in this post

Detox

I haven't even listened to TI like that. People directed me to Gucci when I asked for more, fuck Gucci bipolar ice cream cone, it's like going from Illmatic to Nastradamus. Will check those out thanks

Ace I don't know what happened, all I know is in my heart Jeezy is #2 of all time but I'm saving face by saying he is in my top 10

PBY

Banned
I haven't even listened to TI like that. People directed me to Gucci when I asked for more, fuck Gucci bipolar ice cream cone, it's like going from Illmatic to Nastradamus. Will check those out thanks

Are you asking for trap albums? Wha- I don't even know?

kamspy

Stick with those two. Rest are decent to trash. Debut album was kinda unpolished. His first three albums follow the ATCQ cycle to a tee.

EDIT: and holy shit you gotta see Jeezy live Detox (everyone really). I've seen pretty much every rapper out there outside of some new cats. Jeezy was (shockingly, expected a lame show) one of the best shows I've ever been to.

No homies, no hype men. Just an intimate 2 hours with Young Jeezy. I'll never miss another Jeezy show as long as I live. He can hold his own on stage waaaay better than I expected. Dude is charismatic as fuck on stage too.

Blackace

Ace I don't know what happened, all I know is in my heart Jeezy is #2 of all time but I'm saving face by saying he is in my top 10

If you think he is number 2 then fuck saving face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom