• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
1e925b76798e11e2850422000a1f9a85_7.jpg

The greatest recognizing the greatest, two of the greatest sharing in laughs and drinks. Beyonce's hair showin it's real roots and lookin like a mop

right gaf? /trollface

HiResDes

Backseat freestyle is grossly overrated

It's not even highly rated so I don't know what you're talking about...It's good for what it is like that raunchy scene in a John Singleton film that makes the whole seem much deeper in comparison...It serves its purpose.

Damn. I'm all for getting that money and all, but this is a bad move. You got a lot of fans of the NBA who saw that promo, and most likely want to get the song as well. There going to be a little turned off when the y hear the actual lyrics of the song, but it could be part of a plan to make them hear the actual song...But I don't think Macklemore is that clever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's not even highly rated so I don't know what you're talking about...It's good for what it is like that raunchy scene in a John Singleton film that makes the whole seem much deeper in comparison...It serves its purpose.

Its overrated here for damn sure. A lot of songs serve a purpose. Doesn't make them good

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The greatest recognizing the greatest, two of the greatest sharing in laughs and drinks. Beyonce's hair showin it's real roots and lookin like a mop

right gaf? /trollface

at least drake knows his place....

But really though come on man you serving him in public? more evidence Drake has no understanding of what it takes to be a rapper outside of rhyming words.

cdyhybrid

Its overrated here for damn sure. A lot of songs serve a purpose. Doesn't make them good

Yo I liked both ignorant35 and 36!

I liked the song selection better on 36, but that's not necessarily a criticism, just means you picked some of my favorite songs that round. One thing I was wondering about, did the right side sound go out at times on 36? I remember it happened on Faded in particular and another song or two, but it might just be on my end.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Any of you guys ever taken a girlfriend or wife to a rap concert? Interested to hear how it went. Probably taking mine who isn't a rap fan, seems like it would be fun either way though.

Nah bro. I would be too concerned that my wife would be ready to leave after half an hour. She is not a big rap fan, so I would only take her to something mainstream like Jay-Z. P

That Drake/Jay-Z pic is classic, though Beyonce doesn't look amused.

IrishNinja

Only hopes of Deck ever dropping a decent solo drowned in that flood in RZAs basement.

Hey man, you never know what being irrelevant and possibly broke might do for an old vet's career. Deck's bars are still intact too, just like Nas's.

Listening to this in the car today.

that ghost track. DAMN! that beat. bonkers.

2013 has officially started.

HYYYPPPPEEE

eh you cant expect any artist to drop anything classic so late in their career. especially the rap game which is hyperfocused on youth and the issues of dudes 30 and younger. im not saying rap cant BE for older audiences. we saw flashes of what contemporary adult hip hop can look like with Life is Good and even WTT, its just that rappers dont wanna act their age and typically move down to the younger guys for success. it looks real awkward when dudes like Bun B and Rae who have been in the game for decades are hungrier and more productive in terms of output than lots of youngins on the come up. If Ghostface realizes this for good and puts coke game raps behind him for good, he'd benefit immensely. Same with even a guy like Pusha, who has no relateability whatsoever. playing a mafioso character is played out. apart from a couple guys nobody believes any of these guys are drug lord rap stars with tons of young bitches on their dicks. some of them clearly never were. most of them are probably poorer than us and struggling to make ends meet. time for these old dusty heads to grow out of their 2nd childhoods. sadly, none of them will and the market of older hip hop fans who are largely unable to identify eith modern, southern based rap but purchased albums like WTT, Life is Good, Blueprint 3, GKMC etc etc will go unexploited

this is a good post, but if ghost moved past coke game, what would be his go-to subject matter, besides fucking and whining about pussy? id love to hear more the champ type shit myself

also it's not often but jigga proved you can veer too far in the other direction with kingdom come

Zeus Molecules

What it takes to be a rapper outside of rhyming skills in 2013......lol

*sigh

it's really not that serious tho...

when I grew up it would of been.... *double sigh

Lol, he's joking around I'm sure. I am starting to understand his sarcasm and such

99.9% of the time this is true

However when I grew up rappers had weed carriers, they would be the equivalent of an executive personal assistant.... anyhow the serving of drinks were handled by them. As a rapper you had to act like a ceo and not get caught doing the job of an executive assistant. Thats all I am saying.

hubes

at least drake knows his place....

But really though come on man you serving him in public? more evidence Drake has no understanding of what it takes to be a rapper outside of rhyming words.

but yo drake bought drinks for like 6 people in jays row.. someone only snapped a picture of him giving it to jay tho. i mean he got j.cole a drink.. it aint serious.

IrishNinja

snoop's name change aint duckin that IRS tho, needs to get that shirt sorted...i hear mary j is on the same tip. its like people aint seen what happened to blade

My old ass like Kingdom Come though. Forever Young from BP3 is my guilty jam, too.

i love my 30s but they aint the new 20s nahmean

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
snoop's name change aint duckin that IRS tho, needs to get that shirt sorted...i hear mary j is on the same tip. its like people aint seen what happened to blade

i love my 30s but they aint the new 20s nahmean

True, but fuck my 20s. Shit's only getting better for me, the older I get. Fuck youth.

...sorry Domino, nothing personal bro

I HATE forever Young. Jay-z Flow on it is so disgusting. It just sounds all weird and shit. Also, that podcast really was great and now that I listen to it. I just was reminded that I keep forgetting to check out that Antwon :(. Bout to right now.

kamspy

I like Started From the Bottom a lot.

Didn't even listen to it for the first time til about a week ago, but that beat goes.

Drake cycle begins again.

The ""street single"" drops, most people are indifferent to it. I liked Headlines more than most of gaf hop too.

Then a lil more from the album leaks and for the week before and after the leak Drake is some kind of hip hop R&B crossover savant, even to the people who hate on him 100% during the other 50 weeks of the year.

2 months after the album drops everyone but the canadians and the stans still care about it.

But for those 2 weeks man....

HiResDes

I liked Headlines and I liked Take Care. If you have no shame listening to the Weeknd, why act like listening to Take Care is any different?

Yeah Forever Young is terrible. Could never understand people getting behind that track. Even as lame crossover attempt it was awful. Got played on the radio over here. People liked it, but god damn that track was bad.

PBY

Banned
Got through about..ehh 30 minutes of the podcast, listening to this awesome, chill bedroomesque background music in the back. I thought CRS had done that, but I had just left Hudmo's Vday mix on in the back.

yall sound real good over babymaking music.

kamspy

I liked Headlines and I liked Take Care. If you have no shame listening to the Weeknd, why act like listening to Take Care is any different?

I've never been really pro or anti Drake. Pretty sure my opinion has always been he's dope when he stays in his lane. Take Care was pretty high on my AOTY list iirc.

But maybe a month after it came out it pretty much fell entirely out of rotations. It's like dude's music is a really fast burn.

Speaking of Weeknd though, I don't listen to FM radio (Dan Patrick is da gawd), but I was riding in someone else's truck at work today and the Wiz played Wicked Games twice in like 3 hours. I was kinda shocked. Last time I had the Wiz on it was YMCMB and T Pain a-likes 24/7.

Zeus Molecules

but yo drake bought drinks for like 6 people in jays row.. someone only snapped a picture of him giving it to jay tho. i mean he got j.cole a drink.. it aint serious.

Its not that its serious but it shouldn't happen... I can't explain it cause like someone said its 2013 rappers aren't about stuff besides rhyming words... 8 years ago that picture ends up being 2 bars at least in a diss song. Maybe Pusha will do it but I doubt it.

True, but fuck my 20s. Shit's only getting better for me, the older I get. Fuck youth.

...sorry Domino, nothing personal bro

Yeah my 20's are about to end soon. They were great at the start but haven't been shit for a while. I hear as a man life gets better as you age until your old so I hoping its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom