• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
If I could have a mixtape or album filled with songs as good or better than that juicy j/weeknd song. It would become an insta aoty ( for me anyways ).

CRS

This shits on the PS4
The single cover showed more hardware than Sony's presentation did.

2 Chainz did it..

I guess. His track was just a sample though. They probably gave Weeknd the feature so 2 Chainz could use it. Juicy J sampled the Weeknd as well on Blue Dream & Lean and that still sounded like it was Weeknd's track. (That sample was on a much larger scale compared to 2 Chainz' song.)

That new Juicy J

drool.bmp

HiResDes

Okay just got finished listening to this mix courtesy of electronic GAF and it's pretty damn good.

Benji B – Exploring Future Beats

Tracklist

Slum Village – Climax [Good Vibe Recordings]
J Dilla – Body Movin’ (feat. J Rocc & Karriem Riggins) [BBE]
Tyga – Switch Lanes (feat. The Game) [Mixtape]
ASAP Ferg – Work [Sony]
Drake – Started From The Bottom [Young Money]
Pusha T – Take My Life (feat. Andrea Martin) [Mixtape]
Ryan Hemsworth – Colour And Movement [Wedidit]
Darkstar – You Don’t Need A Weatherman [Warp]
Anthony Naples – Pueblo [Trilogy Tapes]
DEVolution – My Friends [Black Butter Records]
Angel Lee & MJ Cole – What’s Your Name [WEA]
Luther Vandross – Never Too Much [Epic]
Juan Atkins – I Love You [Tresor]
Larry Heard – Mecurian Funk [Black Market]
Kassem Mosse – Broken Patterns [NonPlus]
KH – Text022 [Text Records]
Ron Trent – Blood and Fire
??? – Data Screen
Xavier Leon – Croak
Falcons – Vroom
Viktor Vaughn – Let Me Watch
Chrome Sparks – Marijuana
Kevin Lyttle – Turn Me On
Jojo & Different Sleep – Baby It’s U
Lana Del Rey & Cashmere Cat – National Anthem (Jamie What Edit)
Range – Tonight
Ja Rule – Between Me And You
Supreme Cuts – Ciroc Waterfalls
Drake – Started From The Bottom
???? – Secret of the Weapon
Mikky Ekko & Ryan Hemsworth – Pull Me Down
??? – Parade
Majora’s Mask – Healing The Great Fairy
Drake & Rick Ross – Lord Knows
Nosaj Thing – Light 3
Missy Elliot & Kaytranada – Sock It 2 Me
Kingdom – Stalker Ha [Night Slugs]
Emmanuel Moire – Lose It [Werk Discs]

cashman

Banned
this'll sound weird as shit, but Black Thought is like..."too consistent". Like, I dig dude, and definitely do think he's one of the greats, but he's like that all around player that can do everything well, but since he doesn't have one particular "hook", he's easy to forget about at times.

Or something like that. I'm tempted to bust out some shitty cliche sports commentator phrases to describe him (workmanlike! the quiet veteran!)

The Tim Duncan of rappers

I guess GKMC will eventually go Plat. Wow.

If he drops another single that could give him enough momentum to do it much sooner rather than later.

I think it'll stall before plat, but then again Kendrick will get a lot of grammy nods next year which will help. I'm still shocked at how well the album has done critically and commercially. I don't remember the last time a truly great non-Kanye album got the sales and reviews it deserved.

TI will go gold, impressive; he has a Pink song on the album that will get it over the mark soon, once it's released as a single.

Not bad for ASAP. Leak hurt as did him fucking up this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ripxtWSQFIs

This would have been huge if it was released and finished properly (and change the chorus to avoid massive radio edits); ASAP's verses sound like placeholders.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Got a house on a hill that cost a couple mill, juicy j got money like uncle Phil

Yes!

iavi

Oh god. That new Juicy J. that Weeknd Ft. That ridiculous production

Juicy J for president, if only cause he was the first artist able to hang with the weeknd on a track without being entirely overshadowed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Juicy J for president, if only cause he was the first artist able to hang with the weeknd on a track without being entirely overshadowed.

rofl... Weekend is aiight. The whole godly status Weekend gets here is baffling.

cdyhybrid

It gets better every time I listen to it. Definitely feels more like a Juicy J track than Weeknd though, IMO.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Never been a fan of the weekend and Juicy J outside of three 6 is always really hit or miss. He's probably the best worst rapper ever. Sometimes he sounds like he has severe brain damage, but I cant help but like him anyway.
But that song is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom