• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not like the production of Section 80 at all. It put me to sleep. The lyrics and topics are on point, but man most of those beats are boring. It's was background music to me at one point, and then, I paid attention to the album as a whole and realise that this kid is something special. Everything from him seems very honest.

Cudder

Did not like the production of Section 80 at all. It put me to sleep. The lyrics and topics are on point, but man most of those beats are boring. It's was background music to me at one point, and then, I paid attention to the album as a whole and realise that this kid is something special. Everything from him seems very honest.

I much prefer the production on Section 80 to GKMC. Sure some of the GKMC beats go hard. but you can find hard hitting beats pretty much anywhere. The jazzy, soulful beats on S80 are tops.

parasight

New Cities Aviv:
http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/black-pleasure-2

g3ltg.jpg

Not sure how I feel about his new sound. Digital Lows was my AOTY last year. He's got this weird obsession with an early 90's distorted sound. Haven't really warmed up to it since he released his singles up to this tape. Forever is still great. The bass on White is fucking rumbling on my headphones. The closing track, Not That I'm Anywhere, is really cool. Think it's going to take a few listens to really figure out how I feel about the tape.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Speaking of Madlib, Auditorium is a top 20 beat of all time. Get at me.

Put Ecstatic back on my phone and I have been listening to it tirelessly. This is one of those "perfect" songs without any flaws.

:( I copped all 12 of his beattapes. And I thought they were pretty awesome.

I loved the Brazil one, and the soul one...but those had little to do with Madlib. He literally stamped his name on obscure shit and sold it as a mixtape

Him and Blu must be smoking some potent Cali shit because they're brains have been fried over the years. Madlib's recent beats have been forgettable for the most part...

Madlib's Beat Konducta series has some of the greates beats ever but it's true that the last relevant work was In Search of Stoney Jackson in 2010. The EPs with Freddie Gibbs were good as well but Oh No has been putting a lot more work in lately.

PBY

Banned
Madlib's Beat Konducta series has some of the greates beats ever but it's true that the last relevant work was In Search of Stoney Jackson in 2010. The EPs with Freddie Gibbs were good as well but Oh No has been putting a lot more work in lately.

I mean... what does relevant mean? It was pretty experimental, but so what?

Detox

Peterboy I can see what you were going for with the intro but you might have been able to start even more barebones so there's more of a progression towards the final part when the drums kick in. As it stands it felt like you showed too much of your hand during the intro.

PBY

Banned
Peterboy I can see what you were going for with the intro but you might have been able to start even more barebones so there's more of a progression towards the final part when the drums kick in. As it stands it felt like you showed too much of your hand during the intro.
I tend to do this, I've been reading about music theory a lot, and my beats sometimes fail to build tension in part because of what you pointed out imho. Appreciate you listening.
What program do you use to make beats?

Ableton. I've tried pretty much all the other major ones though, so if you have a question shoot away.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Been thinking about getting into beat making for remixes and stuff

PBY

Banned
Been thinking about getting into beat making for remixes and stuff

I think you particularly might appreciate Ableton; its the most DJ friendly of all the programs. All of these programs are a bitch and half to learn though.

And Recon- you have a Maschine? jelly

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I need some angry, kill a motherfucker in front of his family then drive through the funeral music.

Any suggestions? Ace, got a mix for angry shit?

HiResDes

Okay wait a minute, I'm going to have to regress a bit. If Danny Brown isn't in your top three Detroit rapper list than you either you belong in the Socks and Sandals categorization and have "old-timers ear" or you're just completely ignorant of the man's already impressive catalog. I'm not going to lie, I am indeed a stan, but even Danny's lows are more entertaining than Guilty's "mediums". You can put Danny on a dead track and he'll give it a pulse. Guilty is basically an opiate to any track with a pulse. If you haven't heard The Hybrid along with XXX then you need to...

Hassan Mackey > Guilty Simpson even, quiet as kept.

Okay wait a minute, I'm going to have to regress a bit. If Danny Brown isn't in your top three Detroit rapper list than you either you belong in the Socks and Sandals categorization and have "old-timers ear" or you're just completely ignorant of the man's already impressive catalog. I'm not going to lie, I am indeed a stan, but even Danny's lows are more entertaining than Guilty's "mediums". You can put Danny on a dead track and he'll give it a pulse. Guilty is basically an opiate to any track with a pulse. If you haven't heard The Hybrid along with XXX then you need to...

7490016242_8344e0ba1f.jpg

PBY

Banned

^Spot on. Slum Village doesn't enter into the discussion at all?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think I can name more than 5 rappers from the D.

Royce, Trick Trick, Em, Danny Brown, Big Sean Don... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bizarre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom