• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
King was T.I.'s Beats, Rhymes and Life.

Has the last few drops of godly in him, but a lot of filler IMO.

I think all of TI's albums have filler to varying degrees, King was no different. But he had his highest highs on that album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
TI is another artist who doesn't really have a classic like Luda and Busta to me

kamspy

Mine are mostly on Trap Muzik. Lot of it was personal. Be Easy, Doin' My Job, etc. Plus best bangers in 24s and Rubber Band Man IMO.

24s will be a timeless club and car subwoofer song. Shit bangs on another level.

Someone really needs to try my Mitch Kupchak theory. The lyrics fit too well. Thank the kush for me figuring this out. It just made perfect sense after the Mike D hire. You can relate every bar almost to that of a sad Lakers fan.

kamspy

Oh, and to you new breed of Album vs Mixtape fangirls; you really don't consider Section.80, Covert Coup, Control System, HnC and Trap God albums?

Yeah. I like a lot of T.I's output but I don't think I'd ever label any of his albums a classic.

A lot of what they do for me is what I was doing at the time. I wouldn't say they'd be "universal" hip hop classics. Hate to sound corny, but in the streets when those albums came out, it was like a double dose of dope boy illmatic.

Blackace

Mine are mostly on Trap Muzik. Lot of it was personal. Be Easy, Doin' My Job, etc. Plus best bangers in 24s and Rubber Band Man IMO.

24s will be a timeless club and car subwoofer song. Shit bangs on another level.

Someone really needs to try my Mitch Kupchak theory. The lyrics fit too well. Thank the kush for me figuring this out. It just made perfect sense after the Mike D hire. You can relate every bar almost to that of a sad Lakers fan.

TI puts out bangers without a doubt but he puts out some bunk too

kamspy

Is that what you're asking? Similar sounding albums to Jeezy?

Think he's looking for that detail you get in Jeezy and old T.I. that it's not fake at all. It's stuff you wouldn't notice, but both of them really add some detail in there you wouldn't know unless you'd been there. Of course I'm not talking about the baller shit, just the struggle and making money best way you know how.

Dat photographic trap rap that Jeezy and old T.I. do best.

EDIT: Motivation is a GREAT choice Peterboy. Another one of my favorite T.I. joints. I'm skimming the albums I mentioned now and am having a hard time having filler, but thank's to a recent kush break I'm really enjoying myself!

kamspy

It's not tin foil if it's true. I've laid it out in a logical way that any reasonable human would force to accept if they accept mathematics. Don't feel like digging up one of the posts though.

Quake1028

With all the Busta talk lately, how is Genesis? I have that CD for some reason. Don't think I've ever given it a listen. Even worth it?

kamspy

My rule is if it feels like an album, its an album.

HnC is an album. It irks the shit out of me when Ace says Schoolboy has no album! lol

Those Weeknd albums? Well, they were albums. He's not making a debut. A follow up album to a concept triple album.

PBY

Banned
With all the Busta talk lately, how is Genesis? I have that CD for some reason. Don't think I've ever given it a listen. Even worth it?

I actually don't really like Busta all that much (I think he raps about NOTHING and lacks charisma), but I really don't think so. Its pretty hard to go through an entire Busta album imho.

Blackace

It's not tin foil if it's true. I've laid it out in a logical way that any reasonable human would force to accept if they accept mathematics. Don't feel like digging up one of the posts though.
I have seen your maths with the Wale album

kamspy

I have seen your maths with the Wale album

That's applied science. I went 3 for 3 with that theory before I got with a new girl kinda steady (though she began as test subject 3).

Also, noticed you said there's no classic Luda. I consider Back for the First Time a true, universal classic. No doubt. Then he went Nas (without going broke and losing the respect of all your peers who aren't stans).

Danny tells better stories, makes superior concept albums and songs, has a more distinct rapping style, a better sense of humor, larger subject variety than Guilty. There is pretty much no area in which he's a better rapper or artist than Danny Brown.

And im not even a stan.

XXX was good, he is pretty funny (I still laugh at I fire up the blunt and it tastes like Gumbo / hit the trees hard like George in the Jungle) just being unique and distinct doesn't make him any more appealing to me. At the end of the day I want to listen to some good songs and Danny more than not gets in the way of my enjoyment. Pac Blood is one of the few songs that I can listen more than a few times because he doesn't sound like a strangled puppy. He can spit some Ghostface or Biggie shit and I still wouldn't consider him better, a rapper's voice is his instrument and Danny's wasn't tuned in years.

Guilty might be basic but he still goes hard every time he gets the chance and gets you pumped up. To me, he just complements the songs perfectly, like the beat was made specifically with him in mind. He just makes fun music that doesn't have to sound complicated. I mean, we can walk technique and storytelling abilities all day but I just don't think that Danny makes any of that sound all that great.

kamspy

I kinda consider Danny as like a new Redman. Styles aren't exactly the same, but they are similar in enough way for me to make the connection first time I heard him. Danny goes more personal at times. I'd like to think Redman is always Redman though, and all his crazy shit on his albums is just how he lives.

If I could trade lives with any rapper in their prime, it'd probably be Redman. That guy understands how to live.

Blackace

That's applied science. I went 3 for 3 with that theory before I got with a new girl kinda steady (though she began as test subject 3).

Also, noticed you said there's no classic Luda. I consider Back for the First Time a true, universal classic. No doubt. Then he went Nas (without going broke and losing the respect of all your peers who aren't stans).

I like Chicken and Beer from Luda the best..

Blackace

Opening track on Back for the First time is one of the best opening tracks ever.

Plus, it had Hollow Man. That wrapped it up for me.

But yeah, Chicken and Beer was his It Was Written.

Luda always has the best opening tracks

Plus O'Reily beef

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Opening track on Back for the First time is one of the best opening tracks ever.

Plus, it had Stick em Up. That wrapped it up for me.

But yeah, Chicken and Beer was his It Was Written.

word of mouf's opening was pretty tough too

"The royal penis is clean your highness. Thank you, king shit Yeah motherfuckers!"

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
XXX was good, he is pretty funny (I still laugh at I fire up the blunt and it tastes like Gumbo / hit the trees hard like George in the Jungle) just being unique and distinct doesn't make him any more appealing to me. At the end of the day I want to listen to some good songs and Danny more than not gets in the way of my enjoyment. Pac Blood is one of the few songs that I can listen more than a few times because he doesn't sound like a strangled puppy. He can spit some Ghostface or Biggie shit and I still wouldn't consider him better, a rapper's voice is his instrument and Danny's wasn't tuned in years.

Guilty might be basic but he still goes hard every time he gets the chance and gets you pumped up. To me, he just complements the songs perfectly, like the beat was made specifically with him in mind. He just makes fun music that doesn't have to sound complicated. I mean, we can walk technique and storytelling abilities all day but I just don't think that Danny makes any of that sound all that great.

Listen to the Detroit State of Mind 3 and 4 tapes. There'll be the Danny you can enjoy. He didn't even have his current style back then.

I do wish he would go back to his gutter style more often, but lately I think he's thrown it away.

PBY

Banned
Listen to the Detroit State of Mind 3 and 4 tapes. There'll be the Danny you can enjoy. He didn't even have his current style back then.

I do wish he would go back to his gutter style more often, but lately I think he's thrown it away.

I'm kind of glad tbh. New Danny Brown>>

PBY

Banned
New Wale is nice. Looks like he's trying to find his identity again.

Nah. Wale's gonna be a split-personality rapper now, ala BOB. His albums are gonna have that MMG sheen, but his mixtapes are gonna be the less commercial stuff.

Cudder

just bought Food and Liquor II, haven't heard anything except Bitch Bad which I liked. Not a Lupe fan by any means. Let's see..

Detox

Think he's looking for that detail you get in Jeezy and old T.I. that it's not fake at all. It's stuff you wouldn't notice, but both of them really add some detail in there you wouldn't know unless you'd been there. Of course I'm not talking about the baller shit, just the struggle and making money best way you know how.

Dat photographic trap rap that Jeezy and old T.I. do best.

EDIT: Motivation is a GREAT choice Peterboy. Another one of my favorite T.I. joints. I'm skimming the albums I mentioned now and am having a hard time having filler, but thank's to a recent kush break I'm really enjoying myself!
This is exactly it. While Jeezy is talking about trapping he doesn't leave out anything and essentially turns it into what motivates him, what makes him passionate about what he does. The highs, the lows, regrets, mistakes are all there and he doesn't bullshit, make excuses or twist his way around them, he keeps it 100 all the time. I'm certain that he realises this and once his music clicks with you, motivation and passion are universal themes that you can apply to your life no matter what you do for a living. I've never had music speak to me like that, the adlibs almost hark back to traditional folk / tribal music where they are just making freeform sounds as part of the main song.

PBY

Banned
This is exactly it. While Jeezy is talking about trapping he doesn't leave out anything and essentially turns it into what motivates him, what makes him passionate about what he does. The highs, the lows, regrets, mistakes are all there and he doesn't bullshit, make excuses or twist his way around them, he keeps it 100 all the time. I'm certain that he realises this and once his music clicks with you, motivation and passion are universal themes that you can apply to your life no matter what you do for a living. I've never had music speak to me like that, the adlibs almost hark back to traditional folk / tribal music where they are just making freeform sounds as part of the main song.
Curious about how you'd feel about Port of Miami.

I actually might. First time I heard him was on that track on Jay Stay Paid or Contra with Elzhi and I thought he was just some hypeman having fun :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom