• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elzhi is the best Detroit rapper right now, period.

Hassan Mackey and Danny Brown are after him. Dusty McFly isn't horrible but he sounds like a wannabe trap rapper to me

Guilty Simpson is a basic rapper, totally forgettable

PBY

Banned
Elzhi is the best Detroit rapper right now, period.

Hassan Mackey and Danny Brown are after him. Dusty McFly isn't horrible but he sounds like a wannabe trap rapper to me

Guilty Simpson is a basic rapper, totally forgettable

Nope. And LOL at Dusty Mcfly. He got ethered on his own shit by both Sean Don himself and Danny Brown.

Also- I always confuse Ezhi with Eligh, just because of their names. And Eligh happens to be like 10x doper. Just a PSA.

PBY

Banned
Andre 3k
"I don't know what I'm doing"

"Things are kind of up in the air with me, and some days, I feel like yeah, I'll do it. Some days, I feel like, I don't. I don't know the future of music right now. I have no idea what I do. I honestly don't," he says. "I record and I write ideas. I think I'll always do that, for some reason. But I don't know if it will go to another artist or will it be my stuff or will it go to some movie? I don't know. I just kind of keep creating and hopefully, it'll fall into a slot."

"I miss creating all the time and I miss going with blinders on and not thinking about anything," says Andre, who was in New York City promoting a Gillette facial hair trimmer. "It's such a sad thing because now, people judge everything that I do. Because I don't do it much, they analyze every word and before, you could've had a shitty verse and people just forgot about it. So it's different now."

"My whole motivation is, I don't want to mess these people's songs up, more than anything than let me do something great," he said. "I try to do great, but it's just a different mind frame now. I don't sit around and rap everyday. I don't."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ings-are-up-in-the-air-20121114#ixzz2CEoFmOzA

CRS

Listen to any of those tapes while on your plane ride there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZFmBHeGns

lawd.png

Andre 3k
"I don't know what I'm doing"

"Things are kind of up in the air with me, and some days, I feel like yeah, I'll do it. Some days, I feel like, I don't. I don't know the future of music right now. I have no idea what I do. I honestly don't," he says. "I record and I write ideas. I think I'll always do that, for some reason. But I don't know if it will go to another artist or will it be my stuff or will it go to some movie? I don't know. I just kind of keep creating and hopefully, it'll fall into a slot."

"I miss creating all the time and I miss going with blinders on and not thinking about anything," says Andre, who was in New York City promoting a Gillette facial hair trimmer. "It's such a sad thing because now, people judge everything that I do. Because I don't do it much, they analyze every word and before, you could've had a shitty verse and people just forgot about it. So it's different now."

"My whole motivation is, I don't want to mess these people's songs up, more than anything than let me do something great," he said. "I try to do great, but it's just a different mind frame now. I don't sit around and rap everyday. I don't."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ings-are-up-in-the-air-20121114#ixzz2CEoFmOzA

That's fine, take your time. I don't believe he is the type of artist who needs to release something every 2 years anyway. Whatever direction he goes in, just hope it's good.

CRS

I think me getting close to an OutKast album got me really hyped on the album but then I realized that I didn't get that OutKast album.

Z-Ro and Gibbs should do a collab album.

Find it funny how Lil' B has the best beat of all time with I'm God but I can't see anyone else but Lil B over it so...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, Maschine Mikro. I love this thing.
Ahh you answered my question!
what makes it worse is that Young Chop is half Frauds age but twice as good.

Fraud is overrated..

I like his beats, don't me wrong. I really do. But he is this age's Diddy without the ability to flip it into millions

Linkhero1

I want to turn my car into a "rap car". Could you guys recommend me some good rap songs to listen to while cruising? I want some rap songs with some good beats.

HiResDes

Ahh you answered my question!

Fraud is overrated..

I like his beats, don't me wrong. I really do. But he is this age's Diddy without the ability to flip it into millions

Yes because quality equals sales

...Chop doesn't even have a quarter of Fraud's talent. He only knows one tempo, fuck it, he only knows one beat.

How's the Heems? My internet is terrible today so it's taking me forever to get it.

High highs, and low lows, but still super fun!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I want to turn my car into a "rap car". Could you guys recommend me some good rap songs to listen to while cruising? I want some rap songs with some good beats.
http://www.acemixes.com/mannie-fresh-mix/

try this
Yes because quality equals sales

...Chop doesn't even have a quarter of Fraud's talent. He only knows one tempo, fuck it, he only knows one beat.

High highs, and low lows, but still super fun!

Wasn't even talking about sales.. was talking about basically sampling an entire song and sprinkling a little something on it and calling it new..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom