• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

I'm actually not liking the upswing of mixtapes. It's diluting the albums worth. You used to get an album every few years. Now we get 2-3 releases a year.

its not even that. it's just that by the time the album drops these days we've heard everything a rapper has to say..

GKMC is what...the 3rd or 4th full length project for Kendrick?
when ASAP Rocky drops it'll basically be his 3rd.

shit, that's the main reason i'm surprised Chief Keef is coming out so fast.

http://www.sharebeast.com/5z7xynvndad5
^CDQ Kobe
Sounds different. Like the video version better

they brought the piano way up in the song. if that's the album version then i like it better. it sounds more like the preview now.

overcast

I'm actually not liking the upswing of mixtapes. It's diluting the albums worth. You used to get an album every few years. Now we get 2-3 releases a year.
Yeah, I can agree with this. My example would be Spitta, I love some of his releases. PT 1&2, CC are excellent . He just releases way too much music. 3 releases this year alone. Krit had a similar situation play out early in the year. 1 a year is good IMO. Black Hippy, Danny Brown, and J. Cole have it down pretty well. Some keep us waiting and some are doing some damn nice features.

Tokubetsu

its not even that. it's just that by the time the album drops these days we've heard everything a rapper has to say..

GKMC is what...the 3rd or 4th full length project for Kendrick?
when ASAP Rocky drops it'll basically be his 3rd.

shit, that's the main reason i'm surprised Chief Keef is coming out so fast.

they brought the piano way up in the song. if that's the album version then i like it better. it sounds more like the preview now.

I still think Kendrick peaked with Section 80 and I don't even like it that much. I'd just rather listen to it over most of GKMC. "Ignorace Is Bliss" off OD is still the best thing he's ever done though. It's his NY State of Mind. Ambitious song and he actually hits the mark.

overcast

I don't think I can see how one would like Section.80 and not like GKMC. They have different sounds, but to me it just felt like a natural evolution of Kendrick.

Going to co-sign on Ignorance is Bliss. First song that got me to listen to Kendrick.

Really the chorus of P&P 1.5 is a perfect summary of how Kendrick felt while making OD/Kendrick Lamar EP. The whole album is just basically being fed up with bullshit. I found the album really inconsistent but still has some really really great tracks. Been awhile since I've went back to it and listened to it completely.

Edit: That Mac Miller song....the beat is different from what I'd expect with Waka on it.

Speaking of that Exquire, I thought the EP was decent. Felt like he was just testing waters with producers though personally. I didn't really dig the track with Harry Fraud too much, it was decent, but eh to me it just didn't connect as the one with El-P, SGP, and BSBD.

That SGP beat was some interesting stuff honestly, I can see it being a bit hit or miss with some people. I honestly wasn't feeling the beat at first, but now I love the fuck out of it. Dude has some real potential when it comes to producing, that shit sounds so grimey.

The Message pt. 1 beat is hot as hell too, I like Exquire over that type of shit. He feels really comfortable over it. Don't really like pt. 2, but it works well as an ending song I guess.

I don't think I can see how one would like Section.80 and not like GKMC. They have different sounds, but to me it just felt like a natural evolution of Kendrick.

Definitely felt GKMC more than Sec80. Section 80 was just too slow for me, some good song but overall just an overwhelming meh. GKMC is fantastic though. For me GKMC is what Section 80 couldve been with a studio album budget and a major label behind it.

cacophony

HBS11.jpg

50 looks so pissed lol

thabiz

This. Its like a twitter feed now. We hear everything that pops into their mind. I dont want the half assed shit. Take some time, hammer out your ideas, then drop the hotness.

I'm not trying to paint a large swath to all artists, but its seems creativity has taken a back seat to reppin all the time.

You see it in this thread. Lots of complaints about weak beats or rhymes. Most of this stuff is just late night ideas or album scraps.

Probably why I liked Reloaded so much. You can hear the care and vision that went into it.

Detox

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong where both of them had to work with Chief Queef.
Jimmy Iovine programmed them to work with Chief and Young Chop.

Speaking of Chop he is one ugly fucker and I know he gets pussy but damn imagine the girls face when she sees him, a montage of their reactions would be comedy gold.

I should have been more clear: I am talking about Strange Clouds. Just not much on there I dig.

lol. I actually liked that album. It's not great or even that good but it has a few songs that I like.

also doesn't hurt that I got it for free on amazon.

This mixtape tho...

Quake1028

So my final opinion is The Final Adventure > The Solution. I think both are good, but I just like Murs better than Buckshot on these particular albums.

thabiz

Am i wrong for thinking Six Directions of Boxing is the best since Forever?

That guitar lick makes me smile every time it twangs.

Do you guys really want a deep introspective album from Bronson? Dude's not an artist, he's a symbol.

His best song, Thug Love Story 2012, is the definition of an introspective song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds10MDmfT-M

and another to a degree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDCSP9qcY8o

I'm not saying I want Action Bronson's GKMC. I just like when Action tackles a variety of topics, like on Dr. Lecter where he had a few funny tracks about losing weight, being under estimated, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom