• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I can't remember my first CD, but my first album that got me into hop and gaf hop would be this :

Qq9Zj.jpg

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
What made you get this? Just liked everything you heard or something? Just curious because most people who first album that got them into hip-hop are really well known and popular albums.
It was the first time I was reminded of 90s. At the time I didn't really care about music all that much because everything I heard on the radio was just not what I wanted. But after I heard auditorium. It just kinda clicked. Although I didn't enjoy the rest of the album as much.

Kinda sick atm, so dunno if that made sense or not.

It was the first time I was reminded of 90s. At the time I didn't really care about music all that much because everything I heard on the radio was just not what I wanted. But after I heard auditorium. It just kinda clicked. Although I didn't enjoy the rest of the album as much.

Kinda sick atm, so dunno if that made sense or not.

Ah okay, I can see that. Also, yeah Auditorium is the only song on that I really love off that album. It's been awhile since I've gone back to it though.

Esch

Banned
first hip hop album i got was this:

gza-genius-1995-ged-24813-liquid-swords-front.jpg

still the best one ever. Some kids on a metal/electronic board i listened to said it was amazing.

m3k

i just felt like ive always liked rap cause i always liked the big songs that came out over the year... specially 92 onwards, ice cube and snoop etc
early highschool in 95,96,97 with puffy, 2pac, bone thugs... high school and local friends only listened to rap

but it wasnt until i borrowed wu tang forever that i had a cd i listened to for ages... lol i didnt know what the fuck they were talking about sometimes lol but after i knew that cd well, i think i was more invested in hiphop

Esch

Banned
real talk i also liked death is certain too back in the day. I just dont feel it at all nowadays. I loved me some rappity rap back in the day

cryptic

real talk i also liked death is certain too back in the day. I just dont feel it at all nowadays. I loved me some rappity rap back in the day

I just put it back on the mp3 player and ran through it. To me it seems the words hold more weight as I get older and it just seems like an absolute classic, especially compared to what I'm buying from what's available now, shame.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ah okay, I can see that. Also, yeah Auditorium is the only song on that I really love off that album. It's been awhile since I've gone back to it though.
yea also, i gota trigger finger when it comes to something i "have" to have. ill have the strangest urge to just buy something. i remember buying blops 1, enzo called me a dumbass, and i stick by his statement, i really shouldn't of bought it.

HiResDes

That's super close, but for me it's Assassination Day and Winter Warz. That shit used to play in my head as I was slashing through the paint in junior high basketball.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wu cycle? Wu cycle.

ODB was the best member. He never spit a boring verse. Even if they were always ignant as hell, he was always entertaining.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One day I'll go back and listen to more Ghostface until he clicks since I like Bronson a lot.

Until then, from my limited Wu knowledge I'd have to say Method Man or Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' To Fuck With would be my favourite songs. Been listening to Triumph a lot this past week too.

HiResDes

Maybe we should bring back Wu-Wednesdays in Plug, and I was also thinking about a throwback Thursdays for a more general 90s celebration.

Times would be from say 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.

NARC

Neo Member
This little discussion has just inspired me to make myself a little Wu-related playlist to just sit and vibe to tonight, gonna be good.

HiResDes

Sure any days in mind, as I also wanna try and spend some time in Music is Fun as well as my usual Pop room infiltrating every once in a while.

NARC

Neo Member
I read a story somewhere that ODB used to just straight up steal pages from GZA's rhyme book or some shit, then go wild and record the rhymes in his own crazy style for the track.

CRS

I read a story somewhere that ODB used to just straight up steal pages from GZA's rhyme book or some shit, then go wild and record the rhymes in his own crazy style for the track.

I think RZA has talked about ODB taking other members' lines for a while now.

Yeah, it's pretty well known. He used other rappers line, but in no way does that matter to me especially cause his delivery is nothing like theirs. I wouldn't want to hear GZA spitting those rhymes ODB stole.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace just make a themeless mix. Just keep throwing on whatever random track you feel like one after the other. Some drunk blackace playing in an empty club type shit.

Esch

Banned
Blackace just make a themeless mix. Just keep throwing on whatever random track you feel like one after the other. Some drunk blackace playing in an empty club type shit.

i think this is basically just an ignorant mix though for the most part

NARC

Neo Member
Yeah, it's pretty well known. He used other rappers line, but in no way does that matter to me especially cause his delivery is nothing like theirs. I wouldn't want to hear GZA spitting those rhymes ODB stole.

Yeah totally agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom