• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
also:

ib0nvZWDSjPUNb.gif

http://www.plug.dj/music-is-fun/

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You know why Mannie is one of the best producers to ever do it? Because he had Birdman and the Hot Boyz to work with. Dre had Snoop and Eminem, Swizz had DMX and Jay, Kanye had Jay and half the modern rappers. Mannie still made Birdman listenable.

HiResDes

So I just listened to that Angel Haze like really sat down and tried to give it a serious listen, as she's supposed to be one of the best up and coming female emcees and yet it just sounded so bland. Her delivery is virtually nonexistent, even as she's rapping some of the most personal and introspective lyrics it still feels as though she lacks any sort of emotion. It's really quite discouraging, and I don't think I'll ever feel like listening to it again. I can't help but wonder if the problem is some sort of subconscious sexist obstacle or if female emcees are just wacker than most male ones these days. Like is this one of the instances where males have a real substantiated advantage? Or is the advantage more of a socially conditioned one?

This is the only salvageable cut on the album and it's saved by the incredible beat and amazing vocals from Nicole Wray

In more serious news, I'm enjoying Dreams & Nightmares a lot more than I thought I would. My latest fixation is Believe It.

I GOT THAT JUSTIN BIEBER PLEASE BELIEVE IT

tumblr_lovln8sBYL1r0u8ydo1_500.gif

I love that track as well, I play it side by side with Hannah Montana.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JesusPiece could actually be good though. Holy Water was decent.
Honestly, I feel it could be good, but it will be filled with Game songs trying to target an audience he isn't as good at reaching or making great songs with in the process. Ne-Yo and Chris Brown features up the wazzoo likely.

I'm most excited for the two records he did with Ye, hopefully both make it. Dreams/Wouldn't Get Far are my jams. Most likely there will be a Dre beat on there or two, Preemo loves Game and he put in work on the RED Album. Shit, most of the industry loves Game, but he seems to make a lot of bad decisions for beats/features alongside every set of great decisions for beats/features.

It's just Game's solo career is about to burn out. He hasn't had a big record in forever and he's about to fade from relevancy altogether, and it doesn't seem like he has a clear idea or gives a fuck about what his fans want out of him. I want that 2pac duality shit out of it, give me an album full of Dope Boyz and Westside Stories, alongside a bunch of Start From Scratches and Monsters in my Head.

Esch

Banned
na its not a sexist thing there just arent enough good femcees

also come plug with me and p darky you silly bastards

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So I just listened to that Angel Haze like really sat down and tried to give it a serious listen, as she's supposed to be one of the best up and coming female emcees and yet it just sounded so bland. Her delivery is virtually nonexistent, even as she's rapping some of the most personal and introspective lyrics it still feels as though she lacks any sort of emotion. It's really quite discouraging, and I don't think I'll ever feel like listening to it again. I can't help but wonder if the problem is some sort of subconscious sexist obstacle or if female emcees are just wacker than most male ones these days. Like is this one of the instances where males have a real substantiated advantage? Or is the advantage more of a socially conditioned one?

Felt the same. It was an actual chore to finish the EP and I still haven't given her mix tape a listen, but I'm expecting more of the same. It is partly decades of conditioning, but also she just sounds bland. She lacks any punch or gravitas so she kinda just fades into the music and I just stop caring. She's got writing skill, but she needs a stronger presence and better beats to work with if the EP is any indication of her true skill.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In more serious news, I'm enjoying Dreams & Nightmares a lot more than I thought I would. My latest fixation is Believe It.

I GOT THAT JUSTIN BIEBER PLEASE BELIEVE IT

tumblr_lovln8sBYL1r0u8ydo1_500.gif

That is my jam!

That and Flexin are made for each other

Esch

Banned
Well, i managed to avoid cheef keefs dick pics but thanks to des i couldnt escape spaceghostpurp entering some chicks trap door

Tokubetsu

Better album in terms of what I'll be bumping years from now? most def

As an "overall" thing though nothing is beating Kendrick this year. Having said that...GKMC...top 5 of the year. Not number 1

Literally every album I've said I enjoyed a lot this year > GKMC but y'all can have it though. This is for real the last time I start shit about it.

I'm putting HnC and Control System above it and all 3 are in my top 5 so I think TDE had a pretty damn decent year.

Oh and Holy Water has a dope beat. wtf.

Blackace

Literally every album I've said I enjoyed a lot this year > GKMC but y'all can have it though. This is for real the last time I start shit about it.
Can't wait to vote for Meek's album for AotY

Blackace

I honestly like it a lot. Its not GKMC good, but for as much as I hated on Meek before, his album was lovely surprise. Traumatized showed me a side of Meek I didnt know existed.
Meek before MMG was a beast

His philly mixtapes went hard

Oppositely I was shocked how much I liked Kendrick's album

Recon

Banned
Meek before MMG was a beast

His philly mixtapes went hard

Oppositely I was shocked how much I liked Kendrick's album

Haha, I pretty much knew I would at least "like" Good Kid, Maad City. I was genuinely surprised at how much I loved it.

So I'm sitting here and I'm wondering why Inspektah Deck didn't get a solo album in the Wu's first round of individual albums. And I remember the flood that killed what was supposed to be his debut album and I get angry.

Anyway wassup fools. I lurked the other threads and posted a little bit but now I think I might as well check in more often.

HiResDes

So I'm sitting here and I'm wondering why Inspektah Deck didn't get a solo album in the Wu's first round of individual albums. And I remember the flood that killed what was supposed to be his debut album and I get angry.

Anyway wassup fools. I lurked the other threads and posted a little bit but now I think I might as well check in more often.

Yo this is the perfect thread to start on for a reaper.

Depends what I am mixing it with

Yeah I'm no DJ or anything but I've been messing around with mixing at home once in a while. It's fun.

Are your club gigs more similar to your poppy mixes OR your ignorant ones? I wanna just refer your shit to the fools out here because the clubs aint close to as bumping as my drive there.

Esch

Banned

Breh.

answer the questions in the OP.

Blackace

Yeah I'm no DJ or anything but I've been messing around with mixing at home once in a while. It's fun.

Are your club gigs more similar to your poppy mixes OR your ignorant ones? I wanna just refer your shit to the fools out here because the clubs aint close to as bumping as my drive there.
Depends on my crowd

Maybe closer to my ignorant stuff tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Traumatized just came out of nowhere in that album. I also loved that JUSTIN BIEBER PLEASE BELIEVE IT
Traumatized is one of my favourite songs all year. So dope.

Welcome to GAF-Hop my dude.

Everyone likes eachother more than they'd care to admit here, don't be afraid!

I honestly like it a lot. Its not GKMC good, but for as much as I hated on Meek before, his album was lovely surprise. Traumatized showed me a side of Meek I didnt know existed.

I guess I should give Milly a listen then, I dug that intro track when it droppped.

Welcome, please don't catch any feelings to easily and leave like some gaf hop posters do...

Breh.

answer the questions in the OP.

Fine.

Pick a coast to rep

Don't exactly care anymore but historically I've repped West. I love east coast rap(90's mafioso shit was the bomb) but the westside wil always have a special place in my heart.

Favourite Artist

Tough one. I'll just post some of my favorites unranked: Tupac, Ice Cube, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, Ice Cube, MC Ren, early Kurupt and the GZA.

Best feature killer

Inspektah Deck, Nas or Ghost.

Favourite album

Toss up between The Chronic and Illmatic.

What's in your playlist?

At the moment? Habits & Contradictions, LiveLoveA$AP, good kid m.A.A.d city, XXX, Fishscale, Liquid Swords, Death Certificate, The Low End Theory and Da Villain In Black.

Rank Kanye's albums

CD > MBDF > LR. The others don't matter.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)

Ghostface and GZA.

Illmatic > Nas' whole life?

Nah. Illmatic is probably the greatest hiphop album of all time. But It Was Written, The Lost Tapes and Stillmatic are classics in their own right. I also think God's Son, Life Is Good and HipHop Is Dead are good if not great. Street's Disciple, Untitled and I Am were decent, Nastradamus sucked.

Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?

After Life Is Good I'm not sure. Nas is the least consistent rapper with some form of consistency out there. He follows up bad albums with great albums and vice versa. So wait and see.

Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?

Nas won the beef, Jay won at life.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion

2Pac was the better rapper and songwriter. I love Biggie but I still think Pac is better.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?

Don't give a crap.

Pick an era of Eminem

From Infinite up till the 8 Mile soundtrack. I kind of like Relapse and Recovery but they're definitely not top tier.

T Dollarz

Mobb Deep's first two albums are incredible. Well, the first is classic, the second is dope, with some filler. Its highs are still really high though.

Blackace

Tough one. I'll just post some of my favorites unranked: Tupac, Ice Cube, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, Ice Cube, MC Ren, early Kurupt and the GZA.

Anyone who can rate Ren with Ghostface is ok in my book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom