• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the emotion he put into his voice when he rapped. If that counts as part of flow then I'd put it over Biggie's.

And speaking of emotion HRD is right about Angel Haze, she's got talent but she's also monotonous.

Anyone who can rate Ren with Ghostface is ok in my book

MC Ren is severely underrated especially in this day and age. I think Da Villain in Black is pretty sick album. I love Ren's flow and delivery, he's also very, very good lyrically. Too bad we never got our Dre produced Ren solo album in their heyday. Efil4Zaggin is the closest we came and that one is just wicked as shit.

Mobb Deep's first two albums are incredible. Well, the first is classic, the second is dope, with some filler. Its highs are still really high though.

The Infamous is fantastic. Exactly the kind of rap I love, grimey as fuck.

Acid08

Banned
There's a Pac song in the Dre Day mix that I can't seem to remember the name of. Anyone know by any chance?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MC Ren is severely underrated especially in this day and age. I think Da Villain in Black is pretty sick album. I love Ren's flow and delivery, he's also very, very good lyrically. Too bad we never got our Dre produced Ren solo album in their heyday. Efil4Zaggin is the closest we came and that one is just wicked as shit.
Great writer too actual a better writer than rapper

Cold 187 is my favorite under rated west coast rapper

mooooose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3Pe2ClMM8&feature=branded

I don't think anyone talked about this but ASAP FUCKING KILLED IT. He somehow keeps getting better and better. His flow, his adlibs, his references, his style, everything. He's going to be a huge star. He's been showing it so hard lately and Fucking Problems is going to elevate him far (surprisingly considering the chorus but unsurprising considering the talent).

ASAP.

coldvein

Banned

I don't think anyone talked about this but ASAP FUCKING KILLED IT. He somehow keeps getting better and better. His flow, his adlibs, his references, his style, everything. He's going to be a huge star. He's been showing it so hard lately and Fucking Problems is going to elevate him far (surprisingly considering the chorus but unsurprising considering the talent).

ASAP.

kinda want that skate or die shirt

Recon

Banned

ASAP.

"Delayed because of mastering/sample clearance"

IrishNinja

-Ace this busta mix is a problem...goddamn, i cant get to the bun b one if you're gonna blend straight bangers like this

-CRS, i aint mad

-maccadonna i appreciate you leveling up your troll-game but if skylar wins this is all on you

-Jesus Piece is gonna need a lotta co-signs in this thread to get even a download/stream goin

you don't listen to enough!

haha i'm a laid back dude but this was my thought too

survival of the fittest > shook ones pt 2 tho

it's been forever but i (kinda?) recall feeling about the same...honestly i get why some people put mobb high on their list, and nothing against em they just never caught on as much with me

Props to Jaroof, jazz-hop fam. Cloud-hop-clams, Supreme Cuts, etc, etc

Jaroof is that dude, even got some jazz-hop people friended on facebook from his pimping. he's brought so much quality to that thread.

Massacre was a complete joke and was fucking stupid. BISD...fuck that noise.

Massacre was much better when I listened to it later without the shadow of get rich or die tryin' hanging over. Get rich is one of the most entertaining albums released in the last decade, The massacre is a very different sound and feel.

yeah, it never got out from GRoDTs shadow for me, and it's just too obvious why: at times it felt like he was trying that formula again, but with a lot less heart/effort/production. i mean piggy bank was like the laziest battle effort in a time when there was still some good ones getting play...my friend's this big 50 stan and trying selling me on BISD but that did nothing for me. i guess im glad i checked out sincerely yours southside for a few tracks but honestly, i thought 50 would have more to offer after what was such a strong debut.

DominoKid

finallyrich-450x450.jpg

Good album art IMO.

aoty 2k12.

mooooose

"Delayed because of mastering/sample clearance"
He has surprisingly competent management if they made him the overnight success he is (literally made 3 songs and then blew up after only taking rap seriously for a year). He has all the elements. When LongLiveA$AP does drop it won't be the wimper I think a lot of people are expecting. It'll be less than Kendrick but I'm expecting 125 to 150k, if not even more, because Fuckin Problems is a better party song than anything Kendrick had.

I also think Excuse my French will do really well... but I don't think it deserves to.

DominoKid

He has surprisingly competent management if they made him the overnight success he is (literally made 3 songs and then blew up after only taking rap seriously for a year). He has all the elements. When LongLiveA$AP does drop it won't be the wimper I think a lot of people are expecting. It'll be less than Kendrick but I'm expecting 125 to 150k, if not even more, because Fuckin Problems is a better party song than anything Kendrick had.

I also think Excuse my French will do really well... but I don't think it deserves to.

please dont front on french.

mooooose

Dude I just got done posting multiple links showing my French stannery but he's past his prime before his album debut and that is a shame.

Blackace

-Ace this busta mix is a problem...goddamn, i cant get to the bun b one if you're gonna blend straight bangers like this

yeah, it never got out from GRoDTs shadow for me, and it's just too obvious why: at times it felt like he was trying that formula again, but with a lot less heart/effort/production. i mean piggy bank was like the laziest battle effort in a time when there was still some good ones getting play...my friend's this big 50 stan and trying selling me on BISD but that did nothing for me. i guess im glad i checked out sincerely yours southside for a few tracks but honestly, i thought 50 would have more to offer after what was such a strong debut.

Thanks but listen to the Bun B one too

As quiet as it's kept he might have even a better catalog than Busta

BTW what will 50 Game and Kendrick all have in common soon?

Shitty 2nd albums

mooooose

Chief Keef is literally killing it. He is the new French Montana with a little bit of Max B and that trap sound. He's surprisingly competent and excelling at what he does above anyone else.

PBY

Banned
I can't complain because I do it too

But some shouts ruin the song

I actually have posted here before that tags don't really bother me, especially if theyre done right. They can actually ad to some songs in the way ad-libs do. I fucking get hype when I hear Green Lanterns.

ASAP.

Actually I take that back, I just like the way he dresses...

aoty 2k12.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Blackace

I actually have posted here before that tags don't really bother me, especially if theyre done right. They can actually ad to some songs in the way ad-libs do. I fucking get hype when I hear Green Lanterns.
Rhythmic tags are good

If its just some douche talking they aren't

Hootie

you should listen to this #rare gangster pete rock & cl smooth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYHq5ttVIiM
'it's pete rock on the mic check one, two
i got the glock n---a, death becomes you'
fucking gangster pete rock. classic shit

also, that top comment. same tired ass shit on every fucking 'old' song on youtube

DAT beat.

Goddamn I love Pete Rock & CL Smooth. TROY is a veritable contender for GOAT hip-hop song for me.

I also love me some Petestrumentals

Kwixotik

ASAP.

Rocky is one of my favorite rappers right now, but I don't really like him on songs with 2 Chainz, Drake, and Lil Wayne. A lot of what makes him interesting is his beat selection and the atmosphere he creates with his music. When he's just putting a verse on some generic beat with random rappers for a non-cohesive song, he's just not as impressive.

Recon

Banned
The only great feature for Rocky is Q. Those two need to drop an album/mixtape together. It would blow minds.

Blackace

Rocky is one of my favorite rappers right now, but I don't really like him on songs with 2 Chainz, Drake, and Lil Wayne. A lot of what makes him interesting is his beat selection and the atmosphere he creates with his music. When he's just putting a verse on some generic beat with random rappers for a non-cohesive song, he's just not as impressive.

lol I can understand your point to a degree but there is just something douche like about this post

PBY

Banned
yeah its good
Yeah want to like Cyhi really don't

Yeah.. but...
Grow up nigga but I’m feel though
Siroc boy with a little endo
10 racks, hunned shows 1 mill
Mixtape on billboard, fuck my deal
... a little weed out of oxy pills
Come on...but my lips are sealed...
Bang your top before they bang your gavel
Grenade in the mouth for the nigga that...
Rock to the tools...sold everything
Crack cocaine and pussy
...full of dope...quite a few pounds, she can feel the hummer
Call me puff daddy lil bitch I’m flashing
Grand daddy kush man I love my grams
Fuck ball ...but I’m going ham
Vietnam, tax all niggas, fuck uncle sam...

goddamn q goes in

ASAP.

ASAP only matters online

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
We just kids with fuckin' guns, big fuckin' guns
Favorite track out right now. Can't enough of it. Both Skeme and Q go in, the beat is sinister and yet bangs, and the hook is catchy as fuck.

Future exemplifies everything that is shit about rap. We need garbage no talent rappers like him and soulja boy to remind us just how bad rap can get and to avoid it at all costs.
Plus they make it easier to like Gucci and Flocka since they seem like brilliant fucking musicians in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom