• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yo, Ace. Never thanked you properly for that ignant 28. The gym was wilding the fuck out and even the pasty, Connecticut raised lacrosse player was ready to go shoot a crooked CO.

Good shit.

Esch

Banned
I went back to Art of War for the first time in probably a decade the last time CRS advocated it and walked away from with more positive impressions than I had going in. It's got some tracks. Toku's probably right about cutting a disc of material, but then again I usually never knock an album for having too many songs. In saying that Stankonia is overly long, I'm not implying if you cut some tracks it would somehow ascend to the level of the first three albums. I'm also advocating getting as many tracks from the original 36 Chambers or Illmatic sessions as humanly possible. Maybe I'm just all about value, but "too many songs" on an album is always the poorest critique IMO. I can't think of a case where it's true.

No its not. Think of it like an essay. Being concise is key in art if you wanna create something truly good. Excess material fucks up pacing, the initial first listen of an album, and often results in the user or target itself removing bits and pieces from the source material (see: all the people who delete tracks they dont like). Concise is good, great even as a demand in music.

kamspy

Why wouldn't Budden want to put the "Shady" name somewhere on the mixtape art?

Would be pretty greasy if they explicitly stopped them.

"Hey Joe, when you're not acting like one of Em's buddies from 8 Mile, don't wear the company uniform. mmK?"

If D12 was still alive and off drugs Slaughterhouse would have probably never been signed.

Time for Shady 3.0 it seems.

No its not. Think of it like an essay. Being concise is key in art if you wanna create something truly good.

Which album would have been a classic with tracks cut?

Recon

Banned
Why wouldn't Budden want to put the "Shady" name somewhere on the mixtape art?

Would be pretty greasy if they explicitly stopped them.

"Hey Joe, when you're not acting like one of Em's buddies from 8 Mile, don't wear the company uniform. mmK?"

If D12 was still alive and off drugs Slaughterhouse would have probably never been signed.

Time for Shady 3.0 it seems.

Because as a solo artist he isnt signed to Shady...please dont be this stupid.

Only Game reps labels he isnt signed to.

kamspy

They're squandering talent right now. Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse were both much better artists before they signed to Shady. Pretty much like everyone expected when they signed.

EDIT: Someone really tell me that Shady didn't sign Slaughterhouse because D12 got old and flabby. They had to sign in other vets. Classic Knicks move.

Recon

Banned
youre not missing anything.

Thats what I tell people who havnt listened to:

* Lil B
* Riff Raff
* Future
* French
* Chief Keef

They're squandering talent right now. Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse were both much better artists before they signed to Shady. Pretty much like everyone expected when they signed.

I wasnt arguing that, only your assumption as to why there was no shady records logo on an artist's mixtape who is not signed to shady records.

They were both shitty before signing to Shady Records, now they just are a different kind of shit.

kamspy

This is more ignant than French when he goes full retard.

Edit: Hey it's Ab-Soul on the Budden tape. Couldn't save the beat though. Joey still pulling those YouTube beats in.

His new double time shit is wack to. Been rapping with Royce and them too much.

Recon

Banned
If French wasnt legally retarded I might be able to swag out with some of the beats he gets. But Im not trying to hear I Am Sam over Fraud beats.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Game is on Aftermath/Interscope though.

And while he was on Geffen it was still some sort of deal where it goes through Aftermath/Interscope anyways IIRC.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo, Ace. Never thanked you properly for that ignant 28. The gym was wilding the fuck out and even the pasty, Connecticut raised lacrosse player was ready to go shoot a crooked CO.

Good shit.

lol word? That is what I love hearing!

Also about to eat

Recon

Banned
Game is on Aftermath/Interscope though.

And while he was on Geffen it was still some sort of deal where it goes through Aftermath/Interscope anyways IIRC.

No, he is on Interscope. There is a difference.

I love me some The Game, but his constant dick riding of Dre and Aftermath and Beats by Dre is just sad considering he isnt even on his label.

WanderingWind

No, he is on Interscope. There is a difference.

I can never keep track of that fucker. Nobody seems to like him on the business side, but rappers and producers keep giving him A+ effort. Yet, he remains a professional ass kisser.

The dude is bipolar and just fucking weird.

lol word? That is what I love hearing!

Also about to eat

Eat, like Q, or eat like cacophony? But yeah, great mix. Much appreciated.

Recon

Banned
I can never keep track of that fucker. Nobody seems to like him on the business side, but rappers and producers keep giving him A+ effort. Yet, he remains a professional ass kisser.

The dude is bipolar and just fucking weird.

Honestly, I bet Dre even thinks he is somehow still signed to Aftermath. But honestly, Dre probably doesnt do much besides count his headphone money.

kamspy

Yall ain't eatin on this Mac n Cheese? This ain't no Kraft. Shit ain't Velveeta. This is that macaroni and cheese your grandma makes. All oven crusted and shit.

We got plates for everyone yo.

kamspy

Shady kinda behind if they really don't let the artists use the label to leverage their mixtapes. You hear MMG drops on everyone who's ever met Rick Ross. It's not like they're protecting some brand with a perfect track record. Just seems like bad business.

WanderingWind

Honestly, I bet Dre even thinks he is somehow still signed to Aftermath. But honestly, Dre probably doesnt do much besides count his headphone money.

Dre is so old at this point he isn't being ghostwritten for. He's just reciting whatever piece of paper his handlers are shoving in front of his face. He'd rap the Oscar Meyer wiener song if Em put it in his hands in the booth,

Budden is so thirsty for respect. Yea breh congrats, you're technically a good rapper. But you couldn't pay me to listen to most of his shit. Being wordy doesn't make you great

I'm so glad hip hop that improved to a point where even the underground isn't checking for Slaughterhouse shit anymore

Recon

Banned
Shady kinda behind if they really don't let the artists use the label to leverage their mixtapes. You hear MMG drops on everyone who's ever met Rick Ross. It's not like they're protecting some brand with a perfect track record. Just seems like bad business.

I do agree, but honestly, I swear I heard MMG drops on some random no name's mixtape the other month. I think MMG is a bit too lenient with who gets to rep them. Seems like everybody thinking they with MMG. I bet Shyne's next single has a Maybach Music drop in the beginning.

WanderingWind

I think Game assumed he was back on Aftermath... which makes me kinda feel bad for the dude. He so desperately wanted to be crowned as the savior of the West with Dre co-signing him.

And Kendrick came and just fucked that shit up without doing having to lay on Dre's casting couch like Jaceon did.

Recon

Banned
And Kendrick came and just fucked that shit up without doing having to lay on Dre's casting couch like Jaceon did.

Thing is, Kendrick is definitely putting the west coast back into the mainstream, along with Q. But Game didnt want that really, he wanted that gangsta west coast music to come back and be like the mid 90's again. He never wanted to be Kendrick, he wanted to be the next Cube.

He is dick riding Kendrick because he is hot, but I guarantee dude is salty as fuck that the next big dude from the West is 1. not him 2. not that classic west coast gangsta music.

kamspy

I do agree, but honestly, I swear I heard MMG drops on some random no name's mixtape the other month. I think MMG is a bit too lenient with who gets to rep them. Seems like everybody thinking they with MMG. I bet Shyne's next single has a Maybach Music drop in the beginning.

You think Meek does 200k+ without that label saturation? Just get it out there. Who ever really runs that label is like a guy who gets his hands on a money machine and never bothers to plug it in.

mooooose

I know it dropped earlier, but I seriously think Mean (Fraud, French, and Bronson) is one of the best songs I've heard in awhile from all three parties. Bronson played his part perfect.

WanderingWind

Thing is, Kendrick is definitely putting the west coast back into the mainstream, along with Q. But Game didnt want that really, he wanted that gangsta west coast music to come back and be like the mid 90's again. He never wanted to be Kendrick, he wanted to be the next Cube.

He is dick riding Kendrick because he is hot, but I guarantee dude is salty as fuck that the next big dude from the West is 1. not him 2. not that classic west coast gangsta music.

Oh fuck yeah. Game is going to pop off and TDE is going to end his career like 300 Bars sort of ended G-Unit.

Recon

Banned
You think Meek does 200k+ without that label saturation? Just get it out there. Who ever really runs that label is like a guy who gets his hands on a money machine and never bothers to plug it in.

Meek does 200k+ because he has singles with Drake and was on his massively successful Club Paradise Tour.

Mainstream buyers are not checking for what labels a dude is on, at least not in a way that is as significant as you are stating.

Again, getting your name out is great. Diluting your brand is also a negative. Im serious when I say I hear random youtube rappers with Maybach Music drops. It is sad and weird. I think Wale's 2nd cousin uses it, and Omarion's ex boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom