• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
4Eva N A Day is so chill it surprised me. I have only heard it while smoking, it is my tradition. Smoking a blunt, leaning back, absorbing KRIT into every orifice.

T Dollarz

4Eva N A Day is so chill it surprised me. I have only heard it while smoking, it is my tradition. Smoking a blunt, leaning back, absorbing KRIT into every orifice.

Man, there's nothing like cruising on a sunny day listening to some KRIT in the whip. Shit's an experience lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Both LFTU and 4eva will make it to my year end lists.
Trunk Muzik 2 is a pipe dream, like Liquid Swords 2 or Detox or Cheif Keef being relevant a year from now. It's unlikely to happen and if it does, it will probably be a huge disappointment.
But being the fool I am, I still hold out hope for all those things (cept Keef, hope he catches exploding dick disease)

njean777

Delayed for "Mastering" problems. lol

KRIT is just something special. He makes whip music I dont feel dumb listening to. Then he hits you up with some grown man shit and the magic happens.

Damn man, WTF, he and schoolboy are pretty much the only Swag rappers I like (if you even consider School Boy a swag rapper). Hurry that shit up, I needs it!!!! Oh and occasionally Danny Brown also, but I really do not consider him a swag rapper.

Recon

Banned
Keef is honestly bad for music. I know I will get shit for that from some people. Its not even based on the quality of his music, its everything he represents. Every piece of news that comes out of his camp just makes me sigh and shake my head. And I honestly like "I Dont Like", its a catchy track. I just wish someone who wasnt a vile piece of shit made it.

Damn man, WTF, he and schoolboy are pretty much the only Swag rappers I like (if you even consider School Boy a swag rapper). Hurry that shit up, I needs it!!!! Oh and occasionally Danny Brown also, but I really do not consider him a swag rapper.

The official line I think was "Mastering problems and sample issues". If it was just sample issues, I wouldnt worry. But several people with more knowledge about the industry than me have chimed in to say "mastering problems" is pretty much a code word for something very wrong.

njean777

Keef is honestly bad for music. I know I will get shit for that from some people. Its not even based on the quality of his music, its everything he represents. Every piece of news that comes out of his camp just makes me sigh and shake my head. And I honestly like "I Dont Like", its a catchy track. I just wish someone who wasnt a vile piece of shit made it.

The official line I think was "Mastering problems and sample issues". If it was just sample issues, I wouldnt worry. But several people with more knowledge about the industry than me have chimed in to say "mastering problems" is pretty much a code word for something very wrong.

Well shit, release a mixtape then and go back to the lab. Give me something. Not that crew shit neither.

siddx

Naw you are correct and I have been saying it for a while. We need to draw the line somewhere as to what dumbfuck ignorant little punks we will tolerate to represent hip hop. Keef crosses that line. I won't give him any clicks, downloads, purchases, youtube hits, nothing. Fuck him and fuck his little crew.

siddx

what people do in their personal lives plays no role in my opinion of their music

It's not their personal lives, it's their public lives. Everyone sees your stupid fuckhead behavior now and it paints a genre that already has a pretty shitty image in an even worse light. I don't mind a lot of stupid shit rappers do, but Keef is just the bottom rung on the ladder to me. He's the point we should be like "no kid, fuck off". It would be tolerable if he were also giving us good music to balance out the ignorance. But he's not.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
grown ass ninjas hand wringing over Keef's fuckery. Are we forgetting how a lot of NY and Cali rappers were acting back in the day?

This..

NWA was Keef when I was a kid..

LA was a warzone at one time, as Chi is now.. Dude is just a product of his environment

T Dollarz

100% this.

Also, I agree, Schoolboy, Rocky, and Danny are 3 of few swag rappers I can really get down to. Although I doubt you can call Schoolboy and Danny that, especially Danny.

Recon

Banned
what people do in their personal lives plays no role in my opinion of their music

grown ass ninjas hand wringing over Keef's fuckery. Are we forgetting how a lot of NY and Cali rappers were acting back in the day?

This..

LA was a warzone at one time, as Chi is now.. Dude is just a product of his environment

I wasnt old enough to know about the stupid shit or care about it. I am old enough now to know when someone is a fuck head and is an embarrassment to society. That is the difference, at least for me. Like I said, I honestly like "I Dont Like". Am I now allowed to have an opinion about somebody?

Also, Cacophony has no room to talk about anything, you pretty much cosign any random fuckhead that is hot at the moment. Its like Domino's little brother.

But Domino is good people.

siddx

This..

NWA is not Cheif Keef. NWA was a band that was bringing a bleak glimpse of a lifestyle few people in the US had any real concept of. Keef is just a terrible rapper talking like a superthug when he's barely a minimum wage corner dude. There is nothing of value to anything he says. While NWA had something significant to share.

Blackace

I wasnt old enough to know about the stupid shit or care about it. I am old enough now to know when someone is a fuck head and is an embarrassment to society. That is the difference, at least for me. Like I said, I honestly like "I Dont Like". Am I now allowed to have an opinion about somebody?

Also, Cacophony has no room to talk about anything, you pretty much cosign any random fuckhead that is hot at the moment. Its like Domino's little brother.

But Domino is good people.

No one is saying you can't have a damn opinion they are just telling that this cycle is nothing new.

Esch

Banned
smh

keef is a tool but now that: be dispassionately separated myself from his shitty English he's not that bad. I'm gonna laugh when he's.actually more relevant than now in a year. the streets are palpably thirsty for finally rich. its gonna be funny watching siddx deal with it

Blackace

NWA is not Cheif Keef. NWA was a band that was bringing a bleak glimpse of a lifestyle few people in the US had any real concept of. Keef is just a terrible rapper talking like a superthug when he's barely a minimum wage corner dude. There is nothing of value to anything he says. While NWA had something significant to share.

I am not a huge Keef fan, but really NWA brought the situation of the streets to wax... But in reality Cube, and Dre were fairly suburb..

Not comparing their talent level mind you

Recon

Banned
Chief Keef is a disease spreading across hip hop to me.. him and Reese... but it's not just them

Laughing at dudes getting murdered is where I stop seperating the music from the person. At some point, I cant ignore what a vile piece of shit is making it.

I get making mistakes, lord knows I have fucked up horribly with my life and was starring at 3 life sentences and 3 fifteens. I should be in prison right now. I get fucking up. Its the constant stream of sub human actions from that crew that makes me sick.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Unfortunately people do judge books on their cover and the same goes to the music you listen to

It's not their personal lives, it's their public lives. Everyone sees your stupid fuckhead behavior now and it paints a genre that already has a pretty shitty image in an even worse light. I don't mind a lot of stupid shit rappers do, but Keef is just the bottom rung on the ladder to me. He's the point we should be like "no kid, fuck off". It would be tolerable if he were also giving us good music to balance out the ignorance. But he's not.

Ok somebody give a summary of the chief Queef kid. I know he is an idiot but shit is it that much worse then the stuff Dipset use to do while makin sure the computers were putin?

Esch

Banned
I don't feel this dichotomy. I know plenty of respected rappers that spit about doing terrible shit to human beings but for some reason its bad when this kid mentions some honestly tame gang banger shit? now everyone's on their MLK? just.goes to show its all about how you say something over content. at least siddx will.implicitly admit that

Recon

Banned
Unfortunately people do judge books on their cover and the same goes to the music you listen to

Ok somebody give a summary of the chief Queef kid. I know he is an idiot but shit is it that much worse then the stuff Dipset use to do while makin sure the computers were putin?

Chief Keef Laughs At Death Of Fellow Rapper

Thats a good small slice. Also, I dont quite understand your "judge a book by its cover" remark. No one is pre judging keef. If anything, most everyone is giving dude a pass.

I don't feel this dichotomy. I know plenty of respected rappers that spit about doing terrible shit to human beings but for some reason its bad when this kid mentions some honestly tame gang banger shit? now everyone's on their MLK? just.goes to show its all about how you say something over content. at least siddx will.implicitly admit that

You dont understand Art vs. Real life? There is a difference. I dont get going out of your way to defend such a piece of shit. You defend Roman Polanski too?Im not equating them, but it is comparable.

siddx

I am not a huge Keef fan, but really NWA brought the situation of the streets to wax... But in reality Cube, and Dre were fairly suburb..

Not comparing their talent level mind you

Subject matter isn't even the issue for me. It's entertainment, rap about whatever you like, that doesn't bother me at all.
It's the behavior in public that says to me "this is not someone we want to be held up as an example of a rapper". Not because he sucks, which he does. But because as a human being he is not something we want associated with the genre.

Recon

Banned
Subject matter isn't even the issue for me. It's entertainment, rap about whatever you like, that doesn't bother me at all.
It's the behavior in public that says to me "this is not someone we want to be held up as an example of a rapper". Not because he sucks, which he does. But because as a human being he is not something we want associated with the genre.

This. I give no fucks about content of songs. Art is so subjective. It is the real life blatant disregard for human life. Maybe I value some things in life differently than others, and I am beginning to think me and gaf hop just dont mesh well anymore.

Esch

Banned
so how exactly do you figure keef is more gully than about a jillion other rap idols that we fellate in this thread. cause as many fakes.as there are in hip hop.there are quite a few, often more quiet members that have done some dirt.and rap about it. how are they less culpable than a guy like keef?

I don't care enough about Keef to catch feelings. Every genre features a dumbass kid or adult who is an embarrassment on some level or another. At least Keef can actually make a catchy song unlike Soulja Boy.

In terms of the street shit...meh. He's a product of his environment like the guys from Cali, NY, Detroit, etc. The only difference is that he seems to have a legit social disability or something.

cacophony

so do you also not listen to gucci cause he killed a man? or Gunplay

its not like im gonna buy the dude's album but if he makes music I like, I'm not going to not like it because he may suck in real life

Blackace

so do you also not listen to gucci cause he killed a man? or Gunplay

its not like im gonna buy the dude's album but if he makes music I like, I'm not going to not like it because he may suck in real life

Gucci killed a man in self defense.. Until his out of left field dis track on Jeezy he never really talked about it...

Esch

Banned
name a single commercially relevant rapper at any point in time who wasnt a public source of embarrassment except for jay z. I'll wait.

Blackace

Also about to eating again... But something totally not normal from me..

Blackace

name a single commercially relevant rapper at any point in time who wasnt a public source of embarrassment except for jay z. I'll wait.

Jay Z made a horrible song for his child...

Recon

Banned
so how exactly do you figure keef is more gully than about a jillion other rap idols that we fellate in this thread. cause as many fakes.as there are in hip hop.there are quite a few, often more quiet members that have done some dirt.and rap about it. how are they less culpable than a guy like keef?

Lets speak in non slang if were to have an actual discussion. Also, just because people looked the other way with other artists, doesnt give a pass to keef. When do fans of hip hop finally say "enough" to having absolute idiots as representatives. I love this genre. I cant explain how much this type of music means to me. Keef just offends me as a human. It isnt about the message in his music, it isnt about the talent or lack thereof.

Yeah, there will always be sub human pieces of shit in music. But why do we have to just sit by and say "well, its always been like this". Cant we do better as a community? It seems you would rather silence those who speak out than to fix the sickness.

Everyone makes mistakes. The thing is, are those guys still making mistakes? And was it wrong to call them out when they were making said mistakes?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Chief Keef Laughs At Death Of Fellow Rapper

Thats a good small slice. Also, I dont quite understand your "judge a book by its cover" remark. No one is pre judging keef. If anything, most everyone is giving dude a pass.

Idk man its disturbing but i mean we as rap fans have seen these motherfuckers do a lot of disturbing Shit.... Hell if these guys did less than half the shit they rap about I would think their violent criminal sociopaths. I am not saying its right but it is common.

I mean here's an example of something more disturbing. young jeezy and gucci mane had beef so Jeezy put a price on his head by radio interview. This led to Gucci being kidnapped. Gucci then escapes and kills one of his kidnappers. That insane if you think about it. However, lets be honest everyone either loves gucci or Jeezy.

Honestly rappers are not good people but they are talented.

Esch

Banned
well then just say you dislike him and keep it moving. don't hypocritically make him out to be different because truth be told he's cut from an old cloth that won't stop being a part of rap culture no matter how much you try and complain and bleach it out. sorry.

also I will use any slang I damn well please. you understand it so dont try and Yasiin Bey me.

Blackace

I like this post better when it was just "Fair Enough". I was kidding anyway but I don't think that song is shitty at all.

Of all my opinions to take your ball and go home with Glory was the last one I expected to see lol

T Dollarz

Have to say I'm with Recon nd Siddx on this, the kid is scum. He's on that OF level where the shit he does not only goes against societal norms but does it just for the shock value and to get attention. His shit is low. That's only the type of shit I could see rebelling 15 year olds associate with. I don't know how grown men are about to take this shit seriously and actually give this kid a voice in their lives... that's said yo. He has complete disregard for respect. How you gonna be on this when you can lend hip hop to the likes of a young cat like Joey Bada$$? He's doing it right.

Recon

Banned
Idk man its disturbing but i mean we as rap fans have seen these motherfuckers do a lot of disturbing Shit.... Hell if these guys did less than half the shit they rap about I would think their violent criminal sociopaths. I am not saying its right but it is common.

I mean here's an example of something more disturbing. young jeezy and gucci mane had beef so Jeezy put a price on his head by radio interview. This led to Gucci being kidnapped. Gucci then escapes and kills one of his kidnappers. That insane if you think about it. However, lets be honest everyone either loves gucci or Jeezy.

Honestly rappers are good people but they are talented.

Oh, I definitely think Jeezy is a piece of shit and I have never owned or will ever own any piece of his music. Pirated or legit.

And I am not saying I feel "holier than thou" with any of this. The reason Keef bothers me the most is a combination of several things:

1. The lack of respect for human life. There is nothing more precious than life. Yet it is just a joke to him.

2. The general lack of fucks he gives about this rare opportunity he actually has to make it out of his situation.

3. The influence he has. And this goes well beyond the general influence rappers have. Keef is what, 17? This guy is the same age as other young kids and he made it. The attitude he represents, the vile way of thinking is more influential now than the average rapper. He is the kid that needs help. He just got lucky.

I could probably go on a lot longer. But frankly I am tired, and Keef is not important enough to argue about when no one is listening anyways....

I can't think of many embarrassments larger than releasing BPIII, Best Of Both Worlds, shooting your own brother, and being a categorically ugly mother fucker who probably can't perform in the bed room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom