• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Hmm. This is about to be Nas vs. Jay time, isn't it?

To be fair, the majority of his discography just isn't really going to be that good live, the choruses of his music are less recitable, beats are.... Plus guys like Jay/Ye can spend more money on performances, so it's not really fair.

Just going off straight videos, Pac is the craziest live performer. DMX was also on that level before he got flabby, his delivery sounds identical to record.

Obviously prime Clan is the best group

thabiz

a0282606390_2.jpg

Hus Kingpin Meets Pro Era

a1147310730_2.jpg

The Ghost Of Radio Raheem

That Ratking is flames. Need to give it more listens before I say it's 'Pinata'/'E&J' tier (bumped the NPR stream once), but it's definitely gonna be a 2014 contender.

Now for this Pharoahe Monch. Just heard the Black Thought feature and I'm hype.

The Jungle off this Pharoahe Monch mmm hmm

I like this album. Better than Desire and W.A.R. IMO, and i thought W.A.R. was really underrated.

Better than Desire??

ilurYOMlHV1UU.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
KweGsFs.jpg

I hope it's a bit more memorable than the first. Shit was hot for a minute then burned out pretty quick.

RTJ has some great songs don't get me wrong. But I was rather disappointed overall, and it features very meh rapping from El P. It's not as good as RAP Music of C4C.

Ohnonono

RTJ has some great songs don't get me wrong. But I was rather disappointed overall, and it features very meh rapping from El P. It's not as good as RAP Music of C4C.

I think I just really like duo rap albums. Step Brothers 2 and RTJ are both fucking crazy good to me.

Esch

Banned
Cool, I'm not surprised he likes it.

Word. You'd think with their relatively similar anti-social stances (ie libertarian conspiratardery) they'd be able to whip up some interesting songs about the government and society but it's pretty much all 'ill beat you up/kill you' type battle rap spits.

Ohnonono

Cool, I'm not surprised he likes it.

Word. You'd think with their relatively similar anti-social stances (ie libertarian conspiratardery) they'd be able to whip up some interesting songs about the government and society but it's pretty much all 'ill beat you up/kill you' type battle rap spits.

I think that was the point though. If you want the other stuff pick up the solo albums but RTJ was just throat jabbing.

Dereck

@HiResDes

Tin Wooki is too long

I could form a solid 8/10 album from about 16-17 tracks out of the 28. The album needs to be more focused.

New NocanDo is bleh, I needed that Flash Bang Grenada production.

needledrop on RATKING

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oxymoron really bout to be the worst TDE project of the year. SZA album is nice.

The SZA album is solid. Lowkey, but nice. Oxy is pretty much a shoe-in for worst TDE project of the year unless Ab-Soul fucks up. Even if he's been off I'm pretty excited to hear the new record, whenever it comes out.

codhand

looks like Cormega and Roc Marciano got a project coming out, I guess I can file KA / Roc, Metal Clergy album away with Detox.

mooooose

I like Fantano a lot of the time but his biggest flaw is trying to relate hip hop to its ancestry. His comparisons are often thin and not well thought out, just because he isn't familiar with much hip hop since before he started doing this reviews besides what's on a Pitchfork top 50 hip hop classics list. And even then, he probably just Youtube'd some singles or gave them a once through.

It makes me question his opinion, though I do usually value his opinion and often agree with it.
Nah, El-P came through with the quotables on RTJ. I like C4C other than Full Retard/Oh Hail No/Drones Over Brooklyn, it is best appreciated as a whole. It's understated how conceptual it is. RTJ is just straight rap and all the songs stand well alone (if not better... considering how similar the production is on many of the tracks).

If Pew Pew Pew is any indication, RTJ2 is going to be even better.

codhand

I like Fantano a lot of the time but his biggest flaw is trying to relate hip hop to its ancestry. His comparisons are often thin and not well thought out, just because he isn't familiar with much hip hop since before he started doing this reviews besides what's on a Pitchfork top 50 hip hop classics list. And even then, he probably just Youtube'd some singles or gave them a once through.

agree. compared RATKING production to Bomb Squad? no.

Vorheez

Man, I'm envious of all you guys going to concerts on the regular. I live way too far north and the only concert I've been to was The Game, shit sucked hard.

Man, I'm envious of all you guys going to concerts on the regular. I live way too far north and the only concert I've been to was The Game, shit sucked hard.

I went from California to Philly, and there seems to be somebody performing every weekend, especially since i'm interested in alot of different genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom