• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Cam'ron - We Made It freestyle (VIDEO)

flabbynsick.png

OK, this is actually awesome.

We drunk and we hungry, no we not bougie, we go to Papaya [aya, aya, aya]

coldvein

Banned
I just can't deal with that voice, man. It's horrible.

the pitch of toms vocals, you mean?

they only get worse as the band goes on. i think its just something you can deal with or you cant. i can deal with whiny - eminem (where's my snare?). or screamo eminem. i can deal with kendrick the keebler elf voice. you just have to accept it. (or not)

coldvein

Banned
tbh i dont even know what commercial rap is these days. rick ross? drake? i dont pay attention to that boring shit. outside of B182 all i been bumping today is Hell Hath No Fury and Run The Jewelz.

Vorheez

Did nobody check out that new Young Thug track I posted? I'm telling you guys, you're missing out.

Young Thug - Treasure if anyone is still curious

The Jungle off this Pharoahe Monch mmm hmm

I like this album. Better than Desire and W.A.R. IMO, and i thought W.A.R. was really underrated.

big ander

Did nobody check out that new Young Thug track I posted? I'm telling you guys, you're missing out.

Young Thug - Treasure if anyone is still curious
I dunno if anyone else checked it out, I know when you posted it toku has already posted it a day or so earlier. I think it's pretty good

Vorheez

I dunno if anyone else checked it out, I know when you posted it toku has already posted it a day or so earlier. I think it's pretty good
Oh really? Haha my mistake then, I usually just drop in and see what the current discussion is, I'll start checking a few pages before.

Toku has my back though, he knows what's up

Hahaha, Overrapping is a funny as complaint, but at the same time I understand what he means and that's what I like about Herb. When I first heard Fazoland, his raps just felt so dense, always rapping his ass off

Tokubetsu

Alright Esch report:

My skin feels fucking amazing. Smells great too with the menthol shit.

I used the merkur blade that came with the handle but there was some problem areas. Namely the corners bottom jaw area (near your ears) I did a poor job on. I also did a poor job of my jaw line edge basically. I couldn't figure out how to properly tackle that versus my old mach 5 ways, couldnt tell if the blade was touching my skin, if I had used too much lather etc and I didn't want to cut my self.

I also used too much soap I think because it was taking a bit lather up but I think I got a handle on it once I "restarted' and went at it again. Live and learn!

Definitely gonna keep this up but I think I might try a different blade?

Also, I need after shave ideas. I'm thinking balm rather than splash because I think I lean more towards to sensitive skin side of things.

Esch

Banned
Hahaha, Overrapping is a funny as complaint, but at the same time I understand what he means and that's what I like about Herb. When I first heard Fazoland, his raps just felt so dense, always rapping his ass off
It's just funny to see people turn up noses at effort. Not even that much effort. I think lowkey there's a desire to never see trap elevated behind that though, and maybe DominoKid is right about that.

Alright Esch report:

My skin feels fucking amazing. Smells great too with the menthol shit.

I used the merkur blade that came with the handle but there was some problem areas. Namely the corners bottom jaw area (near your ears) I did a poor job on. I also did a poor job of my jaw line edge basically. I couldn't figure out how to properly tackle that versus my old mach 5 ways, couldnt tell if the blade was touching my skin, if I had used too much lather etc and I didn't want to cut my self.

I also used too much soap I think because it was taking a bit lather up but I think I got a handle on it once I "restarted' and went at it again. Live and learn!

Definitely gonna keep this up but I think I might try a different blade?

Also, I need after shave ideas. I'm thinking balm rather than splash because I think I lean more towards to sensitive skin side of things.

Merkur blades are pretty turrible. Throw it away, seriously, and put in a different one. It takes a little practice. Use the weight of your arm and keep your hand in a fixed position to move it. Lather your whole face and remove it bit by but with individual strokes. Make sure your beard is wet and covered w/hot water. When you lather your face, do it in circles to make your beard stand up. After you shave your face once there will probably still be a little stubble left if you really grow unless you have a sharp ass blade like a Feather. Lather up again and cleave it off.

There are all types of after shaves balms out there from the more expensive places but I think standard nivea balm from walmart is straight. I have sensitive skin too.

i told you about dat menthol feel though. Lawdddd

Tokubetsu

Scared to try out the feather. Might try the lord or dorco, and yea, the actual lathering my face part is the one thing I think I got right on the first go haha. Circle motions, then even out "brushes." I watched a couple videos lol.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I need some beard oils. This peppermint oil is great but I must venture out further!

PBY

Banned
Leaving for coachella tom

Not a ton of rap acts this year. But it's for the best. Festival rap is 90% trash. Gonna see chance and ferg tho.

True. To me it Nas' performance was similar to what you'd see from a jazz performer. Just..cool. I like it.

Yeah, he's just there doing his thing, but he is so calm about it and he doesn't half ass his performance

I totally agree. I saw him one time and he forgot the lyrics to a song, and was just like "Fuck I forgot the lyrics", and launched into another song. People gave him shit for that, but Idk, I liked that he tried (It wasn't one of his hits, it was just a lesser known song he wanted to play, spur of the moment). I've always enjoyed Nas' performances.

Esch

Banned
Q-Tip is waaay more animated than Nas. Not really knocking Nas' peformance though. It was good to see.

Nah, I don't fuck with this. Hands in his pockets, just sitting/standing there. People know these songs. Wheres the back and forth with the crowd? Where's the energy? Shit's... boring. Even his delivery is way too understated. Illmatic has sweeping, grand songs that hit hard.

Nas is not that cool to me out of the studio. Rarely feel his live performances i've seen on video, and his freestyles are whatever.

I like the conversational way they did One Love, it fits the track. During World Is Yours...sure there could be some more energy, but again...dude was like John Coltrane out there, just doing his thing. I dig it.

Nah, I don't fuck with this. Hands in his pockets, just sitting/standing there. People know these songs. Wheres the back and forth with the crowd? Where's the energy? Shit's... boring.

Nas is not that cool to me out of the studio. Rarely feel his live performances i've seen on video, and his freestyles are whatever.

I saw him twice at outdoor venues during the day and he was waay more animated. Once he had Damian Marley with him (when distant relatives came out) and another time he was touring with his backing band, Mulatto. He was way more fun both times. Idk how he'd be at other venues.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
some dude is blastin Future outside my apartment building. bout to head to the roof and start tossing bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom