• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
classic birdman outing moment

'i fuck with n****s too....'

'these n****s been trying to fuck with me all nigh'

'all yall come up here and fuck with a n****, shake it'

mannie like 'fucc is going on... get some more girls up here'

aRHw9iV.png

BG tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Turk tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Juvie tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Jae Millz tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Mystikal tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Curren$y tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Busta Rhymes tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Mannie Fresh tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

I mean, they're one of the only labels I can think of that has to have a separate wiki page for former artists.
What's a bit tiny is that this list actually could be 3 times as big....cash/ym signed Soooo many artists in the last 20 it is crazy

Gibbs and Harry Fraud? Give me 15 tracks. asap

Aye, Pharoahe Monch's album is super solid. His 2nd best solo in fact. I don't understand having that in top 5 disappointments.

Gibbs and fraud gets a preemptive aoty from me, easy

Just walked out of two back to back finals. So much pain today, I feel like bruce wayne when he climbed out of the pit

IrishNinja

but wasnt russel simmons just saying how great cash money is as a truly indie label feeding so many and all that

lmaoooooooo

he just keeps going and going and Mannie Fresh is like "wtf 0_o"

Bahahahahahhaa

"maaan we need some mo chicks up here, what the fuck is goin onnn" ahahahaha

I mean if it were my girl lol

@blackule: it was in alberta a few months back

Oh you're from Alberta?

Also, Nipsey is selling his new album for $1000 each

"There will only be 100 hard copies and they are $1000 each,” he told MTV News, adding that it will also be released for free via iTunes and the Proud 2 Pay platform built for the Crenshaw release. “The 100 people that buy the P2P version will be granted access to a private advance listening session of [upcoming 2015 album] Victory Lap at the secret Marathon Store we are going to open the day of the listening!”
“I wanted to do something with no promo,” he said of what he’s calling the “album before the album” which is due out later this month.
“It’s all original music. Being honest, these ain’t mixtapes, they’re albums. These original songs, concepts, the biggest producers, the biggest rappers in the game are a part of [it] and bringing creativity to [it]. I don’t want to devalue it by calling it a mixtape. It’s really just music — more conversations for my people,” Nip continued.

Don't think Jay gonna buy another 100 copies this time breh
kttcolishaq2

IrishNinja

radio played Can't Knock the Hustle and I wondered how anyone could hate on Hov. Then it segued into Picasso Baby
N7ZURZd.png

fuckin hate when this shit happens
Wu, Em, LL, etc - so many times ill hear a classic followed by a modern stinker like "who thought this was a good idea"

Myggen

Ah well, I had fun at one of those shows, that's all that matters.

Andre not making music for that long, what happened to Outkast...it still bums me out.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
checked his feed...

Fuck_Irish_Ninja.png

#factsonly
#enzowon
#holddatirishninja
act like it ain't true tho.

got around to listening to that Diamond District album. starts out really strong and production is on point throughout (the drums, specifically). good album but didn't blow me away or anything.

IrishNinja

checked his feed...

#factsonly
#enzowon
#holddatirishninja

XmKsnIi.gif

yeah, fuck your craft dude, go make more animated things i guess

I mean I love GKMC and it kinda renew my love for rap again, but MBDTF felt like a paradigm shift, too big for music

And then he fell off

like MGS4, it was indeed a paradigm shift, taking self-indulgence into bold new unfocused and hollow territory, best serving to show how very broken a given review culture is

a masterpiece of mediocrity, surrounded by high ideas but failing so loudly at them that you have to surgically remove yourself from the cognitive dissonance it creates by lowering your standards & the surrounding hypebeast cycle to fully appreciate that it's not so much the emperor's new clothes as it is him actively urinating on a fanbase who's collectively decided this must surely be mana from the heavens

Nibel

like MGS4, it was indeed a paradigm shift, taking self-indulgence into bold new unfocused and hollow territory, best serving to show how very broken a given review culture is

a masterpiece of mediocrity, surrounded by high ideas but failing so loudly at them that you have to surgically remove yourself from the cognitive dissonance it creates by lowering your standards & the surrounding hypebeast cycle to fully appreciate that it's not so much the emperor's new clothes as it is him actively urinating on a fanbase who's collectively decided this must surely be mana from the heavens

sd28bzmhciy4.png
eiuytu072izn.png

Irish you craaaay

I love both albums despite putting one above the other

And yeah Badu ruined Kenny, look at him

overcast

when you fuck Erykah Badu, you fuck her for life brehs

badu-kendrick.jpg
Kendrick will persevere. Because he's the hero Hip-hop deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. King Kendrick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Lmao, there is no more focused or thematically coherent of a record in Ye's catalog, though you might be able to argue 808s. It's also the most well executed idea from him as well. I find it pretty ridiculous people still romp on about the self-indulgence being a negative point of the album. It's the goddamn theme, and the great production reflects the explosiveness of that. I don't even know where you can begin to call it hollow; it's the peak of Ye's introspection and he pretty much puts everything out on the table, and is a front-to-back criticism of his own self-indulgence.

It really is Ye's defining project. Everything leading up to it was pretense and everything afterwards is reflection.

Is it better than GKMC? I'd say so, but they're two different records, two different types of stories, and it comes down to preference. GKMC is on a whole other level of fuckery, we got people every 10 pages in this thread equating having a concept album or a come up album to "copying GKMC."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom