• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Coppanuva

Aww man, Sorian and Blargonaut's proxies going to war against each other is so... nostalgic. The scars of Cthulhu still burn deeply.

RetroMG

This Gafia Game is actually part of the S3 program, which stands for "Sorian Squidyj Simulation." It uses virtual message board technology to reenact the great mafia game of all time, "Call of Cthulu." As part of that, my role is to give you the Blargonaut Fight from Day 2 of that game.

Or I might be lying. Ask the patriots. La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo!

RetroMG

Went looking for Haiku's, found none, but I did find this...

Yes. That was a breadcrumb. Blarg has voted for himself at least once in nearly every game he's played. He's incredibly self-destructive. Also, he's a future telling wizard. I tried to layer that in, too.

The exact actions don't necessarily correspond to what they've been given in the past, but they are thematically appropriate.

AbsolutBro took a hit that was meant for someone else. CzarTim fucked shit up in Danganronpa.

Blarg never literally made people speak strangely, but that action seems thematically appropriate in that it will cause a needless distraction.

Ourobolus

Banned
The exact actions don't necessarily correspond to what they've been given in the past, but they are thematically appropriate.

AbsolutBro took a hit that was meant for someone else. CzarTim fucked shit up in Danganronpa.

Blarg never literally made people speak strangely, but that action seems thematically appropriate in that it will cause a needless distraction.

I suppose. It's just something kinda odd I noticed. Like I said, if I'm off base, feel free to shoot me down :p

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

If there was a role that forced people to speak strangely it wouldn't be Blarg, it would be Zatoth or Me.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also a neutral that has the sole ability to just make people speak in tongues seems pathetically weak. Even in my game with the voteless neutral, they were "aligned" with the mafia and could win if they won.

RetroMG

Also a neutral that has the sole ability to just make people speak in tongues seems pathetically weak. Even in my game with the voteless neutral, they were "aligned" with the mafia and could win if they won.

The goal is to stay alive while annoying people as much as possible. It's very Blarg.

RetroMG

Ooh, I wonder if I can self-target? If I agreed to give myself the additive (Oh yeah, the flavor is that I slip an additive into the tacos during the night phase) every night so that I have to speak in Haikus and such, would that satisfy you?

Ourobolus

Banned
Ooh, I wonder if I can self-target? If I agreed to give myself the additive (Oh yeah, the flavor is that I slip an additive into the tacos during the night phase) every night so that I have to speak in Haikus and such, would that satisfy you?

I don't see how you not just posting in haiku would be any different.

Coppanuva

Fair. I'm just trying to work with ya'll. I may be neutral, but my heart is always town.

I'm with Rats on this. Lynching you can take someone with a potentially annoying impact out of the game, but you're also at least somewhat a known quantity. If you're really neutral and your win condition is really to just survive, you're not at odds with the town. We're at an early lead (1 town Sorian dead, 1 mafia Scrafty dead as well), we can still afford to be risky and I don't think lynching you will get us any closer to winning.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't know about this. While on one level I can believe Retro's claim, something about it isn't sitting right with me.

- It's a pathetically weak neutral role. Survive the whole game just annoying people? Really?
- It's a totally anti-town neutral role. Sure, I suppose it could be used on mafia as well, but it doesn't give us any information, is my point.
- The role seems a little too on-the-nose for me.
- IMO, lynching neutrals is usually a good option.

Hmm. I'm thinking some things over. Call it a plank turn, but I don't think I'm interested in playing this game right now.

Sorry.

VOTE: RetroMG

RetroMG

Hey Launch, could we get an updated vote count when you have a minute? The spreadsheet is still showing votes for Scrafty.

Sawneeks

Banned
Terra, I plan to get back to you on your reply to my post from last night once I'm back at a computer. Probably won't be for some time though, got work and classes today so I'm fairly busy.

admits being blocked by you confirming your role power, admits to not being town....

what's not to lynch?

Exactly. I don't even see a reason not to lynch Retro at this point to be honest. There is one thing that has given me pause but I'm more than willing to wait on that piece of info until more is said but even then the pros of lynching Retro outweigh the cons.

I mean, he didn't even answer the accusations of what he did on Day 1. He just went and roleclaimed.

What brought you around?

There's a chance you're right and Retro's bullshitting all of us, and if not all we've lost is a neutral who we'd be lynching in the late game, anyway. Flush will still be here tomorrow.

Besides, going 800 feet with this Blargonaut just isn't the same.

VOTE: RetroMG

The odds of another person blocking the mafia's kill the same night that Ouro coincidentally blocks your own ability are just too low for my liking- and the fact that we've already gotten one scum player out leaves me a little more open for taking a chance on this sort of lynch.

Oh, and both of my previous games featured Day 2 Blarg lynches, so if that really is your role name then it's pretty fitting.

RetroMG

I mean, he didn't even answer the accusations of what he did on Day 1. He just went and roleclaimed.

Do you read my posts?

Matt Attack
I'm been trying to figure out what the problem was with my read on Matt Attack, and I think I see the confusion. When I said he's throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, I was talking about his vote on Terrabyte, which (as previously noted) had been referred to as a bandwagon with Squidyj.

What I was trying to say was:
"Matt is most likely not bandwagoning with Squidy. Matt is throwing his vote there to see what happens, and will probably move it later."

He says as much here.

We don't have much to go on since its Day 1, so most of these votes aren't likely to actually stick. Still, we have to start somewhere.

Which is where I got the "seeing what sticks" comment.

Honestly, I worded that incredibly poorly. Sorry for the confusion.
Before it comes up again, my call on Matt Attack was weird, and I know it. It came from trying to make quick reads to placate Swamped so I could get to homework that was due that night.

ScraftyDevil

I saw the thing about me saying I believe in Scrafty and then voting for her. Simply put, her role claim was starting to smell fishy, (I said as much before I voted for her,) and, TBH, It looked like it was going to be Rats or Scrafty.

I didn't want to throw my vote away, (and honestly didn't know who to vote for even if I had,) and I was more confident that Rats was town than Scrafty.

Call it a bandwagon, and I guess it was, but to me it was more about protecting the player I felt better about.
Sentiment. I like Scrafty. Her accents amuse me. In terms of fun and flavor, she brings a spark to the game. But I was more sure of Rats being town than I was of her, and liking the cut of a player's jib isn't a good reason to keep her alive, especially when she is acting suspiciously.

What have I missed?

RetroMG

So given that my vote on Matt was poorly worded and my vote on Scrafty actually killed a mafia member on night one, (If I were mafia could I not just have gone after Rats? It was a close race.) why am I suspicious?

RetroMG

So given that my vote on Matt was poorly worded and my vote on Scrafty actually killed a mafia member on night one, (If I were mafia could I not just have gone after Rats? It was a close race.) why am I suspicious?

correction: The above should say "read on Matt." I never voted for Matt I read Matt as town.

Last time around I felt good about Blarg because he had someone corroborating his story. Retro probably is Blarg, but that doesn't mean he's telling us the whole truth. His action has a convenient piece of plausible deniability, wherein it just doesn't work. Better to get rid of him now than wonder about him in the coming days.

Sawneeks

Banned
Do you read my posts?
What have I missed?

Something something mobile GAF sucks something something grumble grumble

I missed them, my bad. :(

Other than those? Your claim itself. Neutral Survivor is nothing new but a neutral survivor with an ability? And that ability is apparently nothing more then to create parameters against a certain player that they have to follow or... What? Never explained what would happen if they didn't haiku. And your ability might not even work if you could have used it?

And I thought Scrafty's claim had some weird holes but come on.

Top Bottom