• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

snesfreak

Banned
donkey show said:
It's complete:

http://imgur.com/vKEMw.jpg

The official code thread to your dreams!!!

And letters, good looking out with the email shenanigans. :D
code.jpg

feel

donkey show said:
And letters, good looking out with the email shenanigans. :D
No problem. But it made me laugh how you used my email trick on the already hidden online forum, this is some high security shit we got going on for this party's stream. :lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
ATTENTION PEOPLE GOING TO THE PARTY:

We still need speakers!!!

Phthisis said:
I can answer that: ideally, if someone could bring a small Mackie (no bigger than 12") I would be in heaven.

That would be best case.

Otherwise, if someone could bring something comparable (your basic small PA/stage speaker), I would be mighty obliged. I'll throw a free tshirt from our company in it for you.

I'm on the market for new speakers at the moment, which is why I don't have any to bring.

This would really help if someone could bring this, otherwise we are looking at a no-go on the DJ. :(

Also, while at the party can we try to keep it on the down-low that we are streaming this thing to hundreds of gaffers on the internet? Some people might freak or something.....

and uh..... I'll update you on guys on anything else I can think of a bit later.

Any questions?

mcrae

whitehawk said:
Hold on, I'm going to be at my own party tomorrow night. Can someone record the stream so us AFK people can see it?

Shit, someone have this party in Toronto and I will go.

+1

Justin.tv will have a recorded version up for 6 days after the stream ends and I will be capturing it myself. Though I may run out of HDD room if it runs till morning.

Skiesofwonder

cityhunter said:
Skies,

Just sent you a pm, don't know how you want to address it.

Saw it.

Concerning anybody worried about parking:

There is plenty of parking spots within the neighborhood. We have had plenty of parties here of larger size and haven't had any problems so it should work out.

Phthisis

Skiesofwonder said:

This would really help if someone could bring this, otherwise we are looking at a no-go on the DJ. :(

Also, while at the party can we try to keep it on the down-low that we are streaming this thing to hundreds of gaffers on the internet? Some people might freak or something.....

and uh..... I'll update you on guys on anything else I can think of a bit later.

Any questions?

Guy from work might let me borrow his stage speaker. I'm going by his house tomorrow to check it out. I'll update from there (should be around noonish).

In the meantime, if there are any other good samaritans with a PA/stage speaker that wouldn't mind having it set up for the night, can you PM me?

It needs to have either an RCA or stereo input (eighth or quarter inch input, doesn't matter).

There will be music come hell or high water, because I fully plan on rocking your downstairs hard enough to send your home into orbit.

whitehawk

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

Any questions?
AAAGGGHH! Have the party in Toronto honestly. Someone, I know you someone in Toronto is up for the task :lol

MiDNiGHTS said:
Was it 0?
Yeah =\

Anyways, we all know costanza was hated by many in this board. Well, now it's your chance to kick his ass! He'll be attending the party so make sure you put on your best shoes because they'll be bleeding with costanza's ass!

snesfreak

Banned
salva said:
Yeah =\

Anyways, we all know costanza was hated by many in this board. Well, now it's your chance to kick his ass! He'll be attending the party so make sure you put on your best shoes because they'll be bleeding with costanza's ass!
*buys plane ticket*

Skiesofwonder

salva said:
Yeah =\

:lol :lol :lol :lol

salva said:
Yeah =\

Now that you said that he isn't coming for sure. You ruined our surprise attack.

thefit

Did you get the speakers? I've got audiophile 95db per watt vintage speakers they are fucking loud. What type amp is being used? DJ amp?

Meadows

Banned
Violater said:
There could not possibly be enough webcams to capture all the awesome

yeah can't wait to see all of the social awkwardness of the 5 people that turn up, one awkwardly dressed in cosplay or some bullshit expecting it to be funny, but seems quite tragic. day one.

Violater

Meadows said:
yeah can't wait to see all of the social awkwardness of the 5 people that turn up, one awkwardly dressed in cosplay or some bullshit expecting it to be funny, but seems quite tragic. day one.

Bite your tongue, it will be the gafparty of the century!!

Phthisis

thefit said:
Did you get the speakers? I've got audiophile 95db per watt vintage speakers they are fucking loud. What type amp is being used? DJ amp?

No amp unfortunately. Speakers I'm looking at have the amp built in. Running a bit late to check out the other ones I might borrow, but if the guy has an amp, I will PM you, if that's alright.

LETS DO THIS BOAHS!
I just wish the speakers in my current apartment were actually mine....I'd totally bring the house down with them!

PS: whats the deal with parking? Is there plenty of space in the neighborhood and whatnot? and can people crash there if it gets crazy late? (If I did, I'd clean up, I promise!)

Why would you do that? said:
Oh my... This is gonna be really fun. I have no idea why I'm excited for this. I mean, it's just a live stream of a party...

is this is the closest some gaffers get to a real party? :lol

Xal-Shoota said:
LETS DO THIS BOAHS!
I just wish the speakers in my current apartment were actually mine....I'd totally bring the house down with them!

PS: whats the deal with parking? Is there plenty of space in the neighborhood and whatnot? and can people crash there if it gets crazy late? (If I did, I'd clean up, I promise!)
Skies already said parking is a-okay. There'll be enough for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom