• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDylan

just saw your facebook

question: have you hosted an event before where you used that "red carpet" because that is what your picture suggests.

mollipen

whitehawk said:
Every guest should have a name tag with their avatar on it, otherwise no one would know who anyone was.

I would absolutely need this if I went, because I'm much better at remembering avatars than names.

doitlive said:
Most people(and by that I mean me) are waiting to see how this develops. I have to admit, it looks sketchy.

I'll be honest: if at least ten other people are for sure going to be there, I'd consider going. I'm just not sure I could take getting there and it being me and two other people who are sitting there staring at me as I try to find an excuse to run away.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It's not a prank. I would have security at the door if this thing actually happens (to keep any crazies at bay and to keep my home in tact). But I would need close to 30 people committed to coming for me to actually commit myself to it and throw this thing.

And the date is flexible. The day that the most people would be available would be preferred (any suggestions?).

Scribble

Skiesofwonder said:
*sigh*

Only 3 PMs.....

:(

Aw, I'm sorry. I'd come but I live in the UK. Your party sounds cool, especially the cookies, mountain dew and cheetos part. =(
If it's any consolation, I'll eat some biscuits, wotsits and tea and think of you.

S1lent

I'm can't wait to hear how this turns out. :lol

I'm up in Idaho and have no money, so no go for me. Also I don't want to get shanked.

numble

Skiesofwonder said:
It's not a prank. I would have security at the door if this thing actually happens (to keep any crazies at bay and to keep my home in tact). But I would need close to 30 people committed to coming for me to actually commit myself to it and throw this thing.

And the date is flexible. The day that the most people would be available would be preferred (any suggestions?).
A whole house with 30+ people, mostly guys, with security, but no alcohol? What is everyone going to be doing?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
i would totally turn up if I lived a little closer. I can't justify driving from Colorado just for a party.

numble said:
A whole house of 30+ mostly guys, with security, but no alcohol? What is everyone going to be doing?

Wait, there's no alcohol? Why the fuck am I showing up again?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
thetrin said:
Wait, there's no alcohol? Why the fuck am I showing up again?
What are you doing, alone, in your room right now? Would talking to "others" kill you?

FUUUUUU! I sound like my parents.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
BobDylan said:
just saw your facebook

question: have you hosted an event before where you used that "red carpet" because that is what your picture suggests.

I didn't host it no, but yes that was a premiere afterparty, and yes I can basically provide the same that was provided at that party.

Numble said:
A whole house with 30+ people, mostly guys, with security, but no alcohol? What is everyone going to be doing?

I just thought it would be smart to keep it mostly GAF only. I could try and get some girls and other peeps to come, but I don't know if that would be wise. And I figured most of GAF was under 21 so provided alcohol would probably not be wise.

But I am very open to suggestions.

NoRéN

numble said:
Play video games, mingle, eat free food, go to the balcony and answer the age old question: toilet paper, baby wipes, or a full on shower.

Ominym

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

You better be moving soon, because security once wont stop people from coming back at a later date and leaving flaming bags of shit on your porch.

whitehawk

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
I didn't host it no, but yes that was a premiere afterparty, and yes I can basically provide the same that was provided at that party.

I just thought it would be smart to keep it mostly GAF only. I could try and get some girls and other peeps to come, but I don't know if that would be wise. And I figured most of GAF was under 21 so provided alcohol would probably not be wise.

I thought most of GAF was in their 20s and 30s.

S1lent

Skiesofwonder said:

I'm pretty sure most of GAF is over 21.

Feep

Banned
OP, if you want people to show up, you need alcohol.

It's sad, but adults just don't know how to have fun without it.

feel

Skiesofwonder said:
Like it has been said before, please have a webcam with live video on Ustream or Jtv for those that are too far away and can't make it, please, please, please.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn... you know... I could consider it but it'd cost me around 1000 and I need a store to manage. Boo. XD

Cyan said:
Everyone is going to get killed, aren't they.
Lmao, I came into the thread to post exactly this. Looks like a sweet ass set up. Kudos for hosting such an event. If inwas still in the LA area I woulda hit you up for a spot. Looking forward to the pics and stories regardless though.

valparaiso

I had an Al Sharpton friend...Once! Well not a friend really, but we talked a few times. Well one time. Well I yelled out my window "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
everyone please make sure to thank skiesofwonder for his hospitality before leaving the party. i can provide the napkins if necessary.

but seriously, i would so attend this if i didn't live 6000 miles away.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
brianjones said:
meh, get the director's cut of the Thin Red Line and I might consider it

snooty-new-yorker.jpg
I am not sure a print of that exists but hey I am a millionaire. i`ll do what I can.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Skiesofwonder said:
I never said you couldn't bring alcohol.

Oh. Someone said that up there and I thought you mentioned it somewhere.

It's a potential idea though. I would frankly love to go. The plane fare doesn't bother me at all but I am kinda at rush mode right now. Let's see if I fly from Puerto Rico to LA :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Its a cool idea, too bad its next summer that I'm (planning, shit happens and ruins plans, but I am hopeful) spending some time in LA with my buddy or I'd come

If you repeat next year I'll be in.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
hateradio said:
What are you doing, alone, in your room right now? Would talking to "others" kill you?

I am actually drinking right now...soooooo talking with others sounds horrible.

Arjen

Kudo's to you for trying this OP.
I've done a couple of meetings at raves with people from a techno forum, and it was always fun.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hateradio said:

What am I doing in my room now? I'm drinking! ALCOHOL!

Relix said:
Oh. Someone said that up there and I thought you mentioned it somewhere.

It's a potential idea though. I would frankly love to go. The plane fare doesn't bother me at all but I am kinda at rush mode right now. Let's see if I fly from Puerto Rico to LA :lol
Damn, you oughtta smuggle some Bacardi 151, would make for a memorable night; well, you probably wont remember anything really :lol

Beardz

OP, you should put a lot of webcams around the house; I can see myself watching all night, betting who's going to be killed first. :D

u1_my-little-eye.jpg

thetrin

It would be a bit pricy for me to go, but I'm not joking. If the guest list was around 30, I'd be willing to attend.

This sounds like a truly wonderful initiative and if it weren't for the fact that I live in Europe, I would certainly go.

I would love to meet Combine, give hem a hug and tell him everything is going to be all right.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Oh shit I just remembered my father is getting married on the 14th. Guess that means I am really out.

Portland GAF on the other hand we can meet at Eastburn on Tuesdays and get wasted off of $2 pints of micro all night. $0.25 Skee-ball action!

thetrin said:
It would be a bit pricy for me to go, but I'm not joking. If the guest list was around 30, I'd be willing to attend.
OP just needs to rope in Jamie, Koshiba, or thebestjess and I'm sure the attendance will increase.

I'm hoping for Gary Whitta, Bjork or Fistful.

S1lent said:
OT, but is GAF loading really slow for anybody else right now?
I'm on the neogaf web app on a wifi network with iPhone 4. Shit's like greased lightning. Switching the rendering mode to Chrome and it's still fast when I load up the OT.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I'm too scared to go, maybe if it was a daytime event. IRL GAFter dark would just be scary (and utterly sad, right?).

I can't even drink because of my reflux.
>.>;

thetrin said:
What am I doing in my room now? I'm drinking! ALCOHOL!
When are you going to get off the booze and start doing something with your life! *insert melodrama*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom