• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Sophia

Stanley was gunning hardcore for Zipped for some reason. Both days those were his only votes, and both days he didn't switch.

Zipped also had his vote on Stanley on day 1, and moved it off rather quickly in favor of Droplet.

Stanley was gunning hardcore for Zipped for some reason. Both days those were his only votes, and both days he didn't switch.

Zipped also had his vote on Stanley on day 1, and moved it off rather quickly in favor of Droplet.

# trust the gut

so when you guys say the banana might have been a redirect, what exactly do you mean by that? iv never seen it in a game before and dont want to go making to many assumptions.
my initial impression of what went down was the banana causing the lynch to pass Sophia and go to whoever was second in votes at the time.

Sophia

# trust the gut

so when you guys say the banana might have been a redirect, what exactly do you mean by that? iv never seen it in a game before and dont want to go making to many assumptions.
my initial impression of what went down was the banana causing the lynch to pass Sophia and go to whoever was second in votes at the time.

i might just be reading into flavor too much, but sophias banana doesn't strike me as a poison,
the flavor of feeling 'fruity and strange' makes me think its effect will be something weirder as opposed to something just objectively threatening.
but i guess time will tell on this mystery.

Huh.... Stanley, did you know about the banana beforehand? You were the only person as far as I can tell to suggest something other than a role block or poison on Day 2. Likewise, you suggested it wasn't something "objectively threatening", but weirder... and sure enough what happened at the end of Day 2 was pretty weird.

Huh.... Stanley, did you know about the banana beforehand? You were the only person as far as I can tell to suggest something other than a role block or poison on Day 2. Likewise, you suggested it wasn't something "objectively threatening", but weirder... and sure enough what happened at the end of Day 2 was pretty weird.

nope, i was just reading into the flavor, the particulars of 'fruity and strange' just really made me think it wasnt any kind of poison, i mean who the hell would ever describe a poison as 'fruity'?
and honestly i was expecting something even more unorthodox from it, like the bizarre haiku and rhyme effects from night vale, but then i guess this game is turning out more normal than i expected.
a shame to, for a bachelor party i was expecting more
St
anarchy

Flame_AC

Huh, I didn't think the next Day started until Monday. Good think I happened to check I guess.

We're working with a very limited information set, but I agree there should be some good stuff at the end of the day.

I am of course standing by my vanilla claim. Sophia, Squidy, myself, Droplet, are all supposed vanilla. We have had a tanner and a two shot tracker. That's 6 of the 14 roles, so there must be some other stuff out there that people aren't willing to share yet. Not asking people to claim, just saying that there's still plenty of space for crazy roles.

I assume we bought ourselves at least a day or so thanks to the Zipped lynch?

Gorlak

Banned
Dammit. Going with you, Gorlak. Still don't trust squid. Hope you're still around.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

Look at the immediate reactions:

Going with Gorlak, the person currently on Sophia who is only switching in the event of a tie, which you just created?
going with anyone when no one is confirmed, there's a problem.
wtf? Why would you tie it up like that.

How would in the event of a tie me changing to zipped and you unvoting resolve the tie?
I'll unvote if we don't break the tie

You didn't feel good about squidyj, fair point. Why did you throw your vote to squidyj? To make a point?

While I still have some trouble to see a (scum) motivation here, your behaviour was weird. Would you please try to explain it?

Gorlak

Banned
A lot of speculation is floating around about how zipped got lynched, if no one comes forward we can't say for sure if it was a redirect, an override or vote steal? Sophia having a power is also possible (though she denies it).

I agree that a vote steal is unlikely, but the same goes for an override, doesn't it? I have not seen a hidden one in a game yet.

What happened there yesterday? Flame was in the lead, when he claimed ordinary. That was enough for me (and others) to change to Sophia. So Kawl and me went from Flame to Sophia. Squidyj went from Flame to Sophia to unvote. Zipped also voted last minute on Sophia, but I can't say that makes me feel better about her. But if both were scum wouldn't they go after Flame?

Why did both Zipped and Flame have their votes on Kawl beforehand?

Sophia

Why did both Zipped and Flame have their votes on Kawl beforehand?

Something related to this that we need to take into account.

Vote: Kawl_USC

Cheers Kawl.
It's a few hours before the end of the day, and while I don't have a lot of reasons to vote the way I'm about to but this is my reasoning.

I'm was thinking of voting for flame today, out of the people at the top of that vote count there are squidyj, flame and myself. I don't want to die, so as second place my initial gut read is to look into who has more votes than me and see why others think he is scum.

But then I looked into flame_AC, and I don't think he is scum, I think he's town. So I'm going against my gut and voting for someone else.

Well what about squidyj? He is viable alternative, but he has slowed his posting today, trying to be more useful in his views today. Which makes me think he is town as well.

So where does that leave me? I know I'm town, so I'm not voting myself.

Vote: kawl_USC

I don't like the pressure he has suddenly put on, it sounds more like scum trying to throw shade then real town reads.

Flame doesn't provide a reason immediately for voting Kawl, but then Zipped (who we know is scum now) rules out Flame with rather flimsy justifications? It's very similar to what I noted in Day 2 from Zipped, where his reasons for jumping on the Droplet train were very flimsy too. This also isn't the first time Flame has thrown out votes without really explaining them. He never explained his vote on squidyj at the start of Day 2, despite Crimson calling him out on it, and we know what Squidy's alignment is now... :\

Sophia

Some other Day 1 observations regarding Zipped/Cabot/Flame/Stanley

Ok, so after reading the thread, I have two observations

1). I really don't understand Squidyj's position on flame_AC. Is flame hinting at gossip or is he doing something else. Did he post the wrong thing and everyone is misinterpreting it? Or did I miss a post from flame?

2). I'm torn on who has less activity, kawl, stanleypalmetree or myself... Usually at this point I'm voting inactivity (because it's as good a reason to vote day 1 as most others since scum coasts).

So I'm thinking stanleypalmetree, I had to go back farther to see a post from him and he scum read me.

vote: stanleypalmetree

1) wrong spelling

2) you chose him because he scum reads you? so its basically a OMGUS.

Flame is less active than those three if you're going for inactives. Why did you exclude him

I excluded flame, because I already talked about him in the previous comment. you are right he is just as inactive as stanleypalmtree and I.

You are wrong again though, still town. that makes ten times you know? Yeah I did chose stan over another person because of the scum read. Why not? It's day 1, it's not quite a coin flip, but since I know what I am (forever town) I know he is barking up the wrong trees. Why does that leave you off the hook? Because you and I play very different games of Mafia. So we scum read each other every game and are wrong about it.

Stanleypalmtree comes out of woodwork as soon as another vote comes his way. If it wasn't day 1 I would consider that a scum tell. But it's day 1. And madness will ensue.

Stanley I think you may be scum but only time will tell.

That being said,

unvote

Honestly I don't think kawl is a good lynch candidate either. Drop on the other hand...

Drop posted a response to accusations but not an actual defense. It could be tiredness (that's what Drop claims) but it could be a conscious decision.

So I'm leaning... No I'm actually voting for

vote: droplet

Firstly, Zipped seems to have excluded Flame in his inactive peoples comment, and bizarrely added Kawl. Only when Cabot (tanner, but effectively town in this scenario) calls him out does he add in Flame to that list. Secondly, Zipped seems to be suggesting that Squidy's viewpoint is questionable here instead of Flame_AC's view. Everyone else, including Squidy, was questioning Flame's behavior not to question Cabot. Seems rather significant in light that Squdiy is town now. Next, we see Zipped throw shade on Stanley as he unvotes.

I think Flame_AC is scum. His votes have been weird, frequently unexplained. His actions in light of cabot's flip make little sense. Zipped, a confirmed scum, seem to be ignoring him on Day 1, and implicated him as town on Day 2.

I also am leaning slightly town on Stanley. Firstly, he was on a scum both days, which would be a really weird bussing attempt if they were both scum. Secondly, I can't fathom why Zipped would directly draw attention to his scummate's flaws like that.

Look at the immediate reactions:

How would in the event of a tie me changing to zipped and you unvoting resolve the tie?

You didn't feel good about squidyj, fair point. Why did you throw your vote to squidyj? To make a point?

While I still have some trouble to see a (scum) motivation here, your behaviour was weird. Would you please try to explain it?

If you changed your vote, I would have left mine. if the tie remained, i would unvote to break it. I switched to squid to have a vote out rather than just unvote once it seemed sophia was ultimately going to be the target.

Don't think Stanley or Kawl have checked in yet.

Interesting that nobody has claimed responsibility for what happened yesterday. If it was a town one shot role, I'd have expected them to. So either it wasn't a one shot, which sounds a little overpowered, or it's not a town role. Which would be odd, since Zipped died as a result of it.

Flame_AC

Oof, that reasoning by Sophia/Gorlak is pretty good.

From the outside, it looks pretty bad, but there isn't a way I can show you that I am just vanilla townie.

Did anyone get any items? Another poker chip or fruit?
Not me.

Don't think Stanley or Kawl have checked in yet.

Interesting that nobody has claimed responsibility for what happened yesterday. If it was a town one shot role, I'd have expected them to. So either it wasn't a one shot, which sounds a little overpowered, or it's not a town role. Which would be odd, since Zipped died as a result of it.
Stanley has two posts this phase.

The second paragraph is actually a good thought. If it was an override, it surely wasn't Scum and for Town it had to be 1-shot, balance wise. If it was Sophia with a Scum role, well, it was Sophia with a Scum role. If it was the banana was some kind of "You can't get lynched" thing, I can't even wrap my head around how to balance this... On the other hand, if it was some 1-shot thing, it may not be good play for the owner to reveal that since he would then basically be Vanilla Town.

Oof, that reasoning by Sophia/Gorlak is pretty good.

From the outside, it looks pretty bad, but there isn't a way I can show you that I am just vanilla townie.
So you aren't even trying to justify it?

The second paragraph is actually a good thought. If it was an override, it surely wasn't Scum and for Town it had to be 1-shot, balance wise. If it was Sophia with a Scum role, well, it was Sophia with a Scum role. If it was the banana was some kind of "You can't get lynched" thing, I can't even wrap my head around how to balance this... On the other hand, if it was some 1-shot thing, it may not be good play for the owner to reveal that since he would then basically be Vanilla Town.

It clears up what happened and gives us someone who would be almost confirmed town. Much more useful than a vanilla claim.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

gryvan (1)
CrimsonFist

flatearthpandas (1)
Gorlak

5 votes are needed for majority

Day 3 ends in:
blu_1462914000.png

Flame_AC

To RoyalFlush, no, I can't really try and justify it. My actions then were my actions then, I happened to be on the wrong side of the lynch train with Zipped.

Kawl_USC

hi sorry, been a bit out of it this weekend. I should have a more meaningful post ready by tomorrow in the morning.

Sophia

I also have a feeling that FEP might be another member of the scum team, but I don't feel as strongly about it as I do Flame. Gorlak, you've voted FEP already. What do you think?

I've checked in kind of. Cabot claims to be a miller. If I was a miller personally I would probably keep it to myself because I am consistently read scummy and am better off trying to find scum before I get checked.

I've never played with cabot but if people tend to read him as town he's probably better off getting the miller claim out early regardless of alignment.

A supposed miller is a better lynch than a random to me so I would be fine lynching him. Unless there is no cop, I don't know how the game mechanics would give him away.

Question for everyone, is there any point in keeping our identities secret (names, not roles)?
This game is alarmingly quiet with deadline looming.

Regarding FEP, this was always in my mind:

This stuck out to me because it felt like he was prematurely excusing scummy behaviour. Could be nothing (day one and all) but it was interesting to me.

As Cabot noted, prematurely excusing scummy behaviour. We know Cabot was not scum now, so he was not simply throwing shade on a scum buddy here.

I'm going to try and keep track as day end approaches but I might not be able to.

My top scum right now. Kawl. Squidy. StarSketch. Droplet. Not strong reads per se but all I've got.

Kawls urging for prs to keep quiet and eat a lynch still rubs me the wrong way. We finished that conversation at a good place but that should be expected. Squidy's team test gives me a headache every time i read over it. Droplet I don't really have a reason for. Star seems to be phoning the game in a bit. Four is probably too many but these are day one and everything's in the air.

Vote: Kawl_USC

Day 1 top scum includes two confirmed townies, with vauge "not strong reads."Votes for Kawl here. As I noted back in Day 1, usually when someone is in your top scum, you have more to go on than simply gut reads.

Honestly, I was a bit shocked by how many people found nukedeggs super town yesterday. Obviously it wasn't wrong but it seems more like weak justification for the nk.

Droplet is fucked. Even among those who didn't vote for her, we have people myself included, vocalizing agreement on the lynch
No. What i meant was that even people with no vote on her voiced opinions on droplet being an okay target. So there's more to consider than just the actual, while those are important. I got called out for including her on a scum reads with almost no explanation, and others, though, certainly not everyone, voiced some suspicion without voting.

I guess my takeaway is just that I don't expect more than two scum on the vote, if even that. I wouldn't be surprised if there were none

People who expressed disagreement on a Droplet lynch include nukediggs and myself.

When questioned on it, he backpeddels on what he meant and suggests that there might not even be scum on the lynch train. We know that's false now as Zipped was on it.

Ehh, I guess right now I'm feeling Royal, Kawl, and idk. Starsketch can hold onto the spot if i need a name.

I thought Royal would be the nk because he struck me as one of the more active and useful posters yesterday with no real suspicion on him. The most noticeable thing about nukedeggs to me was so many people finding her super town.

Cabot is my other top poster, but wasn't expecting an nk due to miller status.
Certainly not active, I misspoke there. I was actually surprised how few posts you had when I looked at that at the end of day. How this works is that when players I perceive as more useful to the town survive longer than ones I perceive as less useful, I get suspicious. Thre is the thing with your vote on Droplet as well.

Thinks Royal would be the NK because he was one of the more active posters. Was apparently surprised that people found nuke super town. Later backpedels on it after Royal himself calls it out.

So end of day yesterday. Squid is leading the vote at t-3 hours. Kawl puts in a tie on zipped to shake things up. Droplet had two votes at this point. Nukedeggs throws a bit of shade my way before the tie and cabot jumps on it but no votes.

Flame breaks the tie toward droplet about 2.5 hours before deadline. An hour later Royal and Star seal the deal. End of day is quiet.

Worth noting, droplet vote started with a cabot shitpost and then squidy omgus' her with pretty weak (imo) reasoning. Cabot jumps off.

Sophia and I both voiced agreement with the droplet lynch, me in my list that Sophia found suspicious, Sophia herself as a sort of yolo who cares reaction to the train later. Maybe not as much agreement as i remembered, but that still gives 7 of 14 players at least with some vocalized consent.

I guess between zipped and squid, I feel like there's one scum. Likely not both of them. Maybe another between flame, royal, and star. Flame walked out of the abyss to start the three-way tie, raising the stakes from the two-way kawl purposefully set up.

Vote: squidyj

Votes squidyj, a confirmed townie.

To be fair, a vanilla should endeavor to be a pr read imo. I've been flip-flopping on sophia. Right now, i think she's town though.

Top 3 town:
Gorlak
Somhia
Idk

Scum:
Squidy
Royal
Kawl/Cabot

Flame, i get why others would be suspicious but i don't have it. Him and Zipped are about equal on posts and read through them, and I'm torn between zipped and squid tbh (zipped not in my list because i do think it's one or the other). Not solid either. Would be an epic fuck up if we passed for some random (like droplet, you assholes) and missed two. Zipped brought that up, not sure why, when he was on the chopping block. Assume he doesn't mean himself, so let's get some color by numbers explanation, huh?

Here's the big one. His scum list here has a townie in Squidy, and Cabot who was a tanner. Note the comparisons between Flame, Zipped, and Squid here. Doesn't think Flame is suspcious, and has them about equal with Zipped. Zipped is also mysterously not in his list because he thinks it's one or the other with Squidy, a townie. Also throws random shade on the Droplet lynch here.

Dammit. Going with you, Gorlak. Still don't trust squid. Hope you're still around.

Vote: Zippedpinhead
I mean you said you would switch to zipped if there was a tie. Don't feel good about squidy deciding the vote.

Infamously causes a tie here, despite saying that Zipped was not in his scum list earlier. For some reason he doesn't feel good about squidy deciding the vote, but mentions nothing of Zipped deciding the vote, despite the fact that Zipped's vote was the final vote on me, and should have sealed my fate.

gryvan

sorry about today, mother's day and all

so...I started to grasp a little bit on the couple days but after that weird voting shenanigans...I'm completely confused as to who feels/have more of a scum vibe...like literally everyone feels null read for me atm...I may have to start poking people for my own questions which I haven't created for them yet...

Although looking at it again...its a bit suspicious that sophia dodged a huge ass bullet from town but at the same time it could be a setup to frame said person...

Causing the tie was a push to lynch Zipped. I didn't have much time but when there was a three way tie, I read over Flame, Zipped, and Sophia's posts and decided Zipped was most suitable for a lynch. With him confirmed scum, not sure what you think my scum play was there.

If Sophia was scum, why would I try and save her by bussing another scum? If she's town, why would I try and save her by bussing a teammate?

Now, I feel really good about crimson after last night. Either an opportunistic as hell bus or he's town. Think town is more likely.

I spent a lot of time looking at Gorlak last night but didn't come up with much. Kind of weird exchange with kawl. I feel okay about Gorlak as well despite him almost actually tying us up.

Sophia, I'm not sure about now that we know squid was town. I already mentioned I found zipped's comments odd when he voted her. She was happy to eat a lynch, rather than have a tie, urging the town to look closely at me in the context of her flip, which I found weird. If she was scum that would look pretty bad for me, rushing to "save" her (not really) but in the context of the actual flip (my target, a scum) i don't think i look that bad. I do think that if she was town, a tie should have been preferable to a ml if she was on the block. I think she knew she wouldn't be lynched. Otherwise, why so eager to allow an ml? If she also knew zipped would eat it, i would tend to think she was town. At any rate, think it's time for Sophia to fess up.

I feel pretty good about Stanley, sitting on scum both nights, even if not with great explanation.

Kawl I'm iffy on but i found most of his posts yesterday as being useful. His votes look... eh.

Star dropped out. Was nervous and inactive before. Seen nerves cause her to fumble her own role descriptions even as town, but I could see this time being scum. Want to hear plenty from gryvan today.

Royal still super inactive. Content and votes seem okay.

Going to read up on Flame again today. He seems to slip through the cracks for me, but votes aren't screaming scum.

I think it's unlikely all three scum were on droplet, but very possible two were. Here's my scenario: zipped is on her. Scum buddy kawl puts a vote on zipped to spread things out and set up the tie allowing the vote to stay in the realms of zipped, droplet, or squid, two of whom were town. Royal breaks toward droplet and scum buddy star seals the deal.

Question is was there a scum on the squid vote? Flame spoke in squid's defense and followed his vote onto droplet. Squid thought there several. His vote had droplet, crimson, gorlak, and very briefly kawl (safe to say he wasn't in this suspicion). I would be inclined to think it would be gorlak before crimson. Could have been none.

Sophia

Causing the tie was a push to lynch Zipped. I didn't have much time but when there was a three way tie, I read over Flame, Zipped, and Sophia's posts and decided Zipped was most suitable for a lynch. With him confirmed scum, not sure what you think my scum play was there.

If Sophia was scum, why would I try and save her by bussing another scum? If she's town, why would I try and save her by bussing a teammate?

Hmm... you have a fairly good point here. From a scum standpoint, you really had zero reason to get involved. I think that's decent enough evidence to remove you from the list of scum suspects unless anyone has any objections?

Now, I feel really good about crimson after last night. Either an opportunistic as hell bus or he's town. Think town is more likely.

Crimson huh...? I've been gut reading him town, but I haven't looked at him at all for today.

Sophia, I'm not sure about now that we know squid was town. I already mentioned I found zipped's comments odd when he voted her. She was happy to eat a lynch, rather than have a tie, urging the town to look closely at me in the context of her flip, which I found weird. If she was scum that would look pretty bad for me, rushing to "save" her (not really) but in the context of the actual flip (my target, a scum) i don't think i look that bad. I do think that if she was town, a tie should have been preferable to a ml if she was on the block. I think she knew she wouldn't be lynched. Otherwise, why so eager to allow an ml? If she also knew zipped would eat it, i would tend to think she was town. At any rate, think it's time for Sophia to fess up.

You'll find there's nothing to fess up about. Despite my shitty performance on Day 2, I've been truthful entirely about my role and my actions, and I'll argue that point even if I'm on the chopping block again.

Zipped's comment is bothering me tho. I can think of a few theories for it, including the possibility that he might have wanted to claim tracker on this day phase and didn't expect to die. Alternatively, perhaps because nobody has spoken up or claimed responsibility for the Day 2 endgame nonsense, maybe it was a scum gone wrong? As I told you before, I don't really know.

Roles:

Droplet: vanilla town
Squidyj: vanilla town
Nukedeggs: vanilla town
Zippedpinhead: scum two-shot tracker
Cabot: neutral tanner
??: redirect, override, possible fruit vendor
??: Unconfirmed fruit vendor (poker chip)

Flame: vanilla claim
Sophia: vanilla claim

Royal: unclaimed
Fep: unclaimed
Gryvan: unclaimed
Gorlak: unclaimed
Kawl: unclaimed
Stanley: unclaimed
Crimson: unclaimed

Almost 1/4 of the game is confirmed vanilla now. We know there is at least one pretty powerful town pr, though it could be several different things. Scum role revealed is not that powerful. If we believe both Flame and Sophia, over 1/3 of the game is vanilla. What do we think about that? It seems likely to me that most pr's there might be are fairly weak.

Sophia

Going back through Royal's posts right now, and while I'm still on Day 1, I'm town reading him simply because he pushed Zipped hard on a few things early on.

Sophia

Yeah... Royal's very likely town. His votes were in the right place, and he all the right arguments. In light of later events, nothing really stuck out.

I'm looking over Kawl now. The first thing that immediately pops out is that he had a lot of counter-arguments for Flame back in Day 1, after Flame claimed he wasn't going to ask cabot questions openly. There's enough of it that it doesn't seem like scum openly bantering in the topic. I need to read over the rest of Kawl's posts, but it's something to take in consideration depending on who we decide to lynch today.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

gryvan (1)
CrimsonFist

flatearthpandas (1)
Gorlak

Kawl_USC (1)
Flame_AC

5 votes are needed for majority

Day 3 ends in:
blu_1462914000.png

Kawl_USC

Flame hinted at something day 1 and gained some heat. Today he comes out with an ordinary claim. I'm inclined to believe him over Sophia.

Gorlak, I'm not sure I followed your reasoning here. Could you explain it a bit more for me?

As far as gryvan, it comes down to the last post of the day by star:
Vote: Flame_AC

Your hinting at having a claim only to say you're vanilla reminds me greatly Of something that happened in PW. Of course the player in question was very suspicious in retrospect so.

Where shortly after Crimson rubutted that by saying two people did so in Pw one as town one as scum and she never responded which seems like a scum member dropping a vote with what they think is a pretty good reason and running away when challenged.

And also gryvans post saying that you surviving a lynch is suspicious but that it could also be an attempted frame job. I don't like the hedging of bets/lack of a hard stance.

I will say your case for Flame is interesting. A lot of it seems to depend on tying zipped to him via missing from reads day 1, the gut read day denial post day 2, and semi sheeping the vote on me. To me this reads more like zipped was trying to develop Flame as a patsy in the case he went down. If you can set up a town person to get lynched following your death that's a pretty solid swing for scum. I may have missed it but do you have posts tying flame to zipped more so than the other way around?

Gorlak

Banned
I spent a lot of time looking at Gorlak last night but didn't come up with much. Kind of weird exchange with kawl. I feel okay about Gorlak as well despite him almost actually tying us up.

You sleeky bastard. Don't you dare blame this shit on me now! wtf... you intentionally create a tie, forcing me to change to my lynch target #2 and blame me for what could have been? You unvoted in the same moment I wanted to change my vote. You just happened to be a second faster. I definitely am not solely responsible for what happened and "could've been" back there.

Kawl_USC

You sleeky bastard. Don't you dare blame this shit on me now! wtf... you intentionally create a tie, forcing me to change to my lynch target #2 and blame me for what could have been? You unvoted in the same moment I wanted to change my vote. You just happened to be a second faster. I definitely am not solely responsible for what happened and "could've been" back there.

That tie and confusion I put mostly on Feps shoulders rest assure Gorlak. I did have a question up above if you would be so kind as to answer id greatly appreciate it.

I also think if you are a town sided role that gave out the banana and know that it is indeed the reason Sophia is still with us, consider long and hard revealing that information. Unless you are multi shot. I would probably reveal in your situation, clears up a lot of confusion about yesterday's end. Of course as always that your own call though.

Alternatively, could it be a 3rd party aiming to reaim say 2 lynches via banana? Although numerically I don't think that lines up as it would be 2 neutrals in a 14 person game, meaning either 8v3v1v1 or 9v2v1v1. First feels too scum sided, seconded feels a bit too town sided.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak, I'm not sure I followed your reasoning here. Could you explain it a bit more for me?

Flame dropped some hints at having a PR. That looks like a good approach to attract the scum nk. I'd say that is a reasonable way to play if you are ordinary as well, instead of the "insecure", passive Sophia way of "you have to do the work" we saw as well. The preemptive claim was worrying me, Flame's claim was simply more believable to me.

Gorlak

Banned
No worries, just wanted to make sure you saw it.

By extension of your logic, isn't not hinting at a role a semi soft claim if you expect a skilled player?

You're saying everyone who keeps his role close to his chest and says nothing would be soft claiming a PR? Errhh, I'm sure I didn't say that.

Wait, there is a double negative, can you rephrase your question?

Kawl_USC

You're saying everyone who keeps his role close to his chest and says nothing would be soft claiming a PR? Errhh, I'm sure I didn't say that.

Wait, there is a double negative, can you rephrase your question?

Nah you pretty much got it. I wasn't truly being serious but more having fun with carrying the logic out to the extreme.

If soft claiming and trying to draw a night kill is optimal play for a ordinary town, then optimal play for a pr would be to keep quiet and let those gambity ordinaries take the heat.

But like I said, mostly in jest. Your answer clears up the confusion I had, thanks.

Flame_AC

Flame dropped some hints at having a PR. That looks like a good approach to attract the scum nk. I'd say that is a reasonable way to play if you are ordinary as well, instead of the "insecure", passive Sophia way of "you have to do the work" we saw as well. The preemptive claim was worrying me, Flame's claim was simply more believable to me.

:)

Gorlak knows what's up.

Sophia

Sorry about the long delay, Kawl. I had to go help set up an HDTV for my stepdad, which turned into ALSO setting up a Windows XP machine to the internet.

As far as gryvan, it comes down to the last post of the day by star:

Where shortly after Crimson rubutted that by saying two people did so in Pw one as town one as scum and she never responded which seems like a scum member dropping a vote with what they think is a pretty good reason and running away when challenged.

And also gryvans post saying that you surviving a lynch is suspicious but that it could also be an attempted frame job. I don't like the hedging of bets/lack of a hard stance.

It's hard to get a read on gryvan, because Star didn't provide much information. I'm not sure what to make of that vote of Star's either, seeing as I'm unaware of the specific scenario in PW. As a counterpoint to gryvan, and repeating what I told Crimson earlier, I unvoted fully with the intent to prevent a tie. Coincidentally, I'm still here, still arguing my point, still being fairly active in response to conversations, and still just as confused as to what happened as everyone seems is or appears to be.

One thing that doesn't help Grayvan's favor (IMO) is Star's "Squidy or Droplet" nonsense form Day 1. She had no real justification for either of those votes, jumped on the bandwagon for Droplet, and now both of them are confirmed townies... and also dead.

I will say your case for Flame is interesting. A lot of it seems to depend on tying zipped to him via missing from reads day 1, the gut read day denial post day 2, and semi sheeping the vote on me. To me this reads more like zipped was trying to develop Flame as a patsy in the case he went down. If you can set up a town person to get lynched following your death that's a pretty solid swing for scum. I may have missed it but do you have posts tying flame to zipped more so than the other way around?

I don't appear to have anything in my notes about it. Looking things over, you may be right, as I do not see anything that links them the other way around. One thing that stands out is this commentary from Royal from Day 1 when I first brought up the possibility of a Flame lynch.

I don't see how "I don't want to ask that question" is a good Scum play. Overall he has done quite some scummy things, it's only this that kind of holds me back.

And indeed, he has a point. Drawing attention to the fact that he's asking questions like he did on Day 1 is not particularly good scum play, especially so early on in a game like this where it's bound to be brought back up. Likewise, if gryvan/star is scum, then I seriously doubt there were three scum on the lynch train. What do you think about that, Kawl/Royal?

Unvote

Kawl_USC

Not much has changed since Flame's claim struck me as ringing true. I think if he's scum that was a pretty massive risk. I don't see it, especially when one of the other front runners was scum.

I've got my vote on gryvan and it's where I believe there is likely scum.

Any particular reason you are asking me and royal in particular, and not say FEP or Gorlak who I think have been as active in producing good thoughts and opinions?

I created the situation in general but we all bear responsibility for our actions in the chaos. Not trying to throw any shade at you though, it was hectic and worked out extremely well in the end and, for what it's worth, I feel pretty good about you.

I think maybe you're keeping quiet about something though. You've lost that gorlak aggression we talked so much about yesterday.

In other news, where the hell is Stanley? Gryvan never came back either. Where is everyone?

We're at about 7:2 town to scum. ML today is 5:2 day 4. ML tomorrow is 3:2 lylo Day 5. So we have some wiggle room but can't really afford to just clear inactives.

That said, Star has the worst voting history imo and being inactive certainly doesn't help.

Vote: Gryvan

Gorlak, still want to hear about your new quietness most of all right now. Anyone else notice this?

Of course I realize after posting Gorlak has a bunch of posts. Want to clarify it is the zeroing in on small things. Actually, fuck it. Maybe I'm just crazy. Just woke up a bit ago.

Sophia

Not much has changed since Flame's claim struck me as ringing true. I think if he's scum that was a pretty massive risk. I don't see it, especially when one of the other front runners was scum.

I've got my vote on gryvan and it's where I believe there is likely scum.

Any particular reason you are asking me and royal in particular, and not say FEP or Gorlak who I think have been as active in producing good thoughts and opinions?

No particular reason. Was responding to you, and quoted Royal, that's all.

On mobile right now, I'll be back to my PC in 45~ minutes.

gryvan

So I just noticed zipped was scum lol...

alright so I was looking through zipped's quotes and all and a couple of the quotes have been caught my attention

One question and a response to cabot's "who would I chose between Sophia and kawl"

Flush, are you looking for a response from me or question? Was this a prod vote? Or am I scum without the possibility of being town.

Cabot, if the vote was a thunder dome between Sophia and kawl with no other options. Based on gameplay so far I would save Sophia and lynch kawl. I feel Sophia (as scum reading of me that she is this game) is far more supportive and structured for town than kawl has been. Kawl has been active but not to Sophia's level. Sophia also has been giving us good reads and insights, I feel that kawl has not been.

It's a few hours before the end of the day, and while I don't have a lot of reasons to vote the way I'm about to but this is my reasoning.

I'm was thinking of voting for flame today, out of the people at the top of that vote count there are squidyj, flame and myself. I don't want to die, so as second place my initial gut read is to look into who has more votes than me and see why others think he is scum.

But then I looked into flame_AC, and I don't think he is scum, I think he's town. So I'm going against my gut and voting for someone else.

Well what about squidyj? He is viable alternative, but he has slowed his posting today, trying to be more useful in his views today. Which makes me think he is town as well.

So where does that leave me? I know I'm town, so I'm not voting myself.

Vote: kawl_USC

I don't like the pressure he has suddenly put on, it sounds more like scum trying to throw shade then real town reads.

these 2 posts were constantly pushing for kawl like really really hard...

but at the same time, in one of his posts, he mentions flame saying hes town

He also tries to deflect away from what cabot posted which was:

Alright Crimson, zipped/flame/squidy or Sophia?

If you had to choose between the two.

Follow up question: one of the ordinary claims or someone unclaimed like....zipped for example

which zipped responded with this

Almost goes without saying, not me. I know I'm town, it's those other people I know nothing about. Though between flame, Sophia and a not me person from your list? I would choose a person that had not claimed and was not me.

he redirects it to people who didn't roleclaim yet...

So I have a couple theories that I wanna say:

1) Using some of zipped's quotes, I will assume that
Kawl - Town (trying to get him lynched)
Flame - Scum
Sophia - Town (still feels a little bit scummish due to some excellent posts but i need look up quotes)

2) Or that it could be
Kawl - Scum (trying to gambit on an argument between 2 scums to make them both look town)
Flame - Scum (can't find anything that makes him feel town...like I can't believe said claim either)
Sophia - Town

Oh and I personally love vanilla ice cream~

Thats what I can gather from zipped's quotes...I'll probably look through others later

Top Bottom