• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Ugh more snow again today.
We should have known that the bleaching of the landscape last week meant Bey was coming

iHrB3FulBWutI.gif

But Xtina might snatch a follicle if the two sing live together.

Would she though?

Honestly I don't think there's much of a disparity between their vocal skills at this point. Xtina can run circles around her in acrobatics but Gaga wins out on vibrato and control. Thoughts, Mumei??

botty

Banned
I hope you all take some time tonight to hop off the Beyonce bandwagon for just a sec to watch the performance of the year on The Voice.

ibhIXv5W7gMmIp.gif

Trigger

Would she though?

Honestly I don't think there's much of a disparity between their vocal skills at this point. Xtina can run circles around her in acrobatics but Gaga wins out on vibrato and control. Thoughts, Mumei??

I too would like to hear Mumei's thoughts. I was under the impression that Xtina has the better voice, but poor technique.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

"Probably won't make no money off this, oh well," Beyoncé shrugs on her new album's moody, amorphous second track, "Haunted." And I say this with the requisite curtsy to the Queen, but: bullshit. True, in both content and form, Beyoncé is a risk—an emotionally candid, unconventionally structured experimental pop record that was released digital-only with absolutely no promotion—but we know now that she is going to make a little bit of money off this. Still, how could you not know all along that you've got a blockbuster on your hands, when there is a song on your record like "XO"?

"XO" is one of those big, boundary-obliterating pop songs that demands to be projected onto the sky, like the aural equivalent of a firework. There will be a supercut of people all over the world lip-syncing and doing cute hand motions to "XO" by the end of this week. It's the Beyoncé cut that Ed McMahon would ride for. One of the guys from Skeleton Crew is going to propose to his girlfriend while "XO" is playing and she will say yes. "XO" is the reason why anyone you know who has said, "Yeah, but where are the hooks on Beyoncé?" did not listen to the entire album. Chris Martin is listening to "XO" right now, crying. And, because perfection is overrated, all of the flawlessness here is brilliantly undercut by that gravelly croak in her lower register when she growls, "Baby love me, lights out." You kill us, Bey.

Pitchfork better stan. All the indie cred in the world can't save them from the Queen of Pop.

DMeisterJ

Banned

More and more, I'm so glad my fave avoided the mess that is 2013. I cannot with how this year has unfolded.

I've been watching for the signs
Took a trip to clear my mind, oh
Now I'm even more lost
And you're still so fine, oh my oh my
Been having conversations about breakups and separations
I'm not feeling like myself since the baby
Are we gonna even make it, oh?
Cause if we are, we're taking this a little too far
If we are, we're taking this a little too far
Baby, if we are, we're taking this a little too far
Me being wherever I'm at, worried about wherever you
We're taking this a little too far

5GC8vI1.gif

STAN the second best song on the alberm.

I too would like to hear Mumei's thoughts. I was under the impression that Xtina has the better voice, but poor technique.

Well, logically speaking, a great voice is nothing without proper technique and knowing how to use it.

While Xtina may have a bigger range and whatnot, she uses her voice ineptly and therefore Gaga wins regardless.

ibhIXv5W7gMmIp.gif

Mumei

Would she though?

I think there's a large disparity, and Gaga wins out on basically everything.

And I don't give Christina credit for her agility. It's so frequently out of tune and insensible that I don't know why anyone would. Having an agile voice is not enough for me to think of someone as an agile singer; you actually have to do it well for me to be impressed. It's the difference between someone marrying training with natural ability to perform a perfect routine in figure skating, and someone with some natural ability who spurns training and instead flails about, does a few spins, and sometimes land on her feet - and sometimes fall on her ass. Christina's agility is of the latter type.

..... Grimes signed to the Roc Nation. PercheD. The wigs will be blown off soon. Lorde tried.

... Lady Gaga and Xtina on the Voice tonight? Ugh, let's not forget how whack Xtina performance was with her Selena Gomez clone..But Gaga better serve DWUW better than the other chick on stage even tho that won't be hard to do.

Who's winning the Voice? Big ups to my Jamaican Gyal Tessanne . She ah tek ova! [Yes that was Jamaican speech]

XO is amazing. That part "You Love me like XO!! ".... That gives me goosebumps everytime. One time I almost crashed because how much this song impacted my body muscles. I couldn't even move and my brain fizzed up for a second. So good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Still not even close to being in line with the physical market share.
I thought this release changed the game?

I think it might be a bit much to drag Bey for not providing internet to large swathes of the developing world and changing purchasing habits in Europe with her album release.

I mean she's only just got done punching your faves out of the game and reshaping the music industry in her image. Give her time to rest at least.

cory64

I think it might be a bit much to drag Bey for not providing internet to large swathes of the developing world and changing purchasing habits in Europe with her album release.

I mean she's only just got done punching your faves out of the game and reshaping the music industry in her image. Give her time to rest at least.
And yet she couldn't even get her non-US stans to experience it the way she intended?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And yet she couldn't even get her non-US stans to experience it the way she intended?

We don't know that the physical version wont come with the videos. Not to mention I already addressed this flop point with the changing purchasing habits thing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It will, that's not what I meant. She wanted to give her fans a Moment that was immediately accessible.

edit: for the GP, sure, that's a legitimate point. but for her stans?

You're really thirsty to find something to drag about BEYONCÉ punching every bitch out of the game, huh?

Yes, Bey is a local flop act. Whatever.

Mumei

... But the numbers suggest that she actually exceeded what she reasonably could have expected to do.

You aren't clocking when you keep beating yourself with the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom