• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord what is this

Lana-Del-Rey-doc.png

Fake or not.. She's coming

ij7LuKIqnJYf7.gif

I think there's a large disparity, and Gaga wins out on basically everything.

And I don't give Christina credit for her agility. It's so frequently out of tune and insensible that I don't know why anyone would. Having an agile voice is not enough for me to think of someone as an agile singer; you actually have to do it well for me to be impressed. It's the difference between someone marrying training with natural ability to perform a perfect routine in figure skating, and someone with some natural ability who spurns training and instead flails about, does a few spins, and sometimes land on her feet - and sometimes fall on her ass. Christina's agility is of the latter type.

Well damn. lol

In other news YAAAAS GAGZ AND XTINE BETTER SERVE MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!!

Here's hoping for a Do What You Want/Your Body mashup. Probably not though. lol

royalan

And I don't give Christina credit for her agility. It's so frequently out of tune and insensible that I don't know why anyone would. Having an agile voice is not enough for me to think of someone as an agile singer; you actually have to do it well for me to be impressed. It's the difference between someone marrying training with natural ability to perform a perfect routine in figure skating, and someone with some natural ability who spurns training and instead flails about, does a few spins, and sometimes land on her feet - and sometimes fall on her ass. Christina's agility is of the latter type.

Ummm...have you heard any of Gaga's recent performances??? Complete vocal messes in every way.

I'll disregard the comments about Christina's agility not deserving credit (after her flawless and perfectly controlled AMA performance) and just say this: if Gaga is not on point tonight, if she is messy like most of her performances this era have been, Xtina WILL drag her ass up and down that stage. And that's guaranteed.

Never count out Xtina's ability to rise to a moment.

royalan

Have you seen her Do What U Want performance on Alan Carr?

Lettuce not.

Yes, and the shit was trash.

Big distinction between Gaga and Xtina.

Xtina knows how to rise to a moment. Check all of her Grammy performances and the AMAs. History has shown that she will hold her own on a stage, ESPECIALLY when she has to share it with another singer.

Gaga, on the other hand, crumbles under pressure. She gets flustered, frantic, overthinks it and falls apart.

If Gaga is not on point, Xtina WILL command that stage.

Majmun

I'm so glad you like Beyoncé. Don't think I could handle you dragging my fave like that.

Yes, and the shit was trash.

Big distinction between Gaga and Xtina.

Xtina knows how to rise to a moment. Check all of her Grammy performances and the AMAs. History has shown that she will hold her own on a stage, ESPECIALLY when she has to share it with another singer.

Gaga, on the other hand, crumbles under pressure. She gets flustered, frantic, overthinks it and falls apart.

If Gaga is not on point, Xtina WILL command that stage.

Xtina assumes every moment is a chance to rise.

Gaga can get messy if she gets overambitious, but most of the time knows how to rise and sink with the pace of the song. Her performances on Alan Carr are a great example of that. She has a better awareness of her capacity as a vocalist and doesn't stray too far away from it.

Lately it feels as if Christina has a much more straightforward vocal rehearsal but then buckles under the pressure come showtime and overexerts her voice. Because of it her vocals have had a really messy delivery.

I'm excited to see the public finally realize that Lady Gaga's a phenomenal singer, now that she'll be standing side-by-side (if not out-singing) someone who's renowned primarily for her vocals. I guess we'll see!

Majmun

I just hope they won't try to oversing each other. Both sound like shit when they're oversinging. My poor ears.

royalan

I'm excited to see the public finally realize that Lady Gaga's a phenomenal singer, now that she'll be standing side-by-side (if not out-singing) someone who's renowned primarily for her vocals. I guess we'll see!

Sis, if Xtina could stand on a stage with Yolanda Adams, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride and Florence Welch and not only hold her own, but have one of the signature vocal moments of the performance, trust...Gaga ain't ready.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see it as Life and Death really but in a religious way.

We are all born sinners thanks to Adam and Eve. We live our life how we want to on the garden of evil and in the end we die. Afterall we are born to die.

Xtina and Gaga do have a lot of artistic touchstones in common. They've both bled on stage, for instance.

aretha.gif

Mau ®

Thanks everybody for your good wishes over here and instagram!

I've had an awesome day so far :D

Love you all!

#ShineBright

Mau ®;93925681 said:
Thanks everybody for your good wishes over here and instagram!

I've had an awesome day so far :D

Love you all!

#ShineBright

I'm not sure what the occasion is but I'm going to guess it's your birthday so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAUSUS!

Yado

I couldn't resist him
His eyes were like yours
His hair was exactly the shade of brown
He's just not as tall, but I couldn't tell
It was dark and I was lying down

iHcQjjxHCacKE.gif

Okay so I finished Tropico
seems like Body Electric is when Adam and Eve fuck up, Gods and Monsters is living a life of Sin, and Bel Air is redemption, so when we die.
Huh.

Yado

Mr False Pretence, you don't make sense
I just don't know you
But you make me cry, where's my kiss goodbye?
I think I love you

iLubaKDoquozm.gif

royalan

I couldn't resist him
His eyes were like yours
His hair was exactly the shade of brown
He's just not as tall, but I couldn't tell
It was dark and I was lying down

iHcQjjxHCacKE.gif

Frank is such a flawless album. STILL gets regular rotation from me. RIP Amy. ;___;

iK7KVgrNylULw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom