• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only one who thought it had some Famega influence. That book right before the chorus had a Famega sound that made me listen to that song alot. But nothing beats the breakdown after the chorus were it gets serious.
The song really is everything. Not a single wasted moment.

Did Beyonce strike a payola deal or something, by the way? I was cycling through my radio pre-sets, and XO was playing on three of the six stations at the same time. This type of penetration seems unusual for a brand new single - it felt like Applause took forever to really stick on radio in comparison.

One of my best friends is coming back to the States (she's been living in Germany for about 7 months) and she's a huge Bey fan. She hasn't seen the videos yet.

I NEED to be there when she sees Partition. She will DIEEEEE.

why the hell did they change it to applause
considerIovine.jpg

royalan

I was listening to the best track on ARTPOP today (Jewels and Drugs, clearly) and I was instantly reminded of WHY I love this track so much.

IT SOUNDS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE XTINA'S PRIMA DONNA!

GET INTO THIS BOP Y'ALL

I'm a prima donna!
(I can rule the world)
Don't care who's around me!
(I can rule the world)
So hands up! Catch this feelin
(There's no stopping this)
Right now in this moment I can rule the world.

igseJbEiFgQpK.gif

Urbantina>>>>>>>>

Yado

I think Venus would have been the best first single tbh, it has that fun, kooky vibe only Gaga could pull off. That's what people have to love her for.

royalan

I think Venus would have been the best first single tbh, it has that fun, kooky vibe only Gaga could pull off. That's what people have to love her for.

Nobody but her rabid, delusional stans love her for that.

The GP loves her for catchy melodies and catchy (but ACCESSIBLE) hooks. Venus does not fit the bill. It's TOO weird lyrically and it does too much with its production. It would have flopped harder than Applause. Hell, it wouldn't have even registered.

As shitty as the song is, Applause really is the most radio friendly song on the album. Actually, I think Fashion!, given the proper single treatment, would do pretty good on Adult Contemporary (and then cross over into Pop radio).

Holy crap, Entertainment Tonight is going INNNN on The Voice right now!

Opened the show with: "Does anyone even remember who just won The Voice?" and then comparing the show's string of flop winners to Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood liiiii

"15 million viewers tuned in to watch Tessanne crowned the winner. Hope you enjoyed it, because it's probably the last time we'll ever say her name."

"William Hung has achieved more fame than anyone from The Voice."

DEATH

I was listening to the best track on ARTPOP today (Jewels and Drugs, clearly) and I was instantly reminded of WHY I love this track so much.

IT SOUNDS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE XTINA'S PRIMA DONNA!

GET INTO THIS BOP Y'ALL

I'm a prima donna!
(I can rule the world)
Don't care who's around me!
(I can rule the world)
So hands up! Catch this feelin
(There's no stopping this)
Right now in this moment I can rule the world.

igseJbEiFgQpK.gif

Urbantina>>>>>>>>

I haven't heard Bionic in a while. I love it so much. So underrated.

Shocking news.

Who would have thought someone with an album like this could have anti-gay views?

They definitely know their audience.

Duckthehallscover.jpg

[edit]: Mine is punching a biT. But every time Drake comes in, it irks me. And I feel like turning the song off. His parts are so bad.

xaosslug

Holy crap, Entertainment Tonight is going INNNN on The Voice right now!

Opened the show with: "Does anyone even remember who just won The Voice?" and then comparing the show's string of flop winners to Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood liiiii

DEATH

it's because TheVoice = Access Hollywood, their competition. E.T. stays trying to front like American Idol is still happening. What they need to do is go the fuck in on AI's decline. I mean where is Candice Glover (hew?). Exactly.

iblD5wwChKu5nb.gif

[edit]: Mine is punching a biT. But every time Drake comes in, it irks me. And I feel like turning the song off. His parts are so bad.

girl what? his part in the hook makes the song.

Know you wanna roll with a good girl?
Do it big do it all for a good girl
One time, this is a song for the good girl
Don’t sleep when you know you got it good girl
Wanna roll, wanna roll with a good girl
And I still keep it hood, still treat you like I should
Wassup....

iXuNuxV6rYJin.gif

MIMIC

Banned
it's because TheVoice = Access Hollywood, their competition. E.T. stays trying to front like American Idol is still happening. What they need to do is go the fuck in on AI's decline. I mean where is Candice Glover (hew?). Exactly.

iblD5wwChKu5nb.gif

I don't follow the post-Idol careers of the contestants like I used to, but I'm surprised that I haven't heard a peep from her since the finale. By the time, you'd at LEAST hear the contestants (especially the winner) on the radio or something.

Driver roll up the partition fast
Over dare I swear I saw them cameras flash
Hand prints and footprints all on my glass
Hand prints and good grips all on my ass

pgoIWHC.gif

xaosslug

I don't follow the post-Idol careers of the contestants like I used to, but I'm surprised that I haven't heard a peep from her since the finale. By the time, you'd at LEAST hear the contestants (especially the winner) on the radio or something.

aside from there being little-to-no interest, the way Interscope promotes the artists/winners is atrocious. I mean if it wasn't for Philip Philips' songs inexplicably catching on he would be in the same boat. It's like they just expect/hope whatever momentum they have from the win will carry them through... and then when that doesn't take they gear up for another round during the next season (last ditch effort...) before they dump 'em once and for all. LOL

the material is just so terrible, too. I saw her on Kelly & Micheal this morning singing her new song ('Cry' or something?) and it was the same sort crap as her first single. -__-

Over dare I swear I saw them cameras flash
Hand prints and footprints all on my glass
Hand prints and good grips all on my ass

pgoIWHC.gif

i always have a private kii @ this .gif and Rihrih's pseudo-fierce, halfhearted-bordering-on-lethargic dancing.
iq3xxc4HEgeNB.gif

MIMIC

Banned
aside from there being little-to-no interest, the way Interscope promotes the artists/winners is atrocious. I mean if it wasn't for Philip Philips' songs inexplicably catching on he would be in the same boat. It's like they just expect/hope whatever momentum they have from the win will carry them through... and then when that doesn't take they gear up for another round during the next season (last ditch effort...) before they dump 'em once and for all. LOL

the material is just so terrible, too. I saw her on Kelly & Micheal this morning singing her new song ('Cry' or something?) and it was the same sort crap as her first single. -__-

1) Took the words out of my mouth regarding Phillip. "Inexplicable" is exactly how I'd describe it, lol. I mean, damn...who saw that coming?

(fake edit: No fucking lie. "Home" started playing in a commercial while I was typing this post, lol)

2) Yeah, the post-Idol momentum doesn't carry contestants like it used to (when Idol was pulling in obscene ratings). Now, Idol is only a vehicle to a record label, not necessarily fame or sales.

3) Just listened to "Cried" for the first time.

WTF. What radio station is supposed to play that? @_@ That sounds like come AC stuff.

RubyFaith

I listen to Avril Lavigne's I'm With You everyday and the ending is so powerful it always makes me emotional

iHAw2HTiZ3Wk0.gif

If/when I get 11 boyfriends I will sing this to them.

I originally posted this in France-Gaf by accident but the Loki gifs and foreign sentences did not faze me, obviously.

ihJ8cCzUNjyrQ.gif

JohnDoe

Banned
[edit] You should all read this article about why white feminists hate Beyoncé. I know that Mumei and royalancé will get a kick out of it.

It's true that there are middle class white feminists who think their situation and their approach to feminism applies to anyone but feminists have been working on that issue. Even among feminists there can be racist or just ignorant ones. Especially when you use Jezebel as reference lmao

But this quote:

Amen. Miley Cyrus appropriates and the Jezzies defend her. Gaga makes a song appropriating religious and cultural attire and they call her brilliant.

Beyonce drops her album with no publicity needed, continually empowers women and little girls (esp black) everywhere and she’s STILL not good enough.

Features a Nigerian feminist on her album. Still not good enough.

Just another day in the life of a black women in a sea of clueless white feminists

GADDAM

Either way Bey remains unbothered.

oiBA69h.gif

Majmun

Take all of me
I just wanna be the girl you like, girl you like
The kinda girl you like

Take all of me
I just wanna be the girl you like, girl you like
The kinda girl you like
Is right here with me

I can't get this out of my head today. :deadbanana