• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I won't be. I usually don't buy physical because I have nothing to play it on. I'm mostly digital these days. Easy access

Of course I'm buying the Physical. I wish there was a collectors edition lol.

Touchdown

Banned
Mau ®;94048717 said:
I will buy Beyoncé in physical tbh.

That will make 2 albums I've legit bought this year. Damn!

What was your first? Just wondering.

ini7YMK2AdMl8.gif

Good sales do make POPGAF stan though. The only reason people in here are stanning for Bey this era is because she happened upon a smash. Otherwise people would be calling this album a hit-less, forgettable flop.

idk, reception was quite positive before that 80k figure popped up

Yado

Not Angel Neighz unleashing her flop album on poor unsuspecting twitter users out of frustration with her record label

i6mB9r3DWJzSu.gif

Yado

This is our last goodbye
Now you should be holding me

Punk rock t-shirt, black cap and tattoo
The first things I noticed about you

iHcQjjxHCacKE.gif

Mumei

I saw someone post a gif of Beyoncé where her ass is basically uncovered. I removed it, but please remember not to post pictures / gifs with bare ass in them!

Her falsetto is airier there. I used that as an example to highlight her agility in falsetto. That was a pretty complex run.

ACTUALLY, during the "Xtina is one of the best singers of out time" segment of tonight's episode of the voice, there was a GREAT example of her hitting an impressive falsetto run during one of the episodes. It was actually even better than the Aretha tribute.

I'll post it when someone rips it on Youtube.

Has it been uploaded yet?

And I wasn't trying to say, "She didn't sound steely there"; I was saying that she almost never sounds steely. She just isn't a singer with that kind of voice; steely voices - that cold, metallic, expansive quality - are basically the exclusive province of dramatic singers (and some spinto tenor voices, I suppose).

I don't mean that she can't have any "edge" to her voice. I've said before that I think Mariah is similarly light-voiced, and she put a bit of an edge into her voice at times, like the F5s in the intro of You're So Cold or the more intense belting in You Need Me, for instance. But even that isn't "steely" and I think we both agree that singing with that much intensity wouldn't be something a voice like hers should be doing all the time.

Touchdown

Banned
I saw someone post a gif of Beyoncé where her ass is basically uncovered. I removed it, but please remember not to post pictures / gifs with bare ass in them!

Mumei do you ever get tired of babysitting us? I feel bad for the mods sometimes lol. We can be a damn mess at times. <3

tumblr_inline_mpneikPLBt1qguc0z.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I listened to the live version again the other night and was truly puncheD but also deeply saddened at the same time that the album version is utter shit compared to what she served @ iTunes Fest. It's hard for me to listen to it honestly.

Donatella is cute her chorus, but I agree it gets old very fast. It's still better than Swine though.

If I had to pick 10 songs it would look like this

1. Venus
2. Venus
3. Venus
4. Venus
5. Venus
6. Venus
7. Venus
8. Fashion!
9. Gypsy
10. Venus

I like you :)

0. Venus
1. Mary Jane Holland
2. Venus
3. Drew
4. Venus
5. Venus
5. Mary Jane Holland
6. Mary Jane Holland
7. Mary Jane Holland
20. G. U. Y.
32. Fashion!

I like you too :D

My Artpop:

1. Venus
2. Venus
3. Venus
4. Mary Jane Holland
5. Gypsy
6. Fashion!
7. Artpop
8. Sexxx Dreams
9. G.U.Y.
10. DWUW (Christina version NOT R. "alleged assault" Kelly version)
<3

I still love ARTPOP, however I do hope she fires djws and replaces him with RedOne so we can get a true follow up to TFM. Haven't really been listening to ARTPOP much as Mariah's "Merry Christmas" has been on repeat.

...ummm, Venus is still shit.

I HAVE been warming up to Swine, though.
Venus is a bop.

Applause tried to do the whole cheeky indecipherable thing and failed miserably because it seemed to take itself too seriously. Venus, on the other hand, is infectious in its lyrical and sonic inanity.

Let ha garden panties in.

You are all crazy.

G.U.Y. was the obvious lead single from the beginning. It's the only song that comes close to channeling that relentless hook after hook, Poker Face-esque sound. It's the smash this era that could've been.

You are all crazy.

G.U.Y. was the obvious lead single from the beginning. It's the only song that comes close to channeling that relentless hook after hook, Poker Face-esque sound. It's the smash this era that could've been.

I want G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams and Donatella to be singles. I need videos for these songs.

You are all crazy.

I thought I was the only one who thought it had some Famega influence. That book right before the chorus had a Famega sound that made me listen to that song alot. But nothing beats the breakdown after the chorus were it gets serious.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can you lick my skittles
That's the sweetest in the middle
Pink that's the flavor
Solve the riddle

tumblr_m9flvyaif21qgijrgo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom