• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fact you kept that trash ARTPOP and Swine in over Fashion! and Donatella is a crime

We share the same thoughts on Sexxx Dreams tho *.*
KXNyzLy.png

Bye, ARTPOP is the best track on the album. Swine is great but lordt it needs less filler sections.

Donatella is trash.

Fashion! I think I would keep, in retrospect. Drop Applause even if that bridge is fire.

Partition

Banned
Bye, ARTPOP is the best track on the album. Swine is great but lordt it needs less filler sections.

Donatella is trash.

Fashion! I think I would keep, in retrospect. Drop Applause even if that bridge is fire.

I listened to the live version again the other night and was truly puncheD but also deeply saddened at the same time that the album version is utter shit compared to what she served @ iTunes Fest. It's hard for me to listen to it honestly.

Donatella is cute her chorus, but I agree it gets old very fast. It's still better than Swine though.

If I had to pick 10 songs it would look like this

1. Venus
2. Venus
3. Venus
4. Venus
5. Venus
6. Venus
7. Venus
8. Fashion!
9. Gypsy
10. Venus

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I listened to the live version again the other night and was truly puncheD but also deeply saddened at the same time that the album version is utter shit compared to what she served @ iTunes Fest. It's hard for me to listen to it honestly.

Donatella is cute her chorus, but I agree it gets old very fast. It's still better than Swine though.

If I had to pick 10 songs it would look like this

1. Venus
2. Venus
3. Venus
4. Venus
5. Venus
6. Venus
7. Venus
8. Fashion!
9. Gypsy
10. Venus

I just don't understand why Swine has that enormous section that just sounds like the bit that they put on the end of club remixes so that the DJ can do a mix more easily. It makes the song sound half-written. But the verse and chorus and the production punch.

Screaming at your tracklist though. Not even MJH? I guess it does sound a bit like G.U.Y.

cory64

0. Venus
1. Mary Jane Holland
2. Venus
3. Drew
4. Venus
5. Venus
5. Mary Jane Holland
6. Mary Jane Holland
7. Mary Jane Holland
20. G. U. Y.
32. Fashion!

Trigger

isn't Taylor coming with something next year? I don't even stan ha and I KNOW her people are AWN DAT SHIT.

BEYONCÉ's iconic launch was more than just sales though; it was her dropping an entire album, with videos for every track, on iTunes with no warning and no leaks.

Yeah, I'm referring more to what godels is mentioning. Other girls will come and clock sales for sure, but there's something very badass about how Bey did this.

I only watched the live version of Swine once.

I get my life from the album version. Can't at the MJH snubbing, though.

[edit]: Oh good, Cory rectified it with his list.

Although, I C a bit of thirsT. :eyes:

Partition

Banned
I just don't understand why Swine has that enormous section that just sounds like the bit that they put on the end of club remixes so that the DJ can do a mix more easily. It makes the song sound half-written. But the verse and chorus and the production punch.

Screaming at your tracklist though. Not even MJH? I guess it does sound a bit like G.U.Y.

I don't like Swine cuz it sounds like DJWS (ft. Lady Gaga). The track has no direction and it sounds as such.

That tracklist is usually how I listen to the album tbh. I'm pretty much over MJH, it's messy parts are too much for my regular rotation.

I listened to Gaga's entire discography the other night starting from ARTPOP and going to The Fame, and I feel really comfortable saying BTW is her best album by far. There is something to be said about an album which has a cohesive sound throughout, and that feels like a solid body of work. I think that despite it having debatable lower lows, I much prefer how enjoyable BTW is to listen to all the way through especially compared to ARTPOP. ARTPOP sounds like a complete mixed bag and lacks any kind of direction with it's sound, which I'm sure was intended, but I feel like it hurt the album in many ways. I hardly have a desire to listen to it as an album, it is too all over the place and sounds convoluted.

Also the tracks I thought were really bad on BTW, in the context of ARTPOP being out, I don't think are half as bad anymore. Such as Bad Kids and Government Hooker, Bad Kids her verses punch but suffers from a weak chorus. Half of ARTPOP has songs with great verses and weak choruses too though.

DMeisterJ

Banned
D SLAY, their new single performed live at the House of Blues sold out comeback show

Dropping 2014. Your faves are warned. Rih better watch out

http://youtu.be/JtXU_iVBc9A

YO

HOLD UP

WAIT A MINUTE

DMJ

What I wanna know is...you see it fit to come in here and throw shade at Gagatina, but you COULDN'T come in here to stan Danity Kane after their FLAWLESS House of Blues show!?!?

I mean, they were so flawless, even DAWN was slaying.

bnYxA7p.gif

tAan8FR.gif

4BvctmP.gif

Flop stan, tbh....

hmmmmmT

But they did slay. Well mostly Shannon and Dawn. And I guess Aubs too.

Majmun

DO we really want Adele to talk about sex tho?
iF3r0s8RtQeJL.gif

Imagine Adele singing Partition or Blow
iF3r0s8RtQeJL.gif

"Can you lick my skittles? That's the sweetest in the middle" would sound entirely different coming from Adele's mouth

I can't picture Adele singing or writing about sex. She'll just sing sappy and boring love songs.

As opposed to the sappy breakup songs she's famous for.

cory64

But every major girl except for Xtina and Mariah did some of their best work after popping out a kid
Blackout, Ray of Light, YONÇUS

Now now, let's not with Adele. Remember we all said the same thing about Bey and we'll.. We pretty much Reaped what we sowed so.. I'm percheD for an Adele comeback.

But every major girl except for Xtina and Mariah did some of their best work after popping out a kid
Blackout, Ray of Light, YONÇUS

It's Adele, though. Adele is not a pop star in the traditional sense at all. She's more akin to someone like Norah Jones except she got ludicrously popular and became the biggest bandwagon in recent memory.

I don't see her changing much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I set fire to the placenta
Watch it crisp on the frying pan
I'll eat it all
Cause I heard it helps for the bad mood

:eyes:

It's Adele, though. Adele is not a pop star in the traditional sense at all. She's more akin to someone like Norah Jones except she got ludicrously popular and became the biggest bandwagon in recent memory.

You'll never know. She might just make music about love in a Taylor Swift kind of way however with grown up lyrics that fits her age.

I don't see her baby making an appearance tho. The reason why I feel she's going to be dope is because Skyfall was really good. I loved it so much.

------

Favorite ArtPOP Songs... Don't judge me please and in no particular order.

1.Aura
2.Venus
3.G.U.Y
4.Sexxx Dreams
5.DWUW
6.ARTPOP
7.Fashion!
8.MJH

The ones I use sometimes

1.J&D
2.Swine
3.Manicure

Garbaj Bin

1.Donatella
2.Dope
3.Gypsy

Honorable Mentions

Yaaaaas for Leona snatching the Female British wigs!

Yasssssssssssssss for Danity Kane serving even though I haven't seen the video but I don't care. Coming for all them floppy girl groups.

I liked 21. But I found it eerily similar to 19 so I only listened to it like twice.

She definitely has talent but I can see her being one of those niche artists that you either have to be really drunk or really sad for.

Speaking of getting drunk, AC4 is actually good :eyes:

jbug617

Banned
Beyonce sells over 1 million copies on ITunes worldwide according to Apple.

@CNBCSocial: The album Beyoncé, which debuted less than a week ago, has surpassed 1 million album sales on the iTunes Store worldwide, Apple says. $AAPL

Majmun

1mln+ itunes sales in less than a week?

Absolute slayage. How many people are going to buy the physical release besides the iTunes one?

I am. Can't wait
ibyO2dL7c49Nla.gif

Majmun

YOUR NEW RELEASE:
Yep, we're in the singular mode, as B.o.B. is the only major new release this week. Based on one-day sales, he's looking at a first week of 35-40k. Meanwhile, Beyoncé will enjoy another week atop the chart #1 with 250-275k, in which case she'll be nearing the 900k mark RTD; with physical product not hitting stores until the end of this week, the Queen's just getting started. (12/18p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Bey's second week already outselling your fave's debut week.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom