• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humor me and tell me all the rappers and singers and stars she's been with.

As far as I can recall, it's been Chris, Matt Kemp, Drake, and a whole list of rumors people like you believe and then slut shame.

Done with this. Closed book. It's was a joke that backfired. One and done. Enjoying the Xtina vs Britney battle.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is that why We Remain was one of the higher charting songs from the soundtrack. Sis plz.

outperformed by Ooh La La though...

iRo8Jfg0WHXha.gif

Is that why We Remain was one of the higher charting songs from the soundtrack. Sis plz.
So it flopped the least?* What an auspicious distinction, what a sign of career ascension when all being attached to an $800 million-grosser can give you is #69 on the Billboard Digital Songs charts.

*Actually, it was outperformed by self-parody comedy troupe Coldplay's "Atlas"

Now wait.

Do the Hewrina stans in the last page even know that she released a new song yesterday (on iTunes)?

Eaux. I was just saying the other day that I was wondering if she was still alive. :eyes:

Interesting that you knew of this, and I didn't. Stay a closeted Diamond, sis. :eyes:

Sis, it's not going to happen. At least not for another two or three albums.

I'll do anything you say
If you say it with your hands

That's Taylord being sexual at this stage. Be content!

royalan

By the time Taylor's new album comes out, it will have been 2 years since Red and she will be firmly within her mid-twenties.

Why do people think a more mature and sexually honest album is out of the cards for her? Do people really think she hasn't grown in these last two years?

I think Taylor is going to surprise us all.

Let me sit this aaaaaaaaasssssssss on you
tumblr_mxtwh2I2Fm1r097udo1_250.gif

Peru

By the time Taylor's new album comes out, it will have been 2 years since Red and she will be firmly within her mid-twenties.

Why do people think a more mature and sexually honest album is out of the cards for her? Do people really think she hasn't grown in these last two years?

I think Taylor is going to surprise us all.

]

Plenty of mature and sexually honest lyrics already, since the debut, unless you mean mature = take off clothes in music videos. Although tbf she has already changed her visual style a bit since the start.

Nemesis_

The amount of people I speak to who thought DWUW was by Christina Aguilera certainly explains it's performance here

iRo8Jfg0WHXha.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The DWUW remix is trash. It was so lazily done and rushed to try to make up for the underperformance that it doesn't work very well. Instead of them being in the studio together like Gags and Piss were, this is Legend X's vocals just laid on top of Gags' and it doesn't sound right at all.

And it doesn't have the "We don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" part, which is amazing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
After so long teasing and talking about ARTPOP, I can't believe the era has come across as half-baked and unfinished as it has, just like the album. Did she even shoot the DWUW video? She should have had this all lined up and FINISHED months ago along with a range of suitably 'ARTPOP' publicity crap to go along with it.

Literally all she seems to have done is wear a couple of old paintings in public and put a couple of shells on her tits and said it's a reference to the 'Venus de Milo' (that'll be the Birth of Venus but nevermind that she can't even correctly differentiate between some of the most famous art in the world even when it's on her own damn album cover [or wait was confusing the names completely deliberate and an important statement of ARTPOP? Soulsis please advise]).

How is it that Gaga, who as recently as 2011 seemed to have the entire pop industry wrapped around her finger, now gets overshadowed by Miley Cyrus, can't get a lead single released on the right day and is having trouble shooting and releasing a music video? A. Damn. MESS.

royalan

After so long teasing and talking about ARTPOP, I can't believe the era has come across as half-baked and unfinished as it has, just like the album. Did she even shoot the DWUW video? She should have had this all lined up and FINISHED months ago along with a range of suitably 'ARTPOP' publicity crap to go along with it.

Literally all she seems to have done is wear a couple of old paintings in public and put a couple of shells on her tits and said it's a reference to the 'Venus de Milo' (that'll be the Birth of Venus but nevermind that she can't even correctly differentiate between some of the most famous art in the world even when it's on her own damn album cover [or wait was confusing the names completely deliberate and an important statement of ARTPOP? Soulsis please advise]).

How is it that Gaga, who as recently as 2011 seemed to have the entire pop industry wrapped around her finger, now gets overshadowed by Miley Cyrus, can't get a lead single released on the right day and is having trouble shooting and releasing a music video? A. Damn. MESS.

Honestly, I think Gaga thought her stanbase was bigger than it really is.

She surrounded herself with her "Little Monsters" and allowed herself to believe, quite foolishly, that this group of the deranged and deluded, obsessed with every single thing she did, represented a much bigger portion of the GP.

And by the time she became aware of this pit of complacency her stans had dropped her into, she'd fallen too far in to pull herself out.

Majmun

Katy and Gaga's new era started around the same time. Katy has already released three singles and two video's. The video for Dark Horse will probably be released soon. Maybe even sooner than the DWUW video.

Katy's era is way beter managed and Roar smashed harder than Applause. Dark Horse is currently smashing as well.

I never expected Perra to become a bigger popstar than Gaga. But it happened and it's definitely making me pressed as hell.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly, I think Gaga thought her stanbase was bigger than it really is.

She surrounded herself with her "Little Monsters" and allowed herself to believe, quite foolishly, that this group of the deranged and deluded, obsessed with every single thing she did, represented a much bigger portion of the GP.

And by the time she became aware of this pit of complacency her stans had dropped her into, she'd fallen too far in to pull herself out.
I don't even think it's necessarily about just her commercial performance, it's the sloppiness of the whole thing too. Half of ARTPOP sounds like demos or otherwise unfinished. The era has consisted of...basically nothing. A couple of performances wearing shells on her titties which she described as a reference to the wrong piece of art numerous times. It's unfinished, which is mind boggling because she started talking about how buzzing she was with ideas for ARTPOP like...two years ago? Ans she came up with...one idea.

This is a musician who is described by her stans as the most significant and creative musician since Madonna, and ARTPOP era so far has been as creatively barren as a desert. Even that 'flying dress' turned out to be absolutely nothing interesting.

Well thankfully there are stimulating popstars in the world still. But it's clear that Gaga's bid for queen of pop was based on a completely misleading view of her potential with TFM.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Now wait.

Do the Hewrina stans in the last page even know that she released a new song yesterday (on iTunes)?

FINALLY
Four fucking months ago she put this up on youtube, she takes her damn time.
Timber was added months late, DWUW was only added yesterday too, UK taking its time with its releases. Pain in the ass.

Talking of I hope Kesha gets better soon. Did they say what her eating disorder was?

I agree. I still like some of ARTPOP, but this era was definitely a huge step down from Born This Way. I remember when the Born This Way era started with the first image of Gaga in that Born This Way jacket and how much hype I had. I honestly never got the same amount of hype with the ARTPOP era at all. The only thing that came close was when Gaga posted that short video of the Sexxx Dreams rehearsal. The Aura leak was pretty exciting too. Besides that, though, it has been a pretty timid era. I think this year she definitely needs to release a new album either with Red One tracks, or some crazy ass experimental tracks. That's the one issue I have with ARTPOP, it isn't really commercial, and it isn't experimental enough. Basically, it's not The Fame or The Fame Monster, and it's not even close to Born This Way. ARTPOP is in the middle, and I think that's why people aren't that excited anymore. She needs to pick what route she wants to go down and just go all in. That has to happen this year before it's too late, I think. I don't think she will ever have the same success as she did back then, but I think she can still be pretty big with the right material. For the next album I want her to avoid religion and urban, and stop being so clingy with DJWS. She needs to broaden her horizon, and stop trying to make DJWS happen, because honestly he isn't going to happen. Red One and Gaga were a hit machine, and that's why people were aching to record with him. After Applause, no one is going to want to touch DJWS, lol. Some fresh blood in the studio would do her wonders and make her step out of her comfort zone. It'll be interesting to see what she does from here on out. I'm pretty sure this era bruised her ego a bit, so maybe she will try harder to impress next go around. We can only hope.

yes, get rid of DJWS. RedOne save us.

#JusticeForRedOne

she needs a new team, and she needs to start listening to other people besides her crazy twitter stans. I get she has a "vision" or w/e but come on.

Partition

Banned
Did ya'll see the painting Gaga did? It's pretty disturbing

644144697.jpg

I love when you show your works in progress. So I thought Id show you an unfinished painting I'm working on. I just put all my feelings somewhere else. If it's nice. Ill keep it. If it's painful, i can just burn it or throw it away.

Maybe Gaga should just stop talking, take some honest criticism, feedback and try again stronger. I still think Artpop was amazing, unfortunately the rest of the world didn't. I don't know if that had to do with people getting annoyed with her gimmicks that affected her music, but it certainly could be a case. She still has time to mess up, grow and learn more about her and how the real world works. She's got to get out her bubble.

Maybe Gaga should just stop talking, take some honest criticism, feedback and try again stronger. I still think Artpop was amazing, unfortunately the rest of the world didn't. I don't know if that had to do with people getting annoyed with her gimmicks that affected her music, but it certainly could be a case. She still has time to mess up, grow and learn more about her and how the real world works. She's got to get out her bubble.
Your wedding dress just grew ten shades darker.

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom