• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Pink didn't tell shit. And she completely lost me with her "As a mother bla bla bla I'm entertaining families bla bla bla" shit.

Miley is clearly not trying to appeal to families and be the Walmart of pop girls, which is more than can be said for St!nk.

Not to mention the fact that Pink's music is not exactly appropriate for young girls either.

DMeisterJ

Banned
tumblr_mzznun9FMy1rdbl17o1_500.png

:(

Beautiful.

royalan

Ok, so...

ERRYBODY up in here already knows that I STAN Iggy Azalea.

BUT

I have a confession.

Until tonight, I had never listened to her last mixtape, TrapGold, in full.

Somehow it escaped me. I mean, I heard several of the tracks from the mixtape, but I'd never listened to it as a complete body of work until tonight. And boy was that a mistake.

PopGAF, I kid you not when I say this goes beyond stanning.

But TrapGold is a fucking F L A W L E S S mixtape, and Iggy Azalea is now #ThatBitch. The entire thing has me thoroughly snatched.

I mean, before we even GET to Iggy's flow, let's talk about the production. I don't know how Iggy manages it being a HEW from Australia, but she CONSISTENTLY gets her hands on someone the hottest production in Hip Hop, and TrapGold is no exception. From start to finish there isn't a weak bit of production to be heard on the mixtape. Some of the BEST Trap beats you'll find. I STAYED turnT Up.

And then there's Iggy flow, which throughout the entire EP is some of the best of her fledgling career. Iggy recently did an interview with Charlemagn and The Breakfast Club, where she admitted that this recent EDM stuff she's been pushing has mostly been to get a check and keep her head afloat while she prepares her debut album, and thank god for it. As strange as it is, this white girl from the Outback sounds BEST on a ratchet flow, occupying a space somewhere between Lil Kim and Trina. Ratchet, sexy, ghetto.

If you haven't listened to TrapGold yet, sistren, I URGE you: put aside what you THINK you know about Iggy and give it a spin. The whole thing is up on her Soundcloud:

Click To Listen

Roy's Faves
Flexin and Finessin
Yo El Ray
Demons
1-800-BONE
Down South
(Really, every fuckin track is flawless)

Girls, GET. INTO. IT.

8jSRyt4.gif

Ok, so...

ERRYBODY up in here already knows that I STAN Iggy Azalea.

BUT

I have a confession.

Until tonight, I had never listened to her last mixtape, TrapGold, in full.

Somehow it escaped me. I mean, I heard several of the tracks from the mixtape, but I'd never listened to it as a complete body of work until tonight. And boy was that a mistake.

PopGAF, I kid you not when I say this goes beyond stanning.

But TrapGold is a fucking F L A W L E S S mixtape, and Iggy Azalea is now #ThatBitch. The entire thing has me thoroughly snatched.

I mean, before we even GET to Iggy's flow, let's talk about the production. I don't know how Iggy manages it being a HEW from Australia, but she CONSISTENTLY gets her hands on someone the hottest production in Hip Hop, and TrapGold is no exception. From start to finish there isn't a weak bit of production to be heard on the mixtape. Some of the BEST Trap beats you'll find. I STAYED turnT Up.

And then there's Iggy flow, which throughout the entire EP is some of the best of her fledgling career. Iggy recently did an interview with Charlemagn and The Breakfast Club, where she admitted that this recent EDM stuff she's been pushing has mostly been to get a check and keep her head afloat while she prepares her debut album, and thank god for it. As strange as it is, this white girl from the Outback sounds BEST on a ratchet flow, occupying a space somewhere between Lil Kim and Trina. Ratchet, sexy, ghetto.

If you haven't listened to TrapGold yet, sistren, I URGE you: put aside what you THINK you know about Iggy and give it a spin. The whole thing is up on her Soundcloud:

Click To Listen

Roy's Faves
Flexin and Finessin
Yo El Ray
Demons
1-800-BONE
Down South
(Really, every fuckin track is flawless)

Girls, GET. INTO. IT.

8jSRyt4.gif

I'll try her again. Idk, she fell off for me after her first mixtape. I couldn't with bounce and the other one but I'm still kind of a fan. But since you like it, I'll give it benefit of the doubt. Also has anyone seen her thighs lately. MY GOODNESS! She got them wonder women crush a head between the legs if he don't beg. Like DAAAAAMMMNN!

Majmun

It's strange how easy Bruno Mars can sell so many records. He isn't really a notable artist.

Reminds me of Pink. Never gets on the news or does crazy stuff, but still sells so well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
His superbowl half time is going to be such a snooze

Majmun

Yeah, he is pretty boring as a performer. But he can sing quite well. I thought he's going to perform with other artist as well?

I'm not into his music anyway. Typical teenage girl crap imo. The male Taylor Swift.

Agree. I can't get into Bruno enough. I like his more dance-y, the police type productions but he is boring outside that. Definitely another Taylor Swift in the sound department just with less flair. He's just not a male performer I can get into especially with his vocals.

Listened to Trap Gold... 1st round. Didn't like it. What was the main issue was the beats. It was like the producers used the same sound packs on every song. The clap, the hype man. I didn't like that they used synths in the exact same places in every song. I knew they were coming up everytime and it wasn't that creative each. I know they were Diplo so it's kind of odd to see him do a Pharell and make every beat almost the exact same but switching out a couple of lines here and there, throwing on a new layer on the original and either speeding it up to 2.0x or back down to 1.0x. However in terms of her flow and lyrics, they were dope. I mean she had some hard ass lines when I was like, Oh shhhhhhhhhiiiiitttt.. And her performance was A+ overall. Her flow was right for the beat though still being rushed to fit it, her attitude was top notch... But mostly the beats killed it for me. It wasn't very trap like... Or as trap as I thought it would be.... I'll give it a second go to see if anything sticks.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah, he is pretty boring as a performer. But he can sing quite well. I thought he's going to perform with other artist as well?

I'm not into his music anyway. Typical teenage girl crap imo. The male Taylor Swift.

I just googled and apparently he's getting the Red Hot Chilli Peppers to play with him. Quite the musical change from the last couple of years.
Also according to wiki the theme is going to be Trap, whatever that is. I'm assuming its not the music they're on about because Trap couldn't be further from what Bruno and the Chilli's do.

Matt_

Has rih just came back from a vacation or something? There seems to have been an influx of pictures of her

DMeisterJ

Banned
Has rih just came back from a vacation or something? There seems to have been an influx of pictures of her

These are all pics from the Roc Nation brunch yesterday. It's a yearly event. Everyone is of course racing to be around Rihanna because she's the queen, and she takes pics with them all.

That is actually really nice, if a little gimmicky. Explains why Madonna would be getting in on it.
The conservative right are going to seethe and it will be wonderful

The tears will be delicious for sure. It will be the most talked about performance of the whole show.

Matt_

The tears will be delicious for sure. It will be the most talked about performance of the whole show.

Indeed, I do hope that Madonna lets the song and the ceremonies speak for themselves. I love and respect her, and am very thankful for what she has done, but she can get a little preachy sometimes and I think if she does some kind of speech it will be seen as her trying to steal the limelight a bit.

Yep, I agree. I hope it really does happen.

Edit: oh it was confirmed? That's awesome :D

Indeed, I do hope that Madonna lets the song and the ceremonies speak for themselves. I love and respect her, and am very thankful for what she has done, but she can get a little preachy sometimes and I think if she does some kind of speech it will be seen as her trying to steal the limelight a bit.

You know what would really make people seethe?
Macklemore and Ryan kiss at the end of the performance/ceremony and say same love. Heads would explode.

Matt_

You know what would really make people seethe?

Barack Obama getting a live divorce and marrying Elton John?

Also are the Grammys tonight?

edit; Just caught your spoiler.
Both of them stated they're straight though so I dont think it would be any different to them showing an actual gay couple getting married kissing.

Both of them stated they're straight though so I dont think it would be any different to them showing an actual gay couple getting married kissing.

Yes. 8pm EST

True enough. I wonder who will win tonight?

Matt_

Mau ®;98524766 said:
The Bruno seething up in this thread.

His power over the GP is something else entirely. People love him.

Do they though? While I've never encountered anyone that hates him, I've never encountered anyone that loves him either. He's definitely decent and a good performer but I don't think he 's been around long enough or have a big enough fan base to perform at the Superbowl, especially considering the pedigree that stage has commanded.
The comparison to Pink is pretty apt imo. The work he puts out is decent but it will not remembered as something amazing five years down the line, and he will be seen as a decent act that wasn't really anything special.

Edit; no Brooke candy is delightful, but Sia being executive producer? I hadn't even realised she was known for her production

Nemesis_

The only production credits I can find for Sia are "vocal production" for one album.....
Bionic

iGczW7z6ejlhx.gif

Anyway, here's the proper tracklisting.

oOfWAHH.png

Hmmm I didn't know neither Lady Gaga, Miley or One Direction was nominated for the Grammys. That's a chin scratcher.

Edit: Kylie's album better shit. I'm the minority in this I bet but, I did not like Aphrodite. Nothing jumped out at me.

Nemesis_

Edit: Kylie's album better shit. I'm the minority in this I bet but, I did not like Aphrodite. Nothing jumped out at me.

Neither for me, but then Godels made me listen to it pre-PopGAF through some suggestion somewhere and it all clicked again.

It's not her best body of work but there are a lot of bops for me. I absolutely loathe All The Lovers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom