• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I didn't know neither Lady Gaga, Miley or One Direction was nominated for the Grammys. That's a chin scratcher.

Edit: Kylie's album better shit. I'm the minority in this I bet but, I did not like Aphrodite. Nothing jumped out at me.

the only thing gags could have been nominated for was applause, I don't think anything else made the cut.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Link

Did you guys see Rihanna giving praise to Mikky Ekko for his work on their collaborative effort, "Stay?" I'm so glad that she doesn't hog the credit all for herself, she's willing and able to give credit to everyone who is a part of the creative process and contributes. She doesn't steal writing or production credits in order to boost herself up. Truly a humble ICON.

Mau ®

Link

Did you guys see Rihanna giving praise to Mikky Ekko for his work on their collaborative effort, "Stay?" I'm so glad that she doesn't hog the credit all for herself, she's willing and able to give credit to everyone who is a part of the creative process and contributes. She doesn't steal writing or production credits in order to boost herself up. Truly a humble ICON.

They're also sitting in the front row. That lind of seating is usually reserved for the winners. Although the category Stay is competing is EXTRA crowded tonight.

I do think Unapologetic getting R&B album is ON LOCK.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;98526749 said:
They're also sitting in the front row. That lind of seating is usually reserved for the winners. Although the category Stay is competing is EXTRA crowded tonight.

I do think Unapologetic getting R&B album is ON LOCK.

I have to agRIH, but yes, the category for Pop Duo is pretty stacked. All amazing songs, so really anyone could win. But I don't think Clear Shit has a chance, bless.

Nemesis_

XLS76O5.png

irfPMKEMeG6zQ.gif

But see that's weird because I loved Night Work, but Aphrodite is a whole other entity. I didn't like All the Lovers either. I don't know. I listen to it twice and the only song that I really did it for me was Cupid Boy and Aphrodite. That's it.

In Other News

New Barbra Streisand Duets Album Coming Soon, With Beyonce & Lady Gaga?

Superstar diva Barbra Streisand is preparing a new duets album, and it may feature the likes of Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Blake Shelton.

Her publicist confirmed the forthcoming duets set today (Jan. 25) to Billboard, but had no further details on the project, nor her collaborators.

Earlier today, it was reported by other news outlets that the album would feature collaborations with Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Bette Midler, Stevie Wonder and many more A-list singers.

Attitude magazine reported that producer Walter Afanasieff posted a photo of him, Babyface and Streisand on his official website with the caption: "Co producing with Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds the new Barbra Streisand duets album. Which will feature singers and musicians like Lionel Richie, Babyface, Blake Shelton, Stevie Wonder, Josh Groban, Michael Bublè, Lady Gaga, Bette Midler, Andrea Bocelli, Beyoncè, Billy Joel, John Mayer and many others…" However, that post had seemingly been deleted from his site by late morning on Saturday. (Perhaps Afanasieff spoke too soon?)

I think Gaga make's this whole thing very questionable.

Nemesis_

But see that's weird because I loved Night Work, but Aphrodite is a whole other entity. I didn't like All the Lovers either. I don't know. I listen to it twice and the only song that I really did it for me was Cupid Boy and Aphrodite. That's it.

Get Outta My Way?
Closer?
Illusion?

T____________T

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

All the Lovers is boring, but basically the whole of the rest of the album is good to great imo

Closer, Illusion and Cupid Boy >>>>

Get Outta My Way?
Closer?
Illusion?

T____________T

All the Lovers is boring, but basically the whole of the rest of the album is good to great imo

Closer, Illusion and Cupid Boy >>>>

All those are useable but I couldn't get behind the beat in them especially Closer. Get outta my way is the one I'd say is the better out of illusion and Closer tho. Cupid Boy is still >>>>>>>>>>>> (imo). Best on the whole album

royalan

Agree. I can't get into Bruno enough. I like his more dance-y, the police type productions but he is boring outside that. Definitely another Taylor Swift in the sound department just with less flair. He's just not a male performer I can get into especially with his vocals.

Listened to Trap Gold... 1st round. Didn't like it. What was the main issue was the beats. It was like the producers used the same sound packs on every song. The clap, the hype man. I didn't like that they used synths in the exact same places in every song. I knew they were coming up everytime and it wasn't that creative each. I know they were Diplo so it's kind of odd to see him do a Pharell and make every beat almost the exact same but switching out a couple of lines here and there, throwing on a new layer on the original and either speeding it up to 2.0x or back down to 1.0x. However in terms of her flow and lyrics, they were dope. I mean she had some hard ass lines when I was like, Oh shhhhhhhhhiiiiitttt.. And her performance was A+ overall. Her flow was right for the beat though still being rushed to fit it, her attitude was top notch... But mostly the beats killed it for me. It wasn't very trap like... Or as trap as I thought it would be.... I'll give it a second go to see if anything sticks.

KIIIIIIIIII not you liking everything BUT the production.

Thanks for giving it a listen tho. I expect it to grow on you. You'll be stanning in a week's time. *.*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't really know why Azealia signed to a major label in the first play tbh, she was obviously not going to get on well with them

wasn't she signed onto XL before though, and she was let go?

she's such a damn mess
Mau ®;98529767 said:
It's out tomorrow WW.

Except in the UK.

I'll never understand that strategy. Thankfully Rih usually releases on impact in the UK.

ugh this is so annoying, I was looking forward to putting it on my spotify playlist tomorrow

Bladenic

Link

How humble and generous of her. Queen.

I love Banks but she has absolutely no work ethics at all. Like I don't understand why she's acting like she's in any position to talk about who she wants right now. At this point she is a dot on the spectrum that any label does not see as a risk or something they need to grab at this time. What's sad is, she basically burned her own bridges and trying to play it off like her label is the reason for her dissatisfaction. Someone needs to teach her that openly publicly discussing your label affairs looks bad on your resume and no employer is going to want that on their team.

royalan

Mau ®;98529767 said:
It's out tomorrow WW.

Except in the UK.

I'll never understand that strategy. Thankfully Rih usually releases on impact in the UK.

...the UK is so fucking backwards when it comes to music releases.

Anyway, Aphrodite is flawless.

Cupid Boy
Closer
Get Outta my Way
Illusion
Everything is Beautiful
Too Much (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~)
Can't Beat the Feeling

Basically, every track but "Better Than Today" is a bite-sized pop confection wrapped in perfection.

TVw1Qwe.gif

royalan

You serenade me at the ball
Hiding from it all
Behind a disguise

ibxZcFtzVMmeru.gif

Who's the man who's at the masquerade?
Wish I hadn't stayed
Just to drown in lies

ibxZcFtzVMmeru.gif

Like the headline of a magazine
Are you what you seem?
Because I'm losing my belief

So I'm guessing the inferior Minogue is paid dust? I mean Danni isn't THAT bad but she's obviously not on Kylie's level. Ive always wonder why she wasn't as big. You would think siblings in the industry are a force to be reckon with, but they didn't capitalize on that.

royalan

So I'm guessing the inferior Minogue is paid dust? I mean Danni isn't THAT bad but she's obviously not on Kylie's level. Ive always wonder why she wasn't as big. You would think siblings in the industry are a force to be reckon with, but they didn't capitalize on that.

Dannii's had a few bops that I've gotten into.

I Begin to Wonder (which became a pretty decent dance hit...even though people dragged her for copying Kylie's style kiiiiiiii)

And I LOVE Don't Wanna Lose This Groove (even though it's basically a Madonna cover kiiiiii).

Dannii's had a few bops that I've gotten into.

I Begin to Wonder (which became a pretty decent dance hit...even though people dragged her for copying Kylie's style kiiiiiiii)

And I LOVE Don't Wanna Lose This Groove (even though it's basically a Madonna cover kiiiiii).

Yup. Those were bops. My all time favorite from her is So Under Pressure

Definitely one of my favorites. Sad, i don't think Kylie made a debut on any of her albums did she.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Your girls going to be in plug for the grammys?

Majmun

I will also be there if POPGAF hosts it. Can someone provide me with a link?I haven't visited the place in aaaaages

Mau ®

[h o w] do yew know this though.

This is shitting omg, and Kylie would elevate it even further.

The writers/producers said it on Twitter.

It does have that Kylie essence tbh. I'm curious as to how this album will sound. I always thought it would be more urban given her association with Roc Nation but it seems she'll still be as pop as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom