• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue. She didn't say.

Imagine if she did the world would not be ready.
075ee6d1.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The grammy pre-show has started where they're gonna announce over 90% of the winners of the genre awards. Tune in to see Rihanna win Best Urban Contemporary Alberm

ibzjeCsx2DXmgZ.gif

Christopher

I still can't believe how disappointing the video for Edge of Glory was...that could have been an EPIC song for her...what a dumbass she is sometimes you know? I had this whole video in my head that kind of reminded me of Fireworks/Beautiful where people were conflicting with themselves...

Guy is trying to bulk up and doing crazy things
Black person consitantly trying on wigs to look like magazines say before embracing her hair
Indian girl is being super pressured to do good in school
veteran is not willing to go out anymore because of lost limbs
a gay wedding featured in the video where the guy is so unsure because of his mothers disappointment then that whole sax interlude he says fuck it when he looks at his partner at the alter happy...

I dunno I just had this EPIC feeling about the song that could have been her breakout song and I literally was disgusted after seeing that trash video.

Just had to rant about that.

Katy Perry has damn near flawless videos all themed and without you going what the fuck did I just watch.

Also I'm so disspaointed the Wanted is breaking up...they needed a hit song again.

I still can't believe how disappointing the video for Edge of Glory was...that could have been an EPIC song for her...what a dumbass she is sometimes you know? I had this whole video in my head that kind of reminded me of Fireworks/Beautiful where people were conflicting with themselves...

Guy is trying to bulk up and doing crazy things
Black person consitantly trying on wigs to look like magazines say before embracing her hair
Indian girl is being super pressured to do good in school
veteran is not willing to go out anymore because of lost limbs
a gay wedding featured in the video where the guy is so unsure because of his mothers disappointment then that whole sax interlude he says fuck it when he looks at his partner at the alter happy...

I dunno I just had this EPIC feeling about the song that could have been her breakout song and I literally was disgusted after seeing that trash video.

Just had to rant about that.

Katy Perry has damn near flawless videos all themed and without you going what the fuck did I just watch.

Also I'm so disspaointed the Wanted is breaking up...they needed a hit song again.

Interesting.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I don't understand why big artists who end up with shit videos don't just redo them for their fans. They are filthy rich after all.

Flopga needs to recreate quite a biT of her BTW videography tho.

Ties

Banned
I don't understand why big artists who end up with shit videos don't just redo them for their fans. They are filthy rich after all.

Flopga needs to recreate quite a biT of her BTW videography tho.
artists that are in full control of their creative vision don't need to do this anyway if they know what their fans want

seeing people on my steam play it made me reinstall it but i suck a lot at it
we have a popgaf gang that plays it regularly we can help you out no sweat

E is reporting that the Opening performance is definitely going to be Drunk in Love and the set is 100% for Bey meaning that he's definitely going to be a feature so.. Yup, I'm hype.

What says "love" like being joined in holy matrimony by a music superstar while another raps onstage in front of an audience of hundreds more? Nothing, which is why Queen Latifah will be officiating the marriage of 34 same-sex and straight couples during tonight's performance of "Same Love" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the Grammys, according to a report from The New York Times. The duo will be accompanied by Madonna on vocals, who has certainly earned a reputation for making a splash during awards shows.

More at the Link

Hmmmm....

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Madonna is singing Mary Lambert's part?

i3jE2mfrg1nIF.gif

get promo, #Allies

That's one thing I don't get, because other things I've read have Mary performing as well, and lord knows Mary will annihilate Madonna if they sing opposite each other

so apparently gags had different plans for the VMAs..but MTV said no?

Torture, floating performers, and Ron Athey -- all this and more were included in the original treatment for Lady Gaga's performance of "Applause" at the 2013 VMAs. Creative development and production company, Dissident -- a company that "converges at the intersecting realms of visual arts, film, music, fashion sport, emerging technology, and international event installation" -- have posted the case study on their website, revealing details from the original outline that MTV Networks turned down. Lady Gaga recently revealed that she wanted look alikes to wear her iconic looks from past music videos, but MTV also refused to let her carry out her vision. Check out the treatment below along with the original reference images and some rehearsal photos of the final product!

CASE STUDY: BLACK AND RED INTO BLINDING WHITE LG begins on the center stage B below LED scoreboard, in a draped black gown (see reference image). The KAWS head turns to reveal a black backdrop (ex.: silk) stretched across the truss of the head. A red torture performance possibly involving artist Ron Athey (TO BE CONFIRMED) is displayed on an incline, with mirrored, bloody glass (see reference image). LG very slowly walks the catwalk to the main stage over a period of one minute and forty seconds. At 1:40 / as LG arrives at the black silk drop, it drops kabuki style and is immediately pulled offstage to reveal a blinding white paradise garden (see reference images), filled with LG performers, possibly floating or displayed on tall pedestals (see attached looks). At the same time as the black screen drops, LG’s black dress drops to reveal the same elegant gown in white. LG begins to walk stage left across the stage in profile over the course of two minutes. As she crosses the torture figure, the dress turns red. At 3:13, LG begins to fly diagonally up stage right in front of the white garden. The song ends as she is still ascending diagonally above the garden. At 3:36 or the end of the song, there is a black out; she is lowered and the head turns back to original position for next act. The exact timing of the walk, if her song is to be preceded by other noise/white noise etc./prior to it starting, etc. is ytd.

http://www.propagaga.com/2014/01/26/read-original-case-study-lady-gagas-2013-vma-performance

there are some images for reference, fake blood so NSFW I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom